July 14 15 16 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

Rozlewis

Going away this weekend to a family reunion so I had to do my hair yesterday.

Clarify: Redken Cleansing Cream
Poo: Keracare Hydrating Poo
Protein Treat: Komazacare Protein Strengthener
DC: Naturelle Grow Slippery Elm Bark and Cinnamon Under heat for 30 mins
Leave-ins: Annabelle's/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Heat Protectant: Kenra
Dry: Air Dry 80% and blow dry on cool 100%
Flat Iron: SEDU 340 degrees

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Hi, I'm going to wash my hair, DC and air dry. That's all. HollyWood Beauty Cholesterol with my heat cap for an hour.

Is It me, or did this forum use to move a lot faster with posts and replies? In 20O9- 2011 this forum was popping .....more.

I still like this community.
YouTube has taken over as the go-to place for hair care stuff, along with easier forms of social media. In a forum, there is more interaction and thinking about what to post or respond. Also, wig/weave/crochet braids popularity has made hair care less relevant. All of the hair forum have taken a big hit, no matter the hair type.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
YouTube has taken over as the go-to place for hair care stuff, along with easier forms of social media. In a forum, there is more interaction and thinking about what to post or respond. Also, wig/weave/crochet braids popularity has made hair care less relevant. All of the hair forum have taken a big hit, no matter the hair type.
I was already blaming YouTube and you just confirmed it. Man, everything was better back in the day. I still get emotional for back in the day. I miss it. But I appreciate the now, I still love this forum.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I was already blaming YouTube and you just confirmed it. Man, everything was better back in the day. I still get emotional for back in the day. I miss it. But I appreciate the now, I still love this forum.
I prefer the forum format because of the interaction, but it is harder to do when most internet usage is via smartphones. Laptop and desktop sales are also on the decline.

PuddingPop

Just washed these box braids tonight. I keeps it all the way old school and still use the crown and glory method for my braids and a variation of Moe Grow oil for my scalp.
I got them put in last Friday so they've been in for exactly 1 week. I usually like to wait 2 weeks for my first wash but my scalp couldn't take it.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I've already washed and applied a leave-in.

Due to a review on The Original Moxie website, I'm considering the following either Saturday morning, Saturday night, or Sunday morning . . . even though the reviewer has 3c hair and I mainly have 4a hair:
  1. Section hair using Goody Updo Barrettes (5 sections on each half so that sections are small enough to make product application easier).
  2. Soak hair with water in shower.
  3. Section by section at the sink with a spray bottle handy containing shower-filtered-water:
    - Remove barrette.
    - Apply The Original Moxie Hair Bling sample, apply The Original Moxie Shape Shifter sample, and brush the product through the hair section to distribute.
    - Replace barrette and move product-laden section under processing cap to keep it out of the way.
  4. Once all sections have product, remove processing cap and all barrettes and diffuse hair.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Friday: Chill

Saturday: Oil rinse/detangle with safflower oil, aloe to the scalp

Sunday: Fermented rice water soak, oil rinse, aloe to the scalp. Not sure what oil I want to use Sunday.

Saturday: Wet hair with fermented rice water and raw aloe, marinate under plastic cap. Oil rinse/detangle with safflower oil. Make Rooibos Guava Tea as a future leave-in rinse.

Sunday: Chill

Aggie

Finally getting my wash on today:

Prepooing
with my CPGO (Curly Proverbz Growth Oil) on my scalp and aloe vera juice and grapeseed oil on my strands
Shampooing with Bask & Bloom Gentle Herbal Shampoo
Deep Conditioning with Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage Deep Conditioner
Leave-in Bekura Honey Late

niknakmac

Yesterday and this morning box braid take down.

Today
Wash
Protein treatment
Deep condition

I may do a bit of a trim. Not sure yet.

Style for dh birthday celebration tonight. I'm thinking cane rows in the front with braid out in the back.

My braids lasted six weeks I could have gone longer but I missed my hair!

GGsKin

I want to squeeze in an impromptu henna treatment so I will mix up some henna with steeped hibiscus and water. I say squeeze in because I'm doing a wash, blow out, trim and press on someone else in a little while.

I'll add some other bits and apply the mix later on tonight and leave overnight. Tomorrow, I'll rinse and DC. Probably use some FRW. Here's hoping I am not disturbed.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Thursday
Prepoo with Ramtirth Brahmi oil

Friday
Wash with Alopecil Apretol 15 Cinnamon & Rosemary shampoo
Heated DC with Ayurvedic tea (fenugreek seeds, licorice, triphala, rosewater) + SM Manuka Honey masque
Final rinse with Alopecil Apretol 15 conditioning rinse

Retwist
Jane Carter Solution Seal & Shine + mahabhringraj oil on length
Tropical Isle JBCO Hair Therapy on scalp
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter (before Loreal acquisition formula)
Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray Gel

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Thursday
Prepoo with Ramtirth Brahmi oil

Friday
Wash with Alopecil Apretol 15 Cinnamon & Rosemary shampoo
Heated DC with Ayurvedic tea (fenugreek seeds, licorice, triphala, rosewater) + SM Manuka Honey masque
Final rinse with Alopecil Apretol 15 conditioning rinse

Retwist
Jane Carter Solution Seal & Shine + mahabhringraj oil on length
Tropical Isle JBCO Hair Therapy on scalp
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter (before Loreal acquisition formula)
Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray Gel
I would lose my absolute mind, if I could play in your ayurvedic stash, :yep:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I want to squeeze in an impromptu henna treatment so I will mix up some henna with steeped hibiscus and water. I say squeeze in because I'm doing a wash, blow out, trim and press on someone else in a little while.

I'll add some other bits and apply the mix later on tonight and leave overnight. Tomorrow, I'll rinse and DC. Probably use some FRW. Here's hoping I am not disturbed.
Do you still put hydrolyzed silk in your henna mix?

I need to do a henna tx this weekend. Maybe, I should push it off and order some SAAs or hydrolyed silk.

discodumpling

This up coming week is that week where less is best. When I finally wash tonight or tomorrow morning before work..she's gonna get slicked back into a pony tail for the rest of the week. It's going to be hot, sticky humid and oppressive. I tend to get hella annoyed if even a wisp of hair gets stuck to my neck or forehead ...like I wanna fight my own hair for touching me ya know? So it's best for us to ignore each other for the next 5-7 days. I will treat her to a co-wash, detangle, a heavy hand of leave in and moisturizer and encase it all in my Eco Olive Oil gel before tying her down with a scarf. I'll redo and re moisturize every 3 rd day or so...she'll let me know.