Keep It Simple Challenge 2011

MissMusic

The long haired ladies seem to have a simple regimen that they stick to, so lets put the KISS thing to the test. Join me in keeping things simple to achieve length success. This first 3 months of this challenge will just be the beginning and the second 4 month challenge will add one or two rules to make things even simpler as the year ends.

There are three levels to this first 3 month challenge, you can either KEEP IT MODERATELY SIMPLE, KEEP IT SIMPLE or KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE.

MODERATELY SIMPLE
You MUST co-wash your hair at least 3 times a week
You MAY NOT use more than 8 Products in your entire regimen

SIMPLE
You MAY NOT use more than 8 products in your entire regimen
You MAY NOT wash your hair more than twice a week.

SUPER SIMPLE
You MAY NOT use more than 6 products in your regimen
You MAY NOT wash your hair more than once a week

Everyone gets ONE product pass to try a new product.

Challenge begins today June 1 and ends August 31

Who wants to join me?

I __________ will (KEEP IT MODERATELY SIMPLE/KEEP IT SIMPLE/KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will ________ to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
(7.)
(8.)

Regimen:

Post a starting pic

CHALLENGERS:

MODERATELY SIMPLE
AlliCat
DayDreamist
Anne26
iri9109

KEEPIN IT SIMPLE:
Missmusic
silenttulip
Brownchiq
MsLi@512
TeeSGee
PinkyPromise
TraciChanel
Chelleypie810
Levette
Rotasaruai
myhair84

KEEPIN IT SUPER SIMPLE:
An_gell
davisbr88
Itjanei
Iluvsmuhgrass
Ravengirl
augiemoment
OsnappCnapp!
Wanji
Glamazon386
nyreeroberts1

Last edited:

MissMusic

I ____Missmusic_____ will KEEP IT SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will ___run an extra 3 miles__ to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
2. ORS Replenishing Conditioner
3. Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor
4. Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier
5. Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer
6. Hemp seed oil
7. Grape seed oil
8. Wheat Germ Oil

Regimen:
Shampoo and DC once a week
Co-wash once a week as necessary
Moisturize daily

Starting pic in my Avatar

TeeSGee

I ____TeeSGee______ will (KEEP IT SIMPLE/KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will ____use no heat for a month____ to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1.Elasta QP Creme Conditoning Shampoo
2.Kenra MC
3.Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
4.Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
5.AOGPB
6. Dudley PCA Moisture Retainer
(7.)Nioxin Thermal Bliss
(8.)Argan Oil

Regimen: Shampoo and DC 1x/wk alternate Protein & Moisture
Cowash when my hair feels dry
Moisturize and Seal when My hair feels dry/every other day

Starting Pic.. sorry its dark..:ohwell:

GEDC0839.jpg

Last edited:

An_gell

I wanna join!! I will come back and post every thing when I get off work later on today.

davisbr88

I __davisbr88__ will (KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will _walk an extra 4 miles_ to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. Donna Marie Superlatherlicious Shampoo
2. Aussie Hair Insurance
3. V05
4. Scalp mix

Regimen:
I am going to keep my hair in Senegalese twists starting June 12 until the end of the challenge.
I will wash my scalp every 2 weeks with shampoo, condition with V05 conditioner. Once dry, I will spray the twists with Aussie Hair Insurance and apply my scalp mix. I will spray my twists every other day and apply the scalp mix on the alternating days.

Post a starting pic

ETA: Excuse the bum face. I'm really tired.

Last edited:

faithVA

ooh nice challenge. I will join for round II. I'm in the use up your stash challenge so have to switch up my products when they run out. But I should be ready by the time round II comes up.

Good luck ladies.

Ijanei

I will be back to add myself to the list. About that starting picture though...umm gonna have to wait til July 1st (HYH challenge) or I can post an old pic (from cut in march) and change it later to updated pic of today, if you don't mind.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i dont think i can do it.depending on what i do to my hair i use diffrent products so i end up having more than 8 all together:ohwell:

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm in :yep:

I Iluvsmuhgrass will (KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will refrain from eating chocolate (my one weakness) to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. Castor/coconut oil
2. Conditioners (HELTR, Phyto Karite, Silk Elements Olive Oil DC, HECMH) I count this as one because I alternate depending on what my grass needs.
3. HELTR Leave-in
4. IC Fantasia Olive Oil Gel
5. QB AOHC
6. QB tea tree pomade

Regimen:
- Air-dry in twists, pigtails, or gelled into a ponytail preparation for a phony pony as a weekly protective style.

- Co-washing about twice a week (or washing as needed)

- Wigging it or ponying up as my protective styles.

CurlsBazillion

SMH my reggie is simple as well except I cowash daily and I'm not giving that up anytime soon. Guess i'll watch from the side lines :grin:

MissMusic

SMH my reggie is simple as well except I cowash daily and I'm not giving that up anytime soon. Guess i'll watch from the side lines :grin:

U know, that does work for many and it is simple. Let me sleep on it and tomorrow I will figure out how to add that kind of simplicity to the challenge

MsLi@512

I'm in!
I _LiLi_________ will (KEEP IT SIMPLE/KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will not eat carbs of any kind_______ to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1.Aubrey Organics- HSR Conditioner
2.Vatika -Deep Conditioner(purple Top)
3.Olive Oil
4.Giovanni's Direct Leave-In
5.Roux Shampoo
6.Coconut oil
(7.)Aubrey Organic GPB
(8.)Vegetable glycerin

Regimen:Hair in braids for 8 weeks at a time (in braids now). Wash with diluted Roux shampoo, d/c in diluted Vatika deep and vegetable glycerin, rinse, apply oils 2x week with plastic cap. Keep braids in up bun and always sleep in satin braid bonnet. Take down after 8 weeks and leave out for two weeks, D/C weekly alternating Vatika with AO GPB, roller set and put in bun. M/s with GD and oils daily. No combing except on wash day-weekly. Put braids back in after 2-3 weeks and start over again. Will not texlax again until October. Making a 6 month stretch
(trying to figure out how to put pics in- sorry a little slow)

Last edited:

SuchaLady

I will definitely join! Lately I have been shampooing/DC'ing and rodding my hair and leaving it the heck alone until wash day again. All I have ever done is Wash/DC weekly anyway though. My issue is Im currently revising my regimen;same structure different products. Can I still join pretty please?

AlliCat

I AlliCat will KEEP IT MODERATELY SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will not buy any products for one month to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. HE Color Me Happy Shampoo
2. HE Color Me Happy Conditioner
3. Growth aid
4. Homemade moisture spritz

Regimen:
1) Co-wash as needed
2) Growth aid after each wash to damp scalp
3) Shampoo on the weekend or as needed
4) Daily: Spray on moisture spritz and take vitamins
5) Baggy on non-wash nights

@MissMusic that would be great if the rules could allow more frequent co-washing...maybe instead have a maximum # of regimen steps?

Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I'm in!
I _Ravengirl_ will KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will _not buy any hair products for a month_ to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. SHAMPOO: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Shampoo (sulfate-free)
2. CONDITIONER: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner
3. DEEP CONDITIONER: Mizani Kerafuse (protein)
4. DEEP CONDITIONER: Hydrafuse (moisture)
5. LEAVE-IN: Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Split End Protector
6. OIL/SEALANT: coconut oil mix

Regimen:
Pre-treatment with coconut oil the night before wash.
Shampoo, condition, and detangle once a week.
Deep condition every week or other week.
Braid or twist hair while damp after wash to stretch hair.
Moisturize with water and oil when needed in-between washes (usually every three days.)
Wear wigs when out of the house.

Last edited:

Brownchiq

I BROWNCHIQ will (KEEP IT SIMPLE/KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will ________ to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. Redken Extreme Conditioner
2. Beautiful curls leave in conditioner
3.JOhn Frieda Glaze
4. Baby oil Gel
5.Keracare dry itchy scalp shampoo
6. Keracare first lather shampoo
(7.) Some cheapy conditioner for my CWs
(8.)

Regimen:
Wash, condition, leave in, apply baby oil gel to edges and air dry and go!

Post a starting pic:

Last edited:

silenttullip

I will KEEP IT SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will not buy any exercise equipment or accessories for 2 mths to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. BWC Rosemary Mint Shampoo
2. BWC Moisture Plus Shampoo
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
4. EVoo
5. Vo5 Conditioner
6. Whipped Shea butter
7. Lavendar Oil (does that qualify as a product if I only use a few drops in 3 mths?
8. Long Aid Gel

Regimen:
Hot oil or dc 1x week BEFORE cleansing
Low Poo 1x week
ACV after every wash of any kind
Cowash when or if hair feels dry or after workout
Moisturize & Seal 3x week
Mist hair when lacks moisture
lock moisture with gel if necessary
Style 2strand twists or individual braids with kanakelon hair
Still follow same regimen

Last edited:

augiemoment

I augiemoment will (KEEP IT SIMPLE/KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will chop off two inches of my relaxed hair to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. Queen Helen cholesterol
2. motions moisturizing shampoo
3. aphogee re constructor
4. vo5 split end conditioner
5. motions oil moisturizer
6. 911 leave in conditioner
(7.)
(8.)

Regimen: detangle hair, wash hair every saturday in four braids, apply aphogee reconstructor /vo5 condish and rinse out.
deep condish with queen Helen cholesterol for 20 minutes with heat, rinse out and apply 911 leave -in condish and towel dry.
air dry hair and apply motions oil moisturizer and bun up or braid up. tie with scarf when going to bed.
repeat every week.

Post a starting pic: braided up right now, will post pic later

MissMusic

I will be back to add myself to the list. About that starting picture though...umm gonna have to wait til July 1st (HYH challenge) or I can post an old pic (from cut in march) and change it later to updated pic of today, if you don't mind.

Add the picture later, Thanks for joining!

MissMusic

I will definitely join! Lately I have been shampooing/DC'ing and rodding my hair and leaving it the heck alone until wash day again. All I have ever done is Wash/DC weekly anyway though. My issue is Im currently revising my regimen;same structure different products. Can I still join pretty please?

I call that Keepin It Simple, washing once a week, so join if you please!!!

PinkyPromise

I PinkyPromise will KEEP IT SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will FAST for 3 days to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. Cantu Shea Butter Conditioning Leave In
2. Daily Silk Conditioner
3. Coconut Oil to seal
(7.)
(8.)

Regimen: Cowash with Daily Silk, detangle with cantu shea, seal with coconut oil and bun. My protective style for the summer will be braids, buns, and twists. While in braids I'll Cowash and grease my scalp with coconut oil.

This is like 6 months post. I'm transitioning, can anyone tell my texture? I have like 3 inches of ng.

IslandDiva08

I _IslandDiva08_ will (KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) for the next three months, I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will refrain from buying any type of hair products for 3 months to punish myself and to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:-
1. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Shampoo
2. Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner
3. Homemade leave in
4. Homemade Shea butter Mixture
5. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold and Shine
6. Oil Mixture

Regimen:-
Prewash treatment using my homemade Ayurvedic oil mixture
Shampoo and DC once a Week
Co-wash once per week (I have a really flaky scalp so I am reserving at least one co-wash per week:yep::yep:)
Moisturize and seal as needed

Last edited:

CurlsBazillion

I DayDreamist will (KEEP IT MODERATELY SIMPLE/KEEP IT SIMPLE/KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will do 50 more situps per day for 3days to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1.Aussie Moist Conditioner
2.SSI Marshmallow Herbal Cream
3.ORS Replenishing Conditioner
4.GF Leave in
5.GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner
6.Suave daily clarify
(7.)Optimum Anti Breakage shampoo
(8.)various butters/oils for pre poo, oil rinses, sealing

Regimen:
-Cowash at least 5 days a week
-M&S daily
-Shampoo & DC (for at least an hour) weekly
-Egg mask biweekly(left on at least 2hours)
-Clarify monthly, oil rinse w/ sunflower oil then overnight DC

After all washes my hair is put in a "roll, tuck, pin" or 2 cornrows (rare)

Post a starting pic

Last edited: