Keep it simple Challenge 2009

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Things still going well. I really like routines so sticking to my regi is quite easy for me.

luvmesumhair

Still Keeping it Simple!

Every 2 wks I:

~DC on dry hair for 30 min
~Wash with WEN CC (Sometimes I keep that on for 20 min w/heat)
~Rollerset
~Bun

I may up my wash and DC to either every wk or 2x a wk after seeing Asummertyme's progress! :grin:

caramelma

I knew u had 2 be from alabama 2 know about that ULI leave in conditioner IT IS THE BOMB! I love ULI products

Last edited:

darlingdiva

I'm in.

I think keeping it simple is best for me. In fact, I started my own personal keeping it simple challenge/do what's best for me and my hair challenge yesterday (yesterday was so not a good hair day for me).

The Rules I've Devised Are:

1. Less Is More
2. Listen To Your Hair
3. Acknowledge That You Have Fine Hair--And It Is As Fine As You Think It Is
4. Stop Trimming
5. Care For Your Edges

I realize that my hair responded better when I pre-pooed, pooed, conditioned w/ a rinse-out conditioner on a weekly basis and deep-conditioned on a monthly basis.

My Products & Regimen
Pre-Shampoo: Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment in warmer Weather & Castor Oil in colder weather

Shampoo: V05 Kiwi Lime for clarifying, Fantasia IC Tea Tree Naturals when I'm in braids, and Earthly Delight Herbal Shampoo as my regular shampoo

Conditioner: Still pending. I've been using Herbal Essences Rainforest Flowers For Fine and Limp Hair, but I bought the KBB deep conditioner & I want to see how that works.

Deep Conditioner: Right now, it's mayonnaise. I bought the KBB Luscious Locks hair mask & I have to see how that works. I already used it after Aphogee, but I want to see how it works on its own.

Moisturizer: Jane Carter Hair Nourishing Cream

Leave-In: CD Black Vanilla Leave-In

Oils: Castor oil for my ends, and coconut oil mixed with castor oil, honey and water for my summer spray mixture

Drying Method: I mostly airdry. Occasionally, I use my soft bonnet ionic dryer on the cool setting.

Regular Hairstyle: Twist-out

Protective Style: Wig

Other: KBB Hair Growth Serum for my edges

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am still keeping it simple. Washing and CW 1x/wk feeling good, getting my hair ready for this relaxer.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
^^That is great progress!

I am working on simplifying my routine even more. I feel as if I am manipulating my hair too much so working on it.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Once I finish shopping my stash I will making my regimen more simple seriously. I have spent lots of money buying stuff, I think imma start using DE products on my hair. It may take me a while to finish up my stuff though.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
In between this challenge and "Get Your Hands Outta Your Hair" challenge I know my hair is thanking me.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Today was hair wash day
-I washed with Aphogee for Damage Hair poo
-Conditioned with 2 min Aphogee
-DC with Pantene R&N Breakage Defense
......my regimen will be mix and matches until I finish shopping my stash and getting this stuff out of the way.

darlingdiva

Just an update on the "pending conditioner" situation:

On Sunday, I washed w/ V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Shampoo. Then I conditioned w/ KBB Deep Conditioner in the honey oatmeal scent, which smells wonderful. Then I applied CD Black Vanilla Leave In & JC Hair Nourishing Cream. Then I twisted my hair and curled it w/ perm rods.

I took my hair down on Sunday & it was soft, but strong, and shiny. I think some of the shine may have come from my final rinse with cold water. I suspect that I have hard water, so I've been boiling water & putting it in empty seltzer water bottles. I have enough bottles filled up to do an entire wash, so I'm going to see if that makes a difference the next time that I wash.

I don't want to get ultra-excited, but I *think* I've found my conditioner.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Today is hair wash day
-I clarified with Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo
-I washed with CON Green
-DC with some left over stuff from last week and added some LeKair Cholesterol Plus and some EVCO.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Today is hair wash day
-I washed with Aphogee Poo
-DC with some left over stuff from last week and added the rest of the KeraCare, 1/3 jar of Pantene R&N Breakage Defense Mask, and 3 tsp of Raw Shea Butter Oil

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I don't know how simple I'm keeping it because I've been trying out new products and adding them to my rotation. I'm still not done either. I got some on the way and there is more I want to buy.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Today is hair wash day
-I clarified with Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo
-I washed with CON Green
-DC ORS Pack.

PaleoChick

Decided to simplify my regimen.

1. Shampoo: Diluted Dr. Bronner soap (peppermint/tea tree)+ACV+baking soda mixed into pump bottle and sprayed on scalp only
  2. Deep conditioner: AO HSR + two egg yolks (my hair is thicker than it was, just not as long); leave in until it dries
  3. Rinse for deep conditioner: Beer
  4. Conditioner wash: VO5 Moisture Milk or TJ Nourish
  5. Leave in moisturizer: QB AOHC + QB OHHB when braided up under wig
  6. Leave in with no braids: QB OHHB + QB HBTG
  7. Seal: well, the QB OHHB
That's it. No more new stuff. No more bandwagons.

Shampoo once a week; DC twice a week; co-wash three times a week; wet hair in shower daily just a touch; squeeze with T shirt and use a little leave in mix and wig it up (fall/winter).

I will co-wash in spring and summer daily.