Jheri Juice / Curl Activator - The Best Thing For Length Retention? 2018 Revival

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Yes. Which is why I tend to stay away. However I’ve been wig wearing this fall so my hair isn’t out in the air. Every time I take the wigcap off it’s lush. I think my head heat and the wig are working to keep the moisture contained.

I would agree! Whenever I go out or to work, I put on a scarf and then my baker boy hat over that. I wear it from door to door. My hair stays moist, warm and protected. Go juice!

snoop

It keeps my hair sleek and slick looking. Yes, I feel it helps me retain length. My hair is crunchy, dry and hard in its natural state. With curl activator, my hair is soft and moist. I used to use Stay Sof Fro. It is very thin and light. I changed over toe Scurl when I saw this girl at work who had fuzzy, dry looking hair like I have, then the next day, sleek looking wet hair. I asked her what she used, and the rest is history.

How long have you been using it?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
How long have you been using it?

Short answer: Many years

Long answer: It works best [for me] in conjunction with wearing protective styles. So, although I've used it for years, if I wasn't actively caring for my hair, it doesn't work as well. After I cut my hair to bra-strap and stopped caring for my hair from 2012 to 2016, I retained very little growth.

Aggie

Wow, how did I miss this thread? I have been on the juice since I big chopped July 31st this year. My hair loves :love: Loves this stuff so much. I don't plan to be without this anytime soon.

Thanks to @I Am So Blessed, I use Blue Magic Grease to seal and I don't have to leave myself broke buying all kinds of leave-ins to get that soft moisturized effect on my hair anymore. Plus I am saving a whole lot more money on the juice too :yep:

Aggie

Ok I can relate. This is how I use it. I apply after I wash my hair, put 5-7 flat twists in, let air-dry. Once dry, I untwist and apply again on dry hair and retwist. Once dry the 2nd time, my hair feels so soft and moisturized and this feeling can last 2weeks!
Yes yes and yes to all of this ^^^ @scarcity21

Aggie

Lustrasilks curl max moisturizer is my go to jheri juice. I later it under my gel for my wash n goes and use it to revive dry curls around day 3 or 4.
^ This is my favorite jherri juice by far @bolded. I just can't find it on the ground here in the Bahamas so I get the CFCG or Luster's SCurl.

It's time for me to look for it right about now so I don't run out. I only have one 20 oz bottle left in my stash at the moment.

snoop

How do you guys keep your hair from frizzing? I've been making my own spray and as soon as I spray it on my jumbo twists they frizz like crazy. My hair was so soft, though (1 glycerine: 2 water). With 1 glycerine: 3 water my hair frizzes on contact.

I was sealing with castor oil on my ends which I think contributed to locking in ther moisture but I really can't stand the greasy feeling on my hands when I need to touch my hair.

Any suggestions?

sunflora

Flowah Powah
How do you guys keep your hair from frizzing? I've been making my own spray and as soon as I spray it on my jumbo twists they frizz like crazy. My hair was so soft, though (1 glycerine: 2 water). With 1 glycerine: 3 water my hair frizzes on contact.

I was sealing with castor oil on my ends which I think contributed to locking in ther moisture but I really can't stand the greasy feeling on my hands when I need to touch my hair.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried shea butter? I don't use s-curl, but I find it works great for holding when applying to damp hair over a moisturizer.

snoop

Have you tried shea butter? I don't use s-curl, but I find it works great for holding when applying to damp hair over a moisturizer.

I'm not a fan of shea (it left my hair feeling hard). I joined the shea butter group for all of a week in hopes to love it, but didn't. I haven't tried it with the glycerine, but I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion!

sunflora

Flowah Powah
I'm not a fan of shea (it left my hair feeling hard). I joined the shea butter group for all of a week in hopes to love it, but didn't. I haven't tried it with the glycerine, but I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion!

Awww poo. Pure shea had that same effect on me, but when I whipped it with oil it was much better. I think the first mix I did was 50/50 shea and oil to kind of wean in lol.

I also see a lot of people use grease but I figure grease would also make your hair too greasy though if castor oil did.

Fingers crossed!

Kells

Sooooooo, I just bought a 32-oz bottle of S-Curl, because I’d read this thread earlier today.
I used to use the juice sporadically over the years.
Anytime I used it, my hair was very moisturized, I just hadn’t been consistent enough with it.
A 2K-XIX (‘19) Juice Challenge shoooole’ would be nice, OP...

Aggie

Sooooooo, I just bought a 32-oz bottle of S-Curl, because I’d read this thread earlier today.
I used to use the juice sporadically over the years.
Anytime I used it, my hair was very moisturized, I just hadn’t been consistent enough with it.
A 2K-XIX (‘19) Juice Challenge shoooole’ would be nice, OP...
If you start one @Kells, I'm in...Tag me if you do. My hair loves the Jherri juice

snoop

I've been playing around with making my own glycerine spray. The lower content (1 glycerine : 3 water) doesn't do much for my fair. A bit higher than that and my hair feels wonderful!!! The drawbacks are: 1. The glycerine makes my twists frizzy if I spray it in my twists, 2. The shrinkage it causes is fierce! I detangled my hair today but because it was partially loose, it shrunk back up and tangled up in itself. I've got to detangle again this weekend.

How does everyone use their spray and how often?

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I've been playing around with making my own glycerine spray. The lower content (1 glycerine : 3 water) doesn't do much for my fair. A bit higher than that and my hair feels wonderful!!! The drawbacks are: 1. The glycerine makes my twists frizzy if I spray it in my twists, 2. The shrinkage it causes is fierce! I detangled my hair today but because it was partially loose, it shrunk back up and tangled up in itself. I've got to detangle again this weekend.

Can you spray it in your hands then apply it to your hair? My hair is frizz central, so sometimes I apply it that way. Then if you do use it, you are definitely gonna have to pin it down at least until it “dries”

snoop

I added my glycerine spray a couple of hours ago, but I forgot to add the moisturizer and oil after so my hair felt like it was drying out a bit. So I went back with my normal spritz, moisturizer, and oil and I've put my twists into bantu knots for the night.

I find that by the second time I spray the glycerine one my hair, my hair feels soft, so I'll spray it again tomorrow morning and then re-twist my hair for the week.

Kells

I use it in my LOC process on wash day but I apply it daily over my canopy.

I typically doctor my products like with my other leave-ins or with my deep conditioners and I've tried to make a glycerin-based spray before and it just hasn't worked as well as S-Curl.
It's just keeping my hair so moisturized that that dry stiffness isn't a thing anymore. When I take my bun down, there's automatic hang-time. I literally had a conversation with my bottle today and told him "don't ever go away"
I'm gonna be stocking up in a minute here; this stuff is just liquid gold.

icsonia22

My hair is super weird. I have to apply products to completely dry hair in order for them to work and my Luster's curl is no exception. I apply it to completely dry hair and seal in the moisture with whipped or melted Shea butter. My hair stays moisturized for upwards of 2 weeks.