Jul 3 4 5 6 7 8 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Happy Long Weekend to ALL the Weekend Hair Warriors! :bud:

And 1st Weekend of July!:sunshine:

Since tomorrow is a "holiday":look: and you might have plans - I've added today to the Line-Up so you can get it in.

So, let's stay focus and end 2019 long, healthy and strong! :boxing:

Livin' our Best Hair Life EVVVRRR!:flahssssss:

6 Days Divas! And Ya'll know what to do!:brainy:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Overnight Tonight:
Pre-Treat: JMonique Naturals Rhassoul & Bentonite Clay Mask (Saran Wrap, Plastic Cap)

Tomorrow:
Cleanse: with Stunnababez Cowash Conditioner
Treat: NurCreations Avocado & Green Tea Mask (under Dryer)
Steam: Naturelle Grow's Marshmallow, Slippery Elm
Apply Leave-In: LOCB (assorted)
Air Dry

Rozlewis

Friday evening:
Pre-poo: Annabelles pre-poo treatment under heat for 15 mins

Saturday:
Poo: Keracare Hydrating Detangling Poo 2x EO
DC: Kindred Butters Joe's Joe DC under heat for 30 mins
Leave-ins: Annabelles Leave-in
Heat Protectant: Kenra
Foam: Carols Daughter Foam
Style: Roller Set
Dry: Pibbs for 60 mins

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
My routine in the twists protective style is not involved at all. I did the twists smaller this time, close to mini twists, so I went through the twists along my hairline and made them bigger.
Basically, my hair is up in bun all the time. I simply switching up between 1 or 2 buns and the placement to make sure there isn't tension in the same spot.

WED
- Moisturize and seal hair with water, Camille Rose Twisting Butter, and coconut oil
- Retwist any twists that look a little ragged to freshen up the look

FRI
- Pre-treatment with coconut oil overnight

SAT
- Scalp treatment with Nizoral shampoo for 10 minutes
- Follow up with Camille Rose Caramel Cowash on twists
- Moisturize and seal with Twisting Butter and coconut oil
- Stretch twists in two braids while air drying

ETA: Forgot to mention I'm still doing 10-20 minute daily scalp massages.

Last edited:

PlanetCybertron

I went Swimming for the Fourth of July. I used Shea Butter on my hair to keep the chlorine from screwing up my hair.

I wanted to shampoo, but I honestly didn’t need it. So I just conditioned with Biolage. (Not one of my favs but I forgot my products, so my mother in law keeps a spare bottle whenever I come over to swim.)

We ended up spending the night, so after rinsing with conditioner I applied More Shea Butter, and let my hair air dry.

Earlier today I noticed my hair was breaking a bit. They were small pieces but I noticed it, and it was irritating me, and I realized I needed a protein treatment.

So today I used the remaining bit of OGX hair butter, remaining bit of ORS replenishing pack, and 1 egg yolk. That stopped all the small breakage I saw, and didn’t cause protein overload this time around, so I think I’ll keep that same formulation for my protein treatments for now.

I’ve been saving up money, and next week I’m unleashing my full product junkie-ness. I can’t hold back anymore lol

As for tomorrow, I think I’ll just co-wash, or just keep my hair in my beanie all day. Don’t really feel like doing anything, and my new growth is now on some gangster level type volume, but my hair has now tangled up again in various areas. My best bet is leaving my entire head alone until I can get back under running water.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
SAT
- Scalp treatment with Nizoral shampoo for 10 minutes
- Follow up with Camille Rose Caramel Cowash on twists
- Moisturize and seal with Twisting Butter and coconut oil
- Stretch twists in two braids while air drying
Attempted to do African threading for the second time on my hair after the wash to stretch it out. Its very time consuming compared to just braiding so I will go back to braiding on regular wash days and will use African threading when I want the blowout look.

Last edited:

water_n_oil

Saturday night:
  • Obia Coconut Shea Shampoo Bar (double cleanse)
  • DIY deep conditioner (overnight)
Sunday morning:
  • Ayurvedic shea butter
  • 9 braids

The consistency was an utter failure so back to the drawing board as far as that part goes. Here's hoping my hair feels nice in the morning though when I rinse it out. That Obia bar also gets a thumbs down for how quickly it disintegrates.

discodumpling

Under the dryer for a 1/2 hour DC with Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor mask.
After the rinse out I'll be layering Mielle Honey Pomegranate Leavein with Eco Olive Oil to reset my wash n go to start the week.

Aggie

This morning I:

Shampooed with Follicle Care Almond and Honey Protein shampoo followed by
Moisturizinf Shampoo with Follicle Care Castor Argan Shampoo
Protein DC with Follicle Care Castor Cayena

Have to complete my session with:

Moisture DC with Follicle Care Coco Rose Moisturizing DC
Moisturize with QB BRBC and SSI Papaya Leave-in Combo
Style - Big plaits under a wig for the week.

GGsKin

Last Night
I prepoo overnight with safflower oil and Oyin Honey Hemp con.

Today
Shampoo- Redken Cleansing Cream
Cowash- SheScentIt Blueberry Cowash
DC- Oyin Honey Hemp + Camille Rose Algae Renew
Style prep- Whipped Shea Butter mix and diluted KCCC. Left to air dry for a bit.