Joico moisture recovery shampoo & conditioner

honey7833

Hello has anyone tried Joico moisture recovery shampoo and conditioner? and also the Kpak reconstructor thinking of getting these after a recent article in Black hair magazine.

pmichael52172

I have the poo and con'. It's okay to me. I like it, but it's nothing mind blowing. I'm transitioning and am thinking about putting it up on the exchange forum. However, I'm waiting to decide on a good all natural shampoo.

Joico is a good line.

crazydaze911

Its nice, but i prefer the kpac intense hydrator. smthg about the low ph makes the comb glide through my hair - its heaven

poookie

i LOVE both the shampoo & conditioner. the shampoo gently cleanses without that stripped feeling, and the conditioner makes my hair feel fantastic, soft, and smooth. i use both whenever i want to blow dry my hair straight.

i prefer the moisture recovery balm to the conditioner, though, because the balm is a deep conditioner. the reg. MR conditioner just barely penetrates the hair shaft.

the KPak conditioner is wonderful. i haven't used the reconstructor, because Sally's has a knockoff version of the KPak reconstructor that smells heavenly & is much cheaper :grin:

both products have silicones, which is probably why they work so well for "taming" my new growth.

isabella09

I’ve tried and it's now a staple the Kpak liquid reconstructor; the combination of strength, softness and general feel of my hair after using it is just amazing. I had a small about of breakage during my transition which is now at bay as a result of using this product.

StarFish106

I love the Moisture Recovery Condish..nothing gives my hair slip like this (and I was a die hard Humecto user 2- tubs worth). I use the MR balm as well and I like this. The shampoo on the other hand, I could take or leave. I would rather use the Keracare Hydrating instead.

Prose Princess

I agree with those who say the moisture recovery treatment balm is better than the conditioner. It's so thick and moisturizing! :grin: I haven't tried the shampoo, as I don't use shampoo anymore :ohwell:

Jewell

I bought this set online back in March. The shampoo made my hair feel stripped, but the conditioner is da bomb. I am going to get the K-Pak Reconstructor, but as it stands, the Moisture Recovery Condish is a def. staple. I only used the shampoo once, but I am going to retry because I just know that Joico didn't make some half-a** shampoo. I am hoping for better results next time.

honey7833

Hello thanks for all the replies I bought it and have used all three once and I can honestly say there is a hugh difference in my hair it feels softer and less brittle and when i combed it through less hairs in the comb...I also used a a leave in conditioner called it's a 10 what I bought in New York...let you know how my hair changes over the next month.

Thann

I love the MR Shampoo, but the Conditioner is just okay for me. This the the only shampoo I use besides my KPak Chelating one. It cleans my hair without drying, stripping and leaving my hair coated. I have the MR Balm, but rarelt use it. I love the Joico KPak Reconstructor as well.

kblc06

AAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell how much I love Joico :love2:

SingBrina

Looks like I will need to waist more money and try this out, my hair is a little on the dry side for some reason... cant look like this for my special convention coming up!!!!

Jasmataz

I started using Joico Moisture Recovery after I found out that my stylist used it, and i've been loving it ever sense. I use the shampoo, conditioner, and the treatment balm. My favorite out of all three is the treatment balm. It's very moisturizing.

SingBrina

I started using Joico Moisture Recovery after I found out that my stylist used it, and i've been loving it ever sense. I use the shampoo, conditioner, and the treatment balm. My favorite out of all three is the treatment balm. It's very moisturizing.

I keep hearing about the balm, I need to get that too, what do you do with the balm and when is it put onto the hair, is it like a leave in?

Jasmataz

I keep hearing about the balm, I need to get that too, what do you do with the balm and when is it put onto the hair, is it like a leave in?

It's a deep conditioner. After I shampoo, I usually dilute it with a little bit of water and apply it with an applicator bottle (it's just easier for me to distribute it that way - even if i'm not wearing my weaves :grin:). Even though the container says to leave it on for just 5 minutes, I sit under a hooded dryer for about 15 minutes and then rinse.

SingBrina

It's a deep conditioner. After I shampoo, I usually dilute it with a little bit of water and apply it with an applicator bottle (it's just easier for me to distribute it that way - even if i'm not wearing my weaves :grin:). Even though the container says to leave it on for just 5 minutes, I sit under a hooded dryer for about 15 minutes and then rinse.

Oh cool, so how about the other conditioner that isnt the balm, that one is not as good as the balm? I was wondering which to go with, or get both? My hair is feeling kind of brittle and I need something to moisturize it and get it into shape, ugh :/

Jasmataz

Oh cool, so how about the other conditioner that isnt the balm, that one is not as good as the balm? I was wondering which to go with, or get both? My hair is feeling kind of brittle and I need something to moisturize it and get it into shape, ugh :/

The regular conditioner is good too but like someone else said, it doesn't penatrate the hair like how the balm does. I got all three at the same time (from amazon), but if you want to try out one over the other I say go with the balm.

charmtreese

I love joico. I prefer the silk results, kpak, clinicure and most recently added to my joico obsession the body luxe lines the best for my hair type. But I have used the the MR line on quite a few people with great results.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I use the MR line and I find it to be a good product. I use the poo & condish, never tried the hair balm. I think it provides my hair with a lot of body.

mzsophisticated26

I have used the Joico moisture recovery poo and conditioner but I did not repurchase my liter because it did not penetrate my hair and give me the slip i was looking for. I use joico kpak reconstructor and I love it. I occasionally use the kpak poo and conditioner too.

Toy

I use and Love Joico MR and the balm one ,Kpak The reconstructor conditioners only i dont use shampoo.

SingBrina

The regular conditioner is good too but like someone else said, it doesn't penatrate the hair like how the balm does. I got all three at the same time (from amazon), but if you want to try out one over the other I say go with the balm.

Yay okay thanks for your help!!!!!! :)

SingBrina

I love joico. I prefer the silk results, kpak, clinicure and most recently added to my joico obsession the body luxe lines the best for my hair type. But I have used the the MR line on quite a few people with great results.

MR? what is that?

CaramelPrincezz

I use the shampoo and the balm. The Balm is my staple DC. It's so thick and yummy. My hair loves it. I have the big container