Jogger Accidentally Crosses Border And Detained For 2 Weeks

danysedai

Yep. No visit to the U.S for me and my family until 2024 ( I truly believe this clown will be re-elected). I'm Cuban- Canadian and don't want to be interrogated at the border like a friend of mine who missed her connecting flight to Mexico, especially now that the dry foot wet foot policy has been terminated.

okange76

US Border Patrol is awful. US Customs Agents in Toronto and Montreal are beyond terrible. You have to go through Customs in Canada on your way back to the US because Canadian flights land in Domestic terminals in the US. At least in Boston they do. I was made to feel like I was not supposed to be able to travel to Canada. Why were you here? What were you doing here? Can you prove it? There is a better way to talk to people without being complete jerks. It's not my fault I'm vacationing and you're stuck in a booth all day. You chose to work there.

Shula

I remember when you posted that and I'm so sorry that happened to you. I didn't mean to come across flippant and if I did, I apologize. It was more of an acknowledgement that they went too far like they have every single day since its inception.

I'm really just coming to "spank" you for apologizing and referring to yourself as salty and dramatic. What happened in that hotel would've probably caused the calmest of us to blow it up and put a hex on all the descendants of everybody present who aided and abetted. I don't blame your reaction one bit. :kiss:

I know how horrible it is. I once said calmly to the front desk boy at a hotel in ny that the service at his hotel was subpar after he was continually rude to us and even denied that we had a reservation after my family member went there and paid in advance! He called the police on me. 6 came. I became hysterical. Kept asking why this was. The lil dog poop said there was something about me and I was scum. The police threw us out. I cried and protested. They threatened that they would taze me and put me on a psych hospital. I became hysterical. DH practically picked me up and carried/forced me out of that hell hole. That is one of the worst moments of my freaking life. If I did not have my meemaw and countless other relatives in the us I would cut the us offf! Yes, I am salty!

The good thing was after they disrespected me for no reason I cussed them out for Sandra bland and the lil baby in Florida. After I was finished DH seemed shook. He hates hysterical, angry confrontations. But I did not start that mess. But I was going to finish it. After the dog poop police realized I was a crazy but educated person they let me go. I seriously thought about going back and killing the front desk guy. Never ever thought of killing someone before. He was utter racist scum. He traumatized me. I know I sound dramatic. But that experience affected me adversely.

Kiowa

I’m not usually a violent person but i was so angry. Lawd! I have experienced racism. Been called a black female dog and physically attacked in Florida but for some reason that hotel episode was the worst. But this incident cut deep. If my Dh was not there I would have been admitted to a psych ward. It distressed me so much.

I was able to get past it because I was able to share it on here and members like @Kiowa made me know that my feelings were valid...

I think we all help get each other through things on LHCF - I just had to take some time out...from my job, my life basically.....the stuff that happens in the US ..that is happening , of late ....I travel into US internationally a lot, and notice that as a black female travelling alone, that I'm always getting singled out...
I get aggressively asked questions which I am sure would not happen if I was white....so after being gone for a couple of months,having a nice time,I fly back to US and first thing I get is some racist agent in passport control, asking me questions..what a welcome home..:mad:

@Ganjababy - I think I posted my hotel story, and they sent two Big Bubba Sheriffs to turn me out of a hotel in the middle of the night, and I was in the middle of nowhere Redneck USofA city ....anyway, I need to keep my holiday vibe, but I'm with you :bighug:you have inspired me so much...

Last edited:

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
What in the world would these hotel folks be calling the police for?!!

I’ve called police to trespass 2 people in the 5 years I was a front office manager and that was because those folks actually committed crimes.

It’s plain racism and ignorance that could make someone call the cops on people checking in.