July 2016: Hits & Misses

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Huge Miss:
Received my HQS today. Came with no Notification/No Nothing. Which was fine, because to be honest, I didn't think it was coming at all. Point Blank. Period. (lol).

Okay..I ordered the B1G1 Free 12oz Greaseless Moisture. I open the box and it is x1 12oz Greaseless Moisture.:eek: (and a 4oz GM) which she promised everyone because of the delay in Shipping/Response etc...

In full disclosure, I have opened and escalated a PP Dispute with this vendor, because to be honest, I never thought it was coming due to unanswered convo's from me and several others.

And so now, it is a Partial order. PP has said they will make their decision by 07-31 based on: Item Not As Described.

#neveragain :dighole:

ms.blue

Huge Miss:
Received my HQS today. Came with no Notification/No Nothing. Which was fine, because to be honest, I didn't think it was coming at all. Point Blank. Period. (lol).

Okay..I ordered the B1G1 Free 12oz Greaseless Moisture. I open the box and it is x1 12oz Greaseless Moisture.:eek: (and a 4oz GM) which she promised everyone because of the delay in Shipping/Response etc...

In full disclosure, I have opened and escalated a PP Dispute with this vendor, because to be honest, I never thought it was coming due to unanswered convo's from me and several others.

And so now, it is a Partial order. PP has said they will make their decision by 07-31 based on: Item Not As Described.

I'm surprised that she still has customers. Very unprofessional

NaturallyATLPCH

Huge Miss:

After alladat...yeah, she needs to go ahead and shut down shop.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
SM Sacha Inchi Masque.

CRN Curl Maker. So, how I never paid attention to the ingredients is beyond me. As I was using in the shower, on soaking wet hair, I said to myself "does this have aloe in it?" Looked and it's the 4th ingredient. I said I'll see how this goes. Aloe and I are very funny. I've never used this by itself on wet hair, only as a sealer. This product really adds weight to my hair, which wouldn't be a bad thing for a WNG. So here it is, 2 days later and my hair is surprisingly soft and does not need to be rewashed, just refreshed. $21.$&@?!99 this $&@? Better work. Cat piss smell, it better work.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit:
SM Sacha Inchi Masque.

CRN Curl Maker. So, how I never paid attention to the ingredients is beyond me. As I was using in the shower, on soaking wet hair, I said to myself "does this have aloe in it?" Looked and it's the 4th ingredient. I said I'll see how this goes. Aloe and I are very funny. I've never used this by itself on wet hair, only as a sealer. This product really adds weight to my hair, which wouldn't be a bad thing for a WNG. So here it is, 2 days later and my hair is surprisingly soft and does not need to be rewashed, just refreshed. $21.$&@?!99 this $&@? Better work. Cat piss smell, it better work.
I cant use it,

ALOE and coconut oil together so high, it caused my hair to be dry and crunchy. everyone else seems to love it though

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I cant use it,

ALOE and coconut oil together so high, it caused my hair to be dry and crunchy. everyone else seems to love it though

I don't love it. I like it, but there is something about it that won't let me feel it's great :laugh: when I applied I felt the aloe without realizing there was aloe in it. Ugh. Coconut oil I think my relaxed hair didn't like because nowadays my hair isn't complaining.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
New Hits
Extreme Wetline Professional gel - I got medium hold with no crunch, shrinkage or flakes.

Eternally in Amber - Excellent CS. One of my combs was missing. She shipped the missing item immediately. The combs are lightweight & flexible. They are truly seamless.

Curl Junkie Curl Rehab - love as both DC & leave-in. Has slip. Saved me from protein overload. Protein & glycerin-free; mixes well with my stylers (Eden Bodyworks Curl Defining Créme, Fruit of the Earth, SM 3 Butters, Ecostyler, Xtreme Wetline, AO B5 Design gels, SM original & Kids smooothies)

Continued Hits
SM Sacha Inchi smoothie & gel
Oster comb & Tangle Wrangler
Neem oil
Dudu Osum Hair & Body Oil

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner - Affordable at $4 for 16oz. It detangles & moisturizes despite being a clarifying conditioner. If your scalp feels like this :couchfire:; Cowashing with TTT will have it feeling like this: :hottub:!

SM Coconut Hibiscus Hold & Shine Mist - Glycerin-free, moisturizes & defrizzes twists/braids. Soothes scalp due to neem oil & shea oil. It has no hold and doesn't dry sticky. Pairs well with Curl Junkie conditioners.
I either use this straight or mix with Oyin Handmade Juices & Berries. Juices & Berries has slip. The SM Hold & Shine Mist cuts the former's sticky feel.

Alikay Naturals Lemongrass
Mielle Organics White Peony
SM Kids Coconut Hibiscus mist
LUSH trichomania shampoo bar - soft, moisturized hair
One Naturals Hair Biscuit - soft, moisturized detangled hair. Better affordable dupe of LUSH Godiva bar.

On The Fence
JessiCurl Deep Conditioning Treatment (unscented) - Love the smoothing effect of cocoa butter. It has salon sizes available. Mixes well my stylers. Doesn't absorb unless used with heat. Not enough slip unless used on wet hair.

Miss
My Mason Pearson styling comb broke.
Millcreek Botanicals Henna Conditioner - Protein overload
SM High Porosity Masque - Protein overload
One Naturals Hair Biscuit - Discontinued due to lawsuit by LUSH.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Huge Miss:

Wow...I'm sorry you had to put up with such nonsense @IDareT'sHair

Looks like Hydroquench Systems is the new AfroVeda.