July 16 17 18 19 20 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Tomorrow I’m going to wash, do a protein treatment, deep condition and assess all the damage I’ve done to my hair over the past year. Might cut off 1-2 inches. :cry3:

When I stop crying I’m going to develop a new regimen (internal and external) and organize my product stash.

I’ll update tomorrow with the products I’m using.

Neomorph

Sometime this weekend (either tomorrow or Sunday) I'll be washing my hair.

I'm swapping my T-sal Shampoo for the Design Essentials Peppermint & Aloe Therapeutics Anti-Itch shampoo. One of the annoying aspects for scalp conditions is they tend to "adapt" to treatments. I'm trying out the DE shampoo to test its effectiveness and if it works, I'll start a shampoo rotation where I swap out shampoos every 4-6 weeks. One perk is that I'll know pretty quickly how effective the shampoo is. And since my T-sal is still working, if it ends up aggravating my scalp I can quickly remedy it with a wash with the T-sal.

EDIT: As I'm writing this edit, I am currently DC'ing. I just wanted to talk about the Design Essentials Peppermint and Aloe Shampoo. The tingle is REAL. I've used other shampoos with Peppermint in it (like Giovanni's Tea Tree Triple Treat and EdenBodyworks), but this is by far the strongest tingle I felt on my scalp period. I guess I can attribute that to the T-sal I've been using the past few weeks really clearing up the flakes and scales on my scalp. The Design Essentials shampoo left my scalp just as clean as the T-sal, my hair was not stripped (again just like the T-sal). So...so far so good! The real test will be next week to see how flaky my scalp gets. I'm really hoping this shampoo passes the test because I just am IN LOVE with the tingle, and it's from a black owned company so I really want to support.

Other than that I'll be DC'ing with Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Penetrating Treatment, using Kiny Curly Knot Today as my leave-in and detangler, and seal hair with Sunny Isle's Lavender JBCO Pure Butter and style my hair in 2 flat twists. My pre-poo with be the NaturelleGrow Marshmallow DC with 1/2 tbsp of fenugreek added. Basically same old, same old.

Last edited:

shasha8685

Today I:

Shampoo: ORS Creamy Aloe (an oldie but goodie)/ DE Almond and Avocado Shampoo
Treatment: SSI Okra Reconstructor
DC: SSI Plum Nectar and Agave Hair Mayo
Leave In: CR Curl Love Hair Milk

Style hair in twists for twist out using The Doux C.R.E.A.M Twist and Curl Cream and The Doux Mousse Def Texture Foam

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Friday
Oiled my scalp and hair with my oil mix which is a spoonful of each oil: hemp seed oil. grape seed oil, rice bran oil, and jojoba oil

Saturday

Re-twist the front two rows to keep my twists looking fresh. Mist with some water to get hair slightly damp, and seal with the oil mix that I added some shea butter to, finger detangle, and then re-twist.

CocoGrowingHair

Hello everyone!

Today was wash day for me.

-Cleansed my hair with Curls Dynasty Cocoa Mint Shampoo
-Conditioned and de-tangled hair with Curls Dynasty Give Me Slip Conditioner
-Deep conditioned with ORS Hair Mayo with heat for 45 mins
-Applied my leave ins and creams (Curls Dynasty Kalahari Smoothie Leave in and Eden Body Works Natural Curl Defining Creme) and sealed with OGX Extra penetrating Argan oil.
-Twisted hair and I'm now doing the hair banding method to stretch.

I plan to keep the twists in until Wednesday then wear a twist out the rest of the week.

*This was one of my best wash days. I did the protein treatment because I had a heat styling service the week prior. I also got a trim so that made so much more of a difference.

Lita

Took an aloe leaf and made a pre poo

Washed-
Curls & Potions”Growth/Restore RW Poo”

Treatment
Curls & Potions”RW Acai Magic Rinse”

Deep Condition
Curls & Potions”RW Gloss”50min

Rinse-out
SSI”Baobab Fluffy Curls” Con

Leave-in
PJN”Hibiscus & Fenugreek” hair lotion