Joico Silk Result and Moisture Recovery

leona2025

I've decided to give Joico a shot. I'm gonna get the entire kpak line since that seems to be raved about the most, but I want to try some things from their other lines as well. Any reviews for the Silk Result and Moisture Recovery Lines. I THINK I want to be able to rotate between two lines. Do I need to purchase the full line or just the conditioner and shampoo.

ajargon02

good question. I would only get the sample packs of both, like they sell at ULTA. This way you don't have a full product line and full bottles that your hair doesn't like. If you're not into the sample pack, then yes, I would only get the shampoo and conditioner.

OT:
BTW, I love the Kpack condish! I got a huge bottle from someone here, and I don't know what they did to it, but it's not what I am used to seeing, so I refuse to use it.............. :D

JaszG

Would the kpack conditioner be considered a protein conditioner? Sorry if thats a dumb question, but I'm not familiar with the Joico products.

ajargon02

Would the kpack conditioner be considered a protein conditioner? Sorry if thats a dumb question, but I'm not familiar with the Joico products.

YUP!

http://joico.com/products/haircare/kpak

Anything that says "restructure" is usually a protein packed product which can be confirmed by the ingrediants. You can check out the site, linked above, so you can see for yourself. I like the Kpak condish and have used it on occasion, in lew of heavier protein tx that I could have used.

Prudent1

leona2025,
ITA w/ ajargon02. I purchased the sample size products from Ulta (approx $5.00 each) of Kpak reconstructor, Kpak intense hydrator, and moisture balm b/c I didn't want to buy large sizes of products I might not like. They are now staples:yep:. I bought conditioners only though b/c I'm predominantly a CWer.

leona2025

I have bought the sample sizes of kpak and moisture recovery balm, but for me I don't recall it being spectacular. I was thinking it could possibly take more than one use to see the change in my hair and the sample sizes I can only squeeze one use out of.

Diva_Esq

If any ladies have used both products and can answer, what is the difference between the MOISTURE RECOVERY and SILK RESULTS lines? Thanks!!

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
If any ladies have used both products and can answer, what is the difference between the MOISTURE RECOVERY and SILK RESULTS lines? Thanks!!

The Silk line has Silk amino acids in it while the Moisture Recovery line has "Hydramine Sea Complex: a blend of moisture-loving ingredients from the sea that quenches overly dry hair attributed to the environment, chemical services or genetics."

Diva_Esq

The Silk line has Silk amino acids in it while the Moisture Recovery line has "Hydramine Sea Complex: a blend of moisture-loving ingredients from the sea that quenches overly dry hair attributed to the environment, chemical services or genetics."

Thank you! :)

Anyone ever use both and able to comment on the difference of how they worked on your hair/ what you'd use them for?

MizzCoco

I use the silk results line for coarse hair, and I love how my hair turns out. Im transitioning, about 8 months post, and I air dry and flat iron after using the shampoo and conditioner. My hair always turns out really silky and straight. I used to use the Kpak line but since I dont relax anymore, my hair doesnt need protein as often

Dposh167

Thank you! :)

Anyone ever use both and able to comment on the difference of how they worked on your hair/ what you'd use them for?

I use the silk one when i'm deep into a stretch and dealing with 2 textures. It still gives u good protein...good porosity...and that silky feeling all at the same time. And I loooove the poo!

The moisture recovery is just for a regular wash day i guess. If i had to choose btwn the moisture recovery and kpak...i would choose kpak tho.

leona2025

I use the silk one when i'm deep into a stretch and dealing with 2 textures. It still gives u good protein...good porosity...and that silky feeling all at the same time. And I loooove the poo!

The moisture recovery is just for a regular wash day i guess. If i had to choose btwn the moisture recovery and kpak...i would choose kpak tho.
poochie167
When you use this line which products do you use? Does it give your hair moisture? Good slip? Which products do you use from the Kpak line? I'm trying to decide if I need all the products in each line.

Last edited:

leona2025

I use the silk results line for coarse hair, and I love how my hair turns out. Im transitioning, about 8 months post, and I air dry and flat iron after using the shampoo and conditioner. My hair always turns out really silky and straight. I used to use the Kpak line but since I dont relax anymore, my hair doesnt need protein as often

MizzCoco

Did you need a moisturizing dc after using kpak since it's protein? Did you find that it thickened your hair? Do you use the silk result with heat? Which products out of each line did you use?

MizzCoco

@MizzCoco

Did you need a moisturizing dc after using kpak since it's protein? Did you find that it thickened your hair? Do you use the silk result with heat? Which products out of each line did you use?
Yes I still need a moisture DC after the Kpak. I always used AO HSR with heat. Now it makes my hair really tangled, so that let me know I don't need it any more. When I use the Silk Results line, I first DC on dry hair with HSR, then use the shampoo and conditioner in the shower. I leave the conditioner on about 5 mins or so, finish my shower business, then rinse. I don't use heat with any of their conditioners. I follow the instructions on the bottle, it works better for me.

Just as a heads up, i went to check out the Joico silk results like. Goldwell's Dual Senses Rich Repair also has hydrolysed silk and keratin in it. The only difference between this and Joico's silk results is that the silk and keratin are number 5 & 6 on the ingredients list while in Joico's silk results its 9 & 10. Just thought i'd add this incase anyone is interested in it :) I didn't get either as i still have my conditioner to finish off

MizzCoco how does the HSR help with your transitioning hair when you deep condition on dry hair

leona2025

Just as a heads up, i went to check out the Joico silk results like. Goldwell's Dual Senses Rich Repair also has hydrolysed silk and keratin in it. The only difference between this and Joico's silk results is that the silk and keratin are number 5 & 6 on the ingredients list while in Joico's silk results its 9 & 10. Just thought i'd add this incase anyone is interested in it :) I didn't get either as i still have my conditioner to finish off

@MizzCoco how does the HSR help with your transitioning hair when you deep condition on dry hair
Black NaijaAussie Barbie This kind of scares me. I have used one Goldwell product and my hair did not like it. My hair loves protein so I'm definitely going to get the kpak line. And I recently found liter bottles of Joico Silk Result, Daily Care, and Body Luxe lines for 16. Im going to go a head and purchase them and if I don't like them I can just give them away.

leona2025

Yes I still need a moisture DC after the Kpak. I always used AO HSR with heat. Now it makes my hair really tangled, so that let me know I don't need it any more. When I use the Silk Results line, I first DC on dry hair with HSR, then use the shampoo and conditioner in the shower. I leave the conditioner on about 5 mins or so, finish my shower business, then rinse. I don't use heat with any of their conditioners. I follow the instructions on the bottle, it works better for me.

MizzCoco

The intense hydrator conditioner doesn't do the trick for a moisturizing Dc?

MizzCoco

@MizzCoco

The intense hydrator conditioner doesn't do the trick for a moisturizing Dc?
No for some reason my hair HATED the intense hydrator! I have 2 tubes under my sink now! Every time I used it my hair would be so frizzy and dry. Thats the only Joico product I cant use lol

Dposh167

@poochie167
When you use this line which products do you use? Does it give your hair moisture? Good slip? Which products do you use from the Kpak line? I'm trying to decide if I need all the products in each line.

@leona2025

i just use the the poo and conditioner for the silk line. And for KPak i have the poo, cond, and the dc.

Both gives good slip, and moisture. Sometimes after i use them i feel like i don't even need a leave in cuz it makes my ng so soft. Joico is just an excellent line period. Their ingredients as a whole is what makes their products advanced. I never have complaints when i use joico

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Is the Kpak line (poo, condish, intense hydrater and leave-in) gentle enough, generally speaking as all hair differs, not to protein overload you.

Dposh167

^^no. IMO, the poo and cond. are light or light-med. protein. I never feel like i have an overload when i use them. Sometimes i may skip the poo cuz it is a sulfate, so it can be drying. But the dc is something that is a little more stronger. But not that strong. Joico is not on the same line as aphogee iMO