July 2017: Hits & Misses

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
First Impression:
Cantu ACV Root Rinse

Good:
I applied it on about an hour before I decided to wash. I didn't use a lot and it felt nice and cool on. It felt good the entire time it was on. After washing, I didn't really notice much of a difference but after washing, but I noticed when I put conditioner, I had no itching. My scalp felt very clean and my roots look and feel really good. Normally, conditioner makes my scalp itch for a few hours. Even now, a day later, my scalp has never felt like this. It just feels completely clean. I washed with my Camille Rose Ginger Rinse.

I like the fact that the bottle already has the nozzle for application. That's an extreme plus.

Not a Dealbreaker:
Smell is nice but it's still vinegar; you smell it but it's very faint.
You don't need a lot.

Bad:
It's liquid. Like, liquid. Like, water liquid. So you don't need more than a few drops. If you apply it like komaza, it's going to drip everywhere. Just apply a little and let it spread, then apply where you think it's needed.

The hole in the tip is too big :look: which is why you have to be careful with application.

I don't remember if there was time limit in the directions but 10 minutes should suffice. With komaza, 15 minutes is ok but 2 hours is better. With this, 1 hour was too much. My scalp is too clean so when I do itch, it's just because my scalp is too clean. The itching is irritation is areas I scrubbed too hard. So, you don't need to go ham on your scalp. I love to get in there but this product won't let me.

As a semi-DIYer, it's a good buy, but I could make this myself.

I'm going to use it a few more times to determine if I want to be a pj for the culture.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm going to use it a few more times to determine if I want to be a pj for the culture.
@Saludable84
*Cackles at da' Culture*:sekret: They all are Water/Liquid-y (Hairveda, KBN, C&C Kombucha).

The only one I tried that was "creamy" - as an ACV Rinse was BRB's.

I think I have BRB Coconut Milk still one in my Stash. She had a Red Wine & Resveratrol.

I also noticed TMN has a 'new' ACV Rinse.

ms.blue

Initial hit:
The revlon salon one step hair dryer and styler.
Pros:
-Packaging was really light. I thought that the blowdryer was missing.
-Large paddle designed that glide through my hair with ease.
-Straightest blow out with minimum work.
-The different heat selection are at the bottom away from accidentally changing.
-The low selection still produced enough heat (the hot selection is too hot for my liking)
Cons:
-The cool selection is still warm and there is no cool shot button/selection
-Kinda hard to get to the roots. I still have figure out how to master the blowdryer.

Overall I would give this blowdryer 9 out of 10. Initially thought this blowdryer wouldn't work on my hair since I felt it would break my hair but I actually lost way less hair using this blowdryer than my regular blowdryer with the large pick attachment.
@YvetteWithJoy

Forgotten Hit:
-Chi silk infusion
I haven't used this product since they changed the ingredients yrs ago. I bought a sample size from the bss to use on my wigs. Yesterday I decided to blowdry my hair and I just grabbed this product to use as my heat protectant. It still a good product despite the ingredients change.

ms.blue

@ms.blue, is the dryer difficult to use at all? Right now I dry my hair against a denman brush and I'm wondering if this could replace that. I'm fairly tool-challenged.
It's so easy to use. I suck at blowdrying my hair with a brush so I tend to use the pic attachment. My opinion, this blowdryer give the same results as using a brush with a blowdryer. BTW: I bought the blowdryer from Amazon which had it cheaper than Ulta and Target.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
It's so easy to use. I suck at blowdrying my hair with a brush so I tend to use the pic attachment. My opinion, this blowdryer give the same results as using a brush with a blowdryer. BTW: I bought the blowdryer from Amazon which had it cheaper than Ulta and Target.
I'm sold, lol. Thank you!

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Aw, mannnnnn!

Now I feel like I need to purchase this again and this time KEEP it: It tried a spoolie set on wet hair. :nono: I feel like if I did it on blow dried hair, it would be AWESOME!

My concern is that several reviews say the bristles bend relatively quickly (after a few months of frequent use, for example).

* decisions, decisions *

ms.blue

Aw, mannnnnn!

Now I feel like I need to purchase this again and this time KEEP it: It tried a spoolie set on wet hair. :nono: I feel like if I did it on blow dried hair, it would be AWESOME!

My concern is that several reviews say the bristles bend relatively quickly (after a few months of frequent use, for example).

* decisions, decisions *
I read that too but I don't plan on blowdrying frequently and I definitely won't use it on the high setting (too hot for my liking).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits (in no particular order):
Cantu Root Rinse
Keravada Hydromax Cleansing Conditioner
BoBeam's DC'ers
Naturelle Grow's CS (was sent the rong item. She mailed the correct item out - told me to keep the wrong item)
Claudie's CS: (requested to supersize an existing order from 8oz to 16oz w/no issues)

Hit & Miss:
HIT: Texture Me Natural: Overall Good Quality Handmade Natural Products, Nice Sizes and Great Sales
MISS: Texture Me Natural: Lack of Quality Customer Service

KinkyRN

Hit: Finding the right combo to keep my hair moisturized for 5 days. Also, realizing my hair can't go that long because the tangles and knots are horrible,.
Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor. Finally a product that does what it says. I was side eyeing it because of the price and it's in a tube. I would buy it again but will keep an eye out for it at TJ Maxx

Miss: The heat and humidity in N.C. along with hot flashes!! I don't think I'm gonna make it y'all!!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hit: Finding the right combo to keep my hair moisturized for 5 days. Also, realizing my hair can't go that long because the tangles and knots are horrible,.
Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor. Finally a product that does what it says. I was side eyeing it because of the price and it's in a tube. I would buy it again but will keep an eye out for it at TJ Maxx

Miss: The heat and humidity in N.C. along with hot flashes!! I don't think I'm gonna make it y'all!!

:lol: at the blue! Oh no! Hold on, sis! You GOT to make it! I hear you, though.

:clap: at the green and the purple! Yaaaaaayyyyyy!!! Hipo ladies figuring it out! :yep: :clapping:

What product combination gave you 5-day moisture?

How did your hair feel after the Joico K Pac DPR?

curlyhersheygirl

Surprising Hit: JMonique's peppermint prepoo. I normally preppy with vatika or coconut oil because those give my hair great moisture and makes detangling easier
So seeing this dense lotion made me a bit skeptical. I was pleasantly surprised that it provided the same benefits as my HG stuff once allowed to sit for awhile. I preppy overnight so it worked wonderfully.