July 2016: Hits & Misses

Aggie

HIT:

A new hit for me is a combination of Bekura's Cacao Bark Conditioning Hair Mask and Bekura YAM Nectar, The Cacao Bark smells like divine decadent chocolate. :2inlove:

It was thick and lush in the jar but when I mixed it with the YAM Nectar, the whole thing softened to a honey-soft texture. I mixed 2 tablespoons of each in a mixing bowl and I used every drop of it :lick:

Firstly, the mixture felt really silky and soft in my hands and I knew my hair was going to fall in love :love4: with this. Secondly, it glided effortlessly on my hair and soaked in really nicely.:thud: I made sure to coat my hair from root to tip to make sure I wasn't leaving any of my lovelies out.

Then I deep conditioned with heat for an hour. When I removed my conditioning cap, I was greeted with a deeply defined head of lush, shiny and popping curls.:gorgeous: I then washed it out and my hair was still popping.

I really love these conditioners,:snuggle: so much so, I don't know how I'm going to break the news to my beloved Kerastase conditioners.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Aggie
Glad the Bekura worked out for you. YAM is great. Im so mad it took me so long to purchase it. Cacao Bark was nice, but I felt it could have performed better. I'm glad your hair liked it. I feel like if Vanilla Whiskey, Cacao and YAM were all in one, they would be great, but I gave away my Cacao Bark to test that theory.

As much as I love Kerastase, you can purchase the entire conditioner line of Bekura for the price of one masque intense of Kerastase.

Aggie

@Aggie
Glad the Bekura worked out for you. YAM is great. Im so mad it took me so long to purchase it. Cacao Bark was nice, but I felt it could have performed better. I'm glad your hair liked it. I feel like if Vanilla Whiskey, Cacao and YAM were all in one, they would be great, but I gave away my Cacao Bark to test that theory.

As much as I love Kerastase, you can purchase the entire conditioner line of Bekura for the price of one masque intense of Kerastase.
@Saludable84

OMG! This is so true. Kerastase is really expensive but thankfully since they're not handmade, they can wait until I go through some of my handmade products.

On the plus side, these handmade products are really doing my hair some good:yep:.

Cacao Bark is a protein treatment so the slip wouldn't be as much as the YAM Nectar. That was why I combined them - to get an even moisture/protein balance. Additionally I didn't feel like doing separate treatments and I wanted to save some time.

vanray

Still a hit:
Cantu leave in. Keeps my hair moisturised for weeks at a time.

Cantu conditioning mist- since my hair is in braids this is what I'm using to moisturise it. Super light.

My whipped Shea butter and coconut oil mix- I forgot how great a sealer Shea butter is for my hair. This is the only way I like coconut oil tho.

On the fence
SM JBCO Leave in- I got it on sale and was really excited because I love the mask but I don't know about this yet. Used it on my braided ends didn't like it. Maybe it works better on damp hair.

Miss
Finger detangling. No time for that.

Oils to seal-hair likes butters more.

Twist outs- I did my first one and got tons of definition. I was able to go a week without twisting...but then I had to do the whole process over again the next week? Nah. I'm good.

Aggie

Okay A BIG HIT:

SSI sent me a 2.5 oz sample size of the Marula Hemp Hair Cream and I used it on my hair tonight. Oh my! That's a new addition to my stash. Now I have to go and get the full sized one because it is so stupid moisturizing. This cream will be my twist out cream. I may need to use some Wetline Xtreme with it for holding power but it is definitely on my purchase list:yep:

ETA:

This butter is so slippy I put some on my dry heels and again, awesome moisturizing results even on my feet. I love it so I'll be getting 2 jars of it.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Okay A BIG HIT:

SSI sent me a 2.5 oz sample size of the Marula Hemp Hair Cream and I used it on my hair tonight. Oh my! That's a new addition to my stash. Now I have to go and get the full sized one because it is so stupid moisturizing. This cream will be my twist out cream. I may need to use some Wetline Xtreme with it for holding power but it is definitely on my purchase list:yep:

ETA:

This butter is so slippy I put some on my dry heels and again, awesome moisturizing results even on my feet. I love it so I'll be getting 2 jars of it.

I didn't give it a great chance but I do like it so far.

I'm also iffy on the Apple and Sorghum, but if they have a good Black Friday sale I will purchase

Aggie

I didn't give it a great chance but I do like it so far.

I'm also iffy on the Apple and Sorghum, but if they have a good Black Friday sale I will purchase
I'm buying that Apple and Sorghum whether on sale or not, but most likely on sale with the free shipping option.

I will always be needing something from Bekura I think, especially that YAM Nectar:lick:. If a conditioning treatment is giving me problems, I'll just a little of this to it and it should be good to go:yep:.

I haven't used the Palm Tapioca or Vanilla Whiskey as yet though but I am looking forward to it.

SuchaLady

Miss:
-It's A 10 Hair Mask. It felt like a $33 rinse out conditioner:mad:. Now 3 days later my hair doesn't feel moisturized at all. My usual conditioners infuse enough moisture in my hair to last up to 2 weeks if I wanted to skip a wash day. Now I feel like I need a midweek wash which I have only had to do once or twice in like years. So yeah this is going back :look: @Aggie

-Mielle Organics Avacado whatever it's called Hair Milk I put this on after washing and blow drying and the next day my hair felt just like it did before putting it on :lachen: it was only about 6 hours in between when I did my hair and waking up for work the next morning so idk where that moisture went :lol:

So yeah. I have $45 worth of returns and I'm kinda excited :look:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Another HIT:

Bekura Apple & Sorghum Supple Hair Syrup. Thanks for raving about this. I went back on the site to add my backup and whadaya know, dem heffas gone buy them all up :angry2:. Now I have to wait until they are back in stock again :sad:.
@Aggie
Uh...No...I didn't rave about this product.:nono: ......:look: (Sorry, wasn't me)

It was basically a MISS for me because I didn't know how to use it or what it was suppose to do?:ohwell:

I was using it "relaxed" but wondered how it would be "natural"?

So, how are you using it?

It started out at $14.00, now it's much more expensive.

Aggie

Miss:
-It's A 10 Hair Mask. It felt like a $33 rinse out conditioner:mad:. Now 3 days later my hair doesn't feel moisturized at all. My usual conditioners infuse enough moisture in my hair to last up to 2 weeks if I wanted to skip a wash day. Now I feel like I need a midweek wash which I have only had to do once or twice in like years. So yeah this is going back :look: @Aggie

-Mielle Organics Avacado whatever it's called Hair Milk I put this on after washing and blow drying and the next day my hair felt just like it did before putting it on :lachen: it was only about 6 hours in between when I did my hair and waking up for work the next morning so idk where that moisture went :lol:

So yeah. I have $45 worth of returns and I'm kinda excited :look:
:thankyou: so much for that review @SuchaLady.:urock: That one sure saved me. Returns are not easy for us here in the islands because the fees are wayyyy more than the cost of the initial price of the products we buy online. So I have to make sure the products are going to have some kind of hope for my hair:yep:

Aggie

@Aggie
Uh...No...I didn't rave about this product.:nono: ......:look: (Sorry, wasn't me)

It was basically a MISS for me because I didn't know how to use it or what it was suppose to do?:ohwell:

@IDareT'sHair

Oh my bad! I first saw it when you posted about purchasing it and I think you said wanted more but the price had gone up too high I believe. Also I forgot to mention, it was raved about on YT as well.

I use it as a sealant and as a body oil along my decollete, neck and boobs :grin: I really :love: the smell of it a lot and when I used it as a sealant over the SSI Marula Hemp Hair Cream, it just stayed moist for a long time. I can't use it as a prepoo, it's wayyy too expensive for that.

I wonder if I stretch it with another oil if it would still smell and feel as good :rolleyes:.

By the way, did you finish using it?

MilkChocolateOne

@Aggie

I am not Aggie but I use it as a prepoo. It works really well.