June 2018: Hits & Misses

waff

Hits:

Redken extreme antisnap Shampoo: Smells amazing, cleaned my hair gently.
Redken extreme antisnap Conditioner: I was pleasantly surprised at how much slip this conditioner had. It's meant for "Strengthening" and it has protein so I didn't expect it to have more slip than the "all soft" conditioner. It's a keeper :)

Kindheart

Hits
Jamaican Mango Naturals conditioning mist is a great softening refresher .
Pure unrefined Shea butter .
Eden body works coconut Shea conditioner
Soultanicals Moroccan hair Milk
Honey baby hair smoothie
Creme of nature Honey mask
Cont hits :
Cantu Masque
Soultanicals knot butta
Shea Moisture jamacan Mask
Alikay Lemongrass leave in
Alikay Shea yoghurt

Misses:
Camille Rose jai butter I don’t know why but this and the curlaide make my hair crunchy I don’t know what I’m doing wrong ,it’s like my hair is nice and moisturised prior to applying this product and when it dries out it turns out very defined but hard like a gel ) .

nerdography

Hits:
Alikay Natural Lemongrass Leave-In Conditioner
Eden Bodyworks Natural Curl Defining Creme

I've been eyeing the lemongrass leave in for a while and decided to buy the 8oz bottle. My hair loves it, it even moisturized my super dry patch in the back and clumped my curls. I layer Eden on top to define my curls more. These two products work well together and I have moisturized define curls and no flakes.

Ayesha81

Hit: Redken color extend conditioner I do not have color in my hair but i read reviews that it makes you hair soft and it did just that!

Continued hit: Design essentials honey cream shampoo this is the best shampoo ever

Sally.

NEW HITS
Kindred Butters Green Tea and Babassu Conditioner:
i used this as a prepoo and omggggggg! it left my hair super soft, completely detangled, and moisturized. i used the jr ligetts shampoo bar after and my hair still felt so good. i don't know if i can afford to use this as a prepoo regularly but this thang is definitely holy grail-level. i also have the Avocado Moss DC and the Pumpkin Cream DC that i can't wait to try next.

JR Ligetts Moisturizing Formula Shampoo Bar:
i had this shampoo bar for a year because of a recommendation from someone on the forum, @YvetteWithJoy i think it was. anyway, i decided to use it today and i am so mad at myself that i didn't use it earlier. it is definitely moisturizing, has slip, and is gentle on the hair. my hair didn't feel stripped at all. i love it.

CONTINUED HITS:
Cassia Gloss:
makes my hair so much stronger. next time i am going to do a full on cassia treatment instead of the gloss.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
:down:MISS:
Camille Rose Naturals Honey Leave In: I saw good reviews for this on YouTube and bought it thinking it would elongate and moisturize my hair. This stuff made my hair feel drier and it shrank it up more than I think I’ve ever seen it. I took that mess right back to Target.

Joico KPak Intense Hydrator: This name is a lie. This stuff is intense, but it did the opposite of hydrate my hair. I’m so surprised because it got great reviews right here on LHCF. When I rinse this out of my hair it feels squeakier than it feels after my shampoo. Maybe I’ll use it up as a cowash. It was too expensive to throw out and I bought it on vacation in in Florida at Christmas time.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
HIT & MISS:

HIT: The Scent of Liquid Gold's Blueberry Hair Smoothie:love:....:drool:

MISS:
Performance as a DC'er:nono: Tried it w/Steam it was like I put nothing on my Hair.

HIT:
Performance as a Pre-Poo *worked better for me as a Pre-Poo Treatment than as a DC'er. Would repurchase just for the scent or if I wanted/needed a Pre-Poo.:look:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Mega hit:
Starting wash and style day at 7:30 PM and concluding at 8:58 PM!!! Yayyyyyyyyy!​

Mega hit:
Detangling in the shower with the Denman D4 brush and Jane Carter Weightless Leave-in.​

This went so quickly with so little hair loss. I shampooed twice, detangled, and showered and STILL HAD WARM WATER. :yahoo:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
NEW HITS
Kindred Butters Green Tea and Babassu Conditioner:
i used this as a prepoo and omggggggg! it left my hair super soft, completely detangled, and moisturized. i used the jr ligetts shampoo bar after and my hair still felt so good. i don't know if i can afford to use this as a prepoo regularly but this thang is definitely holy grail-level. i also have the Avocado Moss DC and the Pumpkin Cream DC that i can't wait to try next.

JR Ligetts Moisturizing Formula Shampoo Bar:
i had this shampoo bar for a year because of a recommendation from someone on the forum, @YvetteWithJoy i think it was. anyway, i decided to use it today and i am so mad at myself that i didn't use it earlier. it is definitely moisturizing, has slip, and is gentle on the hair. my hair didn't feel stripped at all. i love it.

CONTINUED HITS:
Cassia Gloss:
makes my hair so much stronger. next time i am going to do a full on cassia treatment instead of the gloss.

Mayunnnnnn. Off to Kindred Butters.

BeautifulRoots

Hit: Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz. I used it for a braidout on flat ironed hair and it worked really well. My hair had a nice touchable hold. First time trying that product. I was looking for a natural spritz or wrap lotion but couldn't find one. Figured I would try kinky curly spiral spritz since I use their other products and it worked really well. Will have to do more experiments with it.

Kindheart

:down:MISS:
Camille Rose Naturals Honey Leave In: I saw good reviews for this on YouTube and bought it thinking it would elongate and moisturize my hair. This stuff made my hair feel drier and it shrank it up more than I think I’ve ever seen it. I took that mess right back to Target.

Joico KPak Intense Hydrator: This name is a lie. This stuff is intense, but it did the opposite of hydrate my hair. I’m so surprised because it got great reviews right here on LHCF. When I rinse this out of my hair it feels squeakier than it feels after my shampoo. Maybe I’ll use it up as a cowash. It was too expensive to throw out and I bought it on vacation in in Florida at Christmas time.
So far I haven’t found a styler /moisturizer by CR that doesn’t make my hair dry

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Initial impressions

Urbanbella Non Lather Cleanser 4 oz sample:
I can't say how cleansing it is, because I used it on already cleansed hair. Otherwise, this product felt really high quality, smelled delicious, and left my hair feeling nicely moisturized. This product has a good amount of slip. I could probably detangle with it. I felt slightly tingly, in a good way. I probably will never repurchase this (shipping is high and slow).

Urbanbella Hydrating Conditioner 4 oz sample:
This product felt really high quality. It smelled delicious. It left my hair very moisturized and smoothed. I detangled with it just fine. The slip was good. I will not repurchase because the shipping is high and slow, and I can get something just as good and less expensive on the ground.

Urbanbella Cre'Gel (styler) 4 oz sample:
This was the whole reason I invested in the brand/line. This product gave me great first-day hair. My hair was less bulky than usual when it air dried with just this product in it alone. By day 2, my hair looked like it didn't have any gel in it. Instead of nice coils, I had zig-zaggy, not-so-great looking hair. Also, it smelled good in the bottle but by the time it dried, the smell bothered me. However, I'm funny about smells, so it might be fine for everyone else. I will not re-use.​

I still have 3 other product samples from the line to trial: (1) the butter, (2) the Tamu Curls leave-in moisturizer, and (3) the cream moisturizer. All three smell YUMMY.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Miss: Ouidad Advanced Climate Control line.

I used the shampoo, conditioner and gel and my hair felt dry. The conditioner and gel have wheat protein which my hair doesn't always agree with so I assume that was the issue. I will use the conditioner and gel on separate days with other non-wheat protein products before considering them a forever miss.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
Miss:
Marshmallow leaf as a slippy tea rinse - no go, doesn't provide any slip to my hair :nono:

Hit:
Mixing Slippery Elm Root with the marshmallow for slip. A wonderful combination as a detangler.

How do you mix the slippery elm and marshmallow? Is this a DYI mix?