July 2015: Hits & Misses

overtherainbow

Continued Hit- AO White Camellia Conditioner (new formula)- this stuff has the best slip and really moisturizes my hair. I don't know how I always forget about it. Definitely one of my fav moisturizing conditioners.

Jury's out:

Shea Moisture JBCO Masque- I love this as a DC-sort of. When its first applied, the slip is almost non existent so I feel like I have to use more. 5-10 minutes later, my hair is so moisturized the tangles slip away. Afterwards, my hair is strong and moisturized. Same effect when used as a prepoo. So what's wrong with it? It makes my shower death trap slippery. I never had a slippery shower issue and I had to hold onto the wall for dear life these past two wash days. I then had to rinse the tub extra well to avoid future accidents. Upon rinsing the tub did I discover issue #2- it turns my tile the color of mud. The last thing I want to do on wash day is scrub my shower walls. Not cool Shea Moisture.

curlyhersheygirl

miss: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo, it works well but it separated and formed a big gelatinous brown glob. I am afraid to use it. The bottle was less than two months old. This was the only Shea Moisture product I liked.
@MilkChocolateOne That's interesting. I have used SM products that have been opened and in use for more than a year but still within the use by date without incident. I would suggest contacting SM directly about this issue.

NaturallyATLPCH

Huuuuuuge Miss: Bellezza Naturale Pink Grapefruit Mask
Her earlier masks were good. This one was horrible. Hardly any slip, and it was just like pasting mud on my hair. I used it as a prepoo hoping I could prepoo, detangle, and DC all in one step. After sleeping in it overnight (because my hair really needed some moisture), it didn't even really absorb and detangling was nonexistent. I had to add a conditioner to it and cut several single strand knots where my hair had knotted up. :cry:

Money down the drain, but I threw the rest out. I got it on sale so it wasn't as pricy, but she know she's wrong for charging $30.00 for that MESS. :wallbash:

She needs to stick with soap. Then what's so bad is, like I said, she's always switching up stuff so she doesn't even have the masks she used to make. And her arrogant behind more than likely won't make them.

My Naturale Grow saved the day. :yay:

AgeinATL

Hits:
Based off a review from @NaturallyATLPCH, I decided to try Shea Moisture's 10-in-1 hair masque....SM FINALLY got a mask right with this one. I had honestly given up on them as I have tried every last SM DC. My issue lately with DCs is that it feels great in my hair but once I rinse it out, the softness doesn't last at all. Almost like I never DCed. This mask actually feels amazing on my hair and most importantly, after I rinse. My hair is left soft, I have major curl poppage, and it leaves my hair so manageable. I am so happy to finally find a good DC that I can get on the ground AND one that I can get during BOGOs. I see you Shea Moisture...I see you.

Using my Q-redew to refresh my hair and add moisture. I also have been using it to open my cuticles before applying my DC or my moisturizer. Great little tool!

Continued Hits:
Shescentit Okra Reconstructor
Oyin Hair Dew

Miss:
Shescentit Moisture Riche DC. After giving it a fair try and using it all sorts of ways, it is a 'no' for my hair.
Camille Rose Coconut Water DC. It was just okay. Nothing earth shattering. If felt good going on but that feeling didn't last once it was rinsed out.

Ann0804

miss: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo, it works well but it separated and formed a big gelatinous brown glob. I am afraid to use it. The bottle was less than two months old. This was the only Shea Moisture product I liked.

I have this problem too although I've had mine for a year. The date on it says it's good til next year but I refuse to continue to use it. Even if I shake it it still has that settled look.

NappyKinks

@NaturallyATLPCH, It truly sucks when you have a product that really works and then the company messes with the formula. I have some Blue Roze Beauty products that I'm trying to stretch because she changed the formula of some and discontinued the others. I'm not saying the new stuff is bad, I just haven't tried them yet.

You should contact the vendor about the issue. I mean you had to take scissors to your hair. :(

NaturallyATLPCH

@NaturallyATLPCH, It truly sucks when you have a product that really works and then the company messes with the formula. I have some Blue Roze Beauty products that I'm trying to stretch because she changed the formula of some and discontinued the others. I'm not saying the new stuff is bad, I just haven't tried them yet.

You should contact the vendor about the issue. I mean you had to take scissors to your hair. :(

Thanks @NappyKinks . It wasn't a reformulation issue, it was just a different mask and it SUCKED. I'm not wasting my time contacting her because she swears she knows everything :rolleyes:

NappyKinks

@NaturallyATLPCH; oh okay still sucks though.

Yeah that SM Purification Mask is great. I saw the Dandruff Mask too, I hope they don't plan on replacing the PM with the DM like they did the Yucca and Baobab line with the Yucca and Plantain. The PM and DM packaging looks almost identical though, not a good sign. :(

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm so glad I have like 6 of these in my arsenal. Stupid Shea Moisture messing up a good thing with this Dandruff Control mask mess. I know the original Purification mask can still be purchased online but I wonder for how long? Humph...

@NaturallyATLPCH
Reading this, makes me want to put it up. :look: I think I have about x4?

I thought you would be able to still get it on line from CVS & Walgreen's but not in the Stores?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NaturallyATLPCH
Wait!:eek:

I thought you could still get them on-line at CVS and Walgreen's

Just not in the "Store" (Brick & Mortar)

ETA: Didn't see it on Walgreen's and it's 'supposedly' OOS on CVS.

Sally also use to have it.

Last edited: