July 2015: Hits & Misses

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: EcoStyler Argan Oil
I actually went back to this. I used my Knot Sauce Creamy Oil combo and used a little bit of this on each twist. I forgot how smoothing it goes on.

Took my twists down, no flakes, nice hold, I love it. So I can conclude the flaking the last gel usage was the EcoStyler Pink I was using with this combo. Glad I have a big ole tub of the Argan.

Last edited:

iamyattababe

Hit: That Organics Twist and Curl Argon Gel found at Dollar Tree.

Yes it's cheap, yes the ingredients are questionable, but my hair loves this stuff for some reason. I mix it with my Suave Shea Butter and Almond conditioner, get shiny, moisturized wash and gos with a nice bit of hold. Mix it with olive oil when I do my twist-outs, nice, shiny and defined curls that resist this Texas humidity. I just went back and bought 6 of them so I can have on stock in the real chance that they decide not to carry it anymore.

I second this hit..its amazing!

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Hit: Terressentials Mud Wash in Cool Mint - this mix was a bit looser than the other three and separated in the container, so I didn't think I'd get much definition from it. I was wrong. Cute little coils and definition.

So it's official. Scented Terressentials Mud Wash is the bomb. Glad I tried it.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
I've wanted to try these for years. Too bad my local Whole Foods doesn't offer this product... the shipping costs are astronomical.

Hit: Terressentials Sultry Spice Mud Wash. I've tried three so far: Left Coast Lemon, Lavender Garden and this one. Spice is not as clumping as the Lavender, which isn't as clumping as the Lemon, but I like them all.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I've wanted to try these for years. Too bad my local Whole Foods doesn't offer this product... the shipping costs are astronomical.
Me too, and yeah the shipping was my deterrent also. But they are still offering free shipping...but for a $90 purchase. You must find the phrase in the details though and quote it exactly. I'm not the product junkie I used to be, so I splurged and bought the 4 scented washes, then had the nerve to re-order. I do not regret it.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
@nothidden Free shipping? I may just order from Terressentials instead of SoulTanicals

Hit CurlFormers Barrel Curls Glam-Up Kit:
20150620_052226~2.jpg20150620_052358~2.jpg
I bought them last month from CurlMart. They allow my hair to dry completely. The pink/orange super long CF are too narrow for my dense hair.

CodeRed

Hit: Shea Moisture Yucca and Plantain Anti-Breakage Masque.

It really is anti-breakage. I had less shed hairs after this than with most other conditioners. It by itself (unmixed with other ingredients) makes my hair really soft and there's virtually no breakage. I was amazed.

Initial hit: Tresemme Perfectly Undone Conditioner

I co-washed my hair with this this morning and was pleasantly surprised. My hair is soft and less breakage also.... Good stuff for under $5 for 25 oz. It detangled my hair well too. My hair feels clean and soft. Was not expecting that...