Just wanted to share something funny...

NuMe2004

Today I was at the gym and in the process of applying ORS + coconut oil (the hard kind from Pro Line, in the jar) to my freshly washed curls when an older Ethiopian woman asked me how I got my hair so curly. I told her it was natural and then she asked me about ORS. I told her I thought it was a good moisturizing product 'cause my hair tends to get really dry...

Well, a white woman overheard us talking and butted in saying, "I heard something about moisturizer. My hair gets really dry too." Then she picked up the bottle and saw that it was from Sally's. She then said, "Oh, lotion for the hair? I've got to go to Sally's and pick some up."

As soon as she walked around the corner, the Ethiopian woman said, "I don't think it'll work for her." I wanted to crack up! However, there are a lot of non-black folks with dry hair. Do you think any of our products would work for them without making their hair ridiculously greasy?

newflowers

I'm sure it would work. Remember Vitapointe and VO5 - those products were marketed to white and black women. Ojon is marketed to white and black women as well. I think it would depend on how much of the product is used.

cicilypayne

Girl you would be suprise I see non blacks in the black hair care section in all stores. White latinas and Caucasians in PUBLIX Walgreens CVS Wal Mart its like so common now I don't even do a double take. Its funny because I'm in trade secrets and Regis buying there stuff:lol: :lol:

BillyJay

I have turned alot of my white customers on to co washing and oil/shikakai baths. Thier hair has made a huge turnaround. They have to wash more often because thier hair is more greasy but there is a way to introduce moisture.

Im not to sure about commercial products because I tend to stay away from them.

Jenai

My cousin-in-law (white) swears by Allways Natural Indian Hemp Conditioning Hairdress. Her scalp and hair tend to get dry. She usually applies it to her scalp and ends the night before a wash day then washes it out in the morning (she washes her hair every 1-2 days). Her hair is between BSL and WL and heathly-looking but not greasy.

Tee

My white SIL turned me on to Wonder 8 Oil. She swears by it.

*but I had to giggle at your story OP.*

tnorenberg

What? Have you not checked out the other hair forums? White women use the same oils, butters, and conditioners we do. They even have the same gripes and pet peeves we do about products.