Jucing for hair growth

washize

Recently my mom bought a jack lalanne juicer. We've been drinking anything that can be juiced . I've done some reading and I've found that juicing with your diet can clear skin, and provides more vitamins and nutrients for your body, than cooking your vegetables and eating them raw (solid).

After doing this for two weeks I have noticed that my skin is brighter, and my scalp is producing more oils than usual.

Is anyone else here a juicer? If so, what differences have you noticed?

southerncitygirl

I do green smoothie/juice fast about once a week but for reasons other than hair growth. Haven't seen a huge differnce quite yet and also because I am natural and my protective style is wigs i won't be doing a length check till sometime btw march-april.

ladybuddafly

I'm a big fan of juicing and I also have Jack LaLane. However, my hair actually already grows pretty fast. I do notice that my skin and vision is very clear when I juice with carrots often.

What kinds of things are you juicing? At one point, there wasn't a fruit or vegetable that hadn't gone through my juicer. I was juicing vegetables like kohlrabi, beets and swiss chard. Vegetables I know I would NEVER eat any other way. LOL! Swiss chard, by the way, is delicious. So are beets, but I juiced so much I eventually had an allergic reaction to them and can't eat OR drink them anymore. Weird huh? Anyhoo, happy juicing!

washize

I'm a big fan of juicing and I also have Jack LaLane. However, my hair actually already grows pretty fast. I do notice that my skin and vision is very clear when I juice with carrots often.

What kinds of things are you juicing? At one point, there wasn't a fruit or vegetable that hadn't gone through my juicer. I was juicing vegetables like kohlrabi, beets and swiss chard. Vegetables I know I would NEVER eat any other way. LOL! Swiss chard, by the way, is delicious. So are beets, but I juiced so much I eventually had an allergic reaction to them and can't eat OR drink them anymore. Weird huh? Anyhoo, happy juicing!

Thats crazy you had an allergic reaction. Do you buy organic?

I'm juicing fruits and vegetables. So far I've done sprouts, cucumbers, lettuce, apples, tomatoes, carrots, celery, parsley, grapes

Nothing special. I live out in the sticks, so you can't get to much variety here, you have to go into the city to buy diverse produce.

londonjakki

~~I noticed the celery gives you beautiful skin...I was juicing the celery everyday, and after about 6 days I noticed how gorgeous my skin looked..unfortunately I didn't keep it up!!:nono:....I do green smoothies every day, makes my nails grow!!:yep:...Haven't noticed anything with the hair...but I do remember reading that carrots help with hair growth!

nicey

I also have a Jack Lalanne Juicer. It's the best thing that I've ever invested in. You guys will love it. I juice 3-5x every one to two weeks. Fruit and veggies has been so expensive in these neck of the woods that's why the juicing routine has been so scanty. Anyway, when I juice it would be carrots, apples, a small slice of lemon, and a small sliver of ginger(a little goes a long way). Sometimes I'd put some of my Perfect Food Super Green Formula powder from the Vitamin Shoppe in it to doctor it up a bit more. I get great results everytime. Not only am I regular:grin:, but my skin is clear and acne free and my hair is thriving. :yep: