Keep It Simple Challenge 2011

Anne26

panda
Well, if I may. :sekret:

I really wanted to cut down on products (stop experimenting).

Products:
1. Kanechomn Jaborandi Deep Treatment (no protein or cones for co-washing, cheap and light)
2. L'oreal Colorvive leave-in conditioner for dyed hair (has protein and water soluble cones)
3. Cocoa butter and olive oil mix
4. Castor oil (only scalp for faster growth)

Routine:
I live in Brazil and it's always hot in here, that's why I choose to wet my head often, usually everyday. I might be able to stretch a day now in winter. I think I'm pretty simple, co-wash, apply leave-in and bun. After dry I apply my cocoa butter and olive oil mix on the length, and some castor oil on the scalp (but not always).

I'll take a pic later (it's 2 am here now). I have no idea for a punishment. Is that really necessary? :look::lol:

ETA: Sorry, it's my first challenge!

I, Anne26, will KEEP IT MODERATELY SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will not wash my hair for a week to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

I know my punishment doesn't seem enough, but believe me, it is where I live! :yep: My hair is dripping in sebum on day 2 now. :blush:

Last edited:

iri9109

I, iri9109 will keep it SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will not buy nor look at clothes, shoes, bags or hair products for 2 weeks to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

products:

1. shampoo (renpure organics red bottle for now, CON next)
2. daily conditioners (i have alot to go through so i wont name them)
3. shea moisture deep treatment masque (moisturizer/styler)
4.ecostyler/kccc
5.shea moisture curl milk
6. aloe vera juice spritz
7. castor oil
8. deep conditioner (aubrey organics or aussie)

once most of my stash is gone, my products will be

1. shampoo (probably CON )
2. daily condish
3. deep condish
4. aloe vera spritz
5. castor/coconut/olive oil
6. kccc/ecostyler
7. oyin burnt sugar pomade
8. *wild card*

regimen: wash once a week w/ low/no sulfate poo, DC weekly overnight, rinse/condition 2x a week, moisturize before bed, bun daily...keep hair stretched at night via twisted bun or twists...sleep w/ satin scarf and pillowcase...no heat till november

Last edited:

An_gell

I An_gell will KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will run everyday for 2 weeks to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. To Clarifiy HV Amala Shampoo
2. Co-wash BF Marshmallow Cleansing Condish or AO White Camellia
3. Herbal Hair Mist
4. Qhemet's burdock root cream
5. HV Cocosta Oil
6. Sulfur mix

Regimen:
- Co-wash with oil rinse Wednesdays (I will only do cowash on Wed if needed) and shampoo/steam/DC and any other hair treatments on Saturday.
- Finger comb and finger detangle after wash days. Thorough detangle every two weeks.
- Moisturize and seal twice daily, using qhemet/herbal mist and BM to seal in moisture.
- Protective style all day everyday with buns, french braids, or phoney ponie.
- Apply growth mix every other day.

Starting pic:

Attachments

• Apr 11 010.jpg
    Apr 11 010.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

silenttullip

Don't know how often we're going to check in but here goes... I stuck to it, prepooed with acv, bwc rosemary low poo, acv rinse and for some reason scalp was still not as clean as I'd like so I did another lather but this time with bwc moisture and added a few drops of oil. After rinsing I used my lavendar water, evoo, and vo5 free me freesia mix that I love. I followed with a little evoo and whipped shea butter to seal and braided to air dry.
Clean scalp and surprisingly still moisturized hair. I did more acv and low pooing than usual but I did make it from Mon-Sat without a wash and for my scalp that's an accomplishment. So I think I'll be alright but I was tempted to use other products I have I just reminded myself of how much I like my fitness stuff lol and quickly changed my mind

TraciChanel

Joining! Here's my info:

I TraciChanel will KEEP IT SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will stay off LHCF for 7 days :blush: to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. Jason’s Naturals jojoba conditioner
2. Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner
3. Sulfur mix on scalp (homemade)
4. Grapeseed oil
5. Jamaican Black Castor Oil
6. Brahmi Amla Oil
7. Infusium 23 leave-in

Regimen:
1. Co-wash once a week w/ Jason’s Naturals jojoba conditioner
2. Deep condition once a week w/ AO HSR
3. Put Infusium 23 leave-in after co-wash
4. Seal my hair (after co-wash) w/ JBCO or grapeseed oil
5. oil my scalp weekly w/ sulfur mix and brahmi amla oil
6. Keep hair in PS for 7-8 weeks at a time (currently on week 6)

OsnapCnapp!

I ___OsnapCnapp!_______ will KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will jog 1 mile non-stop at the heat of the day to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products: (Using up my little stash)
1. aussie moist conditioner
2. oil mix (mostly grapeseed oil)
3. shea moisture curl smoothie +aloe glycerin water mix
4. whipped shealoe + giovanni deeper moisture mix
5. (If I can get my hands on some Greg juice. if not just my reg. moisture spritz)
6. NBO vanilla tangerine shampoo.

Regimen

**Protective styling with cornrows all summer**
-Oil rinse biweekly (grapeseed oil)
-Co-wash biweekly with aussie moist (following oil rinse)
-DC with whipped shealoe + giovanni deeper moisture mix biweekly (maybe weekly, just depends)
-Moisture spritz everyday
-Seal ends with oil mix and whipped shea or oil mix and shea moisture curl smoothie mix everyday after moisture spritz
-Daily scalp massages plus oil mix (and hairline treatment with hairdrenalin---extra but much needed)
-Wash once a month with NBO (sounds gross but I am committed to MeekaJael's GHE summer challenge)

Last edited:

MissMusic

Don't know how often we're going to check in but here goes... I stuck to it, prepooed with acv, bwc rosemary low poo, acv rinse and for some reason scalp was still not as clean as I'd like so I did another lather but this time with bwc moisture and added a few drops of oil. After rinsing I used my lavendar water, evoo, and vo5 free me freesia mix that I love. I followed with a little evoo and whipped shea butter to seal and braided to air dry.
Clean scalp and surprisingly still moisturized hair. I did more acv and low pooing than usual but I did make it from Mon-Sat without a wash and for my scalp that's an accomplishment. So I think I'll be alright but I was tempted to use other products I have I just reminded myself of how much I like my fitness stuff lol and quickly changed my mind

Hahaha! Feel challenged? I understand cause I love my fitness stuff as well!

davisbr88

I got my Senegalese twists put in early so I am starting with my regi! I pared it down even further to 4 products and washing bimonthly (every 2 weeks) instead of every week. I am going to follow the regi I used while transitioning when I had twists. I had great results then. I really think there's something to being simple.

Last edited:

30something

I 20something will (KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will fast for a week and go running and banned my self from watching any YouTube for a week.

Products:
1. AO HSR
2. CHI Silk infusion
3. CON detangling poo
4. KBB butter love
5. Garnier fructis shine & shine leave in
6. Growth serum
(7.)
(8.)

Regimen:
This is currently my regimen, no exclusions
Shampoo every 7-14 with CON shampoo
Deep condition for at least 30 mins
Blow dry and flat iron with Garnier shine and sleek and silk infusion
Moisture with KBB

This is right on time you don't know how much I been thinking of derailing my regimen because I want to try out something new that I already know that it won't work yet/ever work for me. I know what is working so I need to stick with it.

An_gell

OMG! My head itches so bad I'm sittin at my desk at work scratchin it wit one of my bobby pins, imma have to wash tonight. lol! I might be switchin to the simple reggie cuz sometimes especially lately I been havin to wash at least twice a week to avoid the overly dry hair and itchy scalp. So I'm goin to wash tonight and see if I can stretch to the end of the week. I been going hard with my growth aides so that could be why too.

OsnapCnapp!

MissMusic

I will have to officially start this challenge at a later time. Im usually very low maintenance but right now I am having some issues and I do not know how to deal with them. First off today I decided to do a DC so I did an oil rinse first. Then I got the genius idea to mix some products to make a DC:

-aussie moist
-con moisture extreme conditioner
-shealoe
-coconut oil
-molasses

When I rinsed it out, my ends felt hard n crunchy and the length of my hair felt like I just put a relaxer on it. It was strange. I soaked it in moisture spritz my ends were still hard. Put moisture cream on it and soaked the ends and the ends falling to the ground. Im falling to pieces over here......

OsnapCnapp!

Coconut oil always makes my hair crunchy.

Seriously? I had a feeling that's what it was! That and the molasses and Im so through with that, no more of that. I also think Im low porosity and coconut oil can wreck havoc on high porosity hair. Damn it, and I was excited about using coconut oil again :nono:. Going back to castor oil.

Last edited:

NewHairWOWeave

I am sooo in . I will post my pledge and products tonight

I NEW HAIR will KEEP IT SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will GO TO THE GYM 2x A WEEK FOR THE REST OF THE CHALLENGE to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1.VO5 SHAMPOO
2.SUAVE PROFESSIONAL CONDITIONER
3.NEXXUS HUMECTRESS HYDRATING DEEP CONDITIONER
4.ORS OLIVE OIL MOISTURIZING LOTION
5.MEGA TEK/OIL SCALP TREATMENT
6.NEXXUS THERAPY SHAMPOO
(7.)
(8.)

Last edited:

IslandDiva08

Weekly Updates 06/06/11: Nothing much to check in with....... I didn't get a chance to wash my hair last week. It was a really busy week with work and my grandfather in and out of the hospital. But I am planning on washing and DCing on Thursday or Friday Night depending on my energy level.

Update 06/07/11: Decided to wash my hair last night, washed with the shea moisture coconut and Hibiscus Shampoo and DC with Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner mixed with Honey, JB Castor Oil, Homemade Ayurvedic Oil, and Wheat protein, with a Small amount of Wheat Germ Oil. After my chunky twist was almost dry I applied my moisturizer and seal with my shea butter mixture.

Last edited:

B3e

I Wanji will KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will abstain from steak for a month to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1. Leave-In Mix (BRX, I23, Keratin)
2. Sulfur Oil Mix (Africa's Best HO + Sulfur)
3. Aphogee Shampoo
4. Suave Clarifying Shampoo
5. Tresemme Conditioner
6. LeKair Cholesterol

Regimen:
Remain in braids, repairing monthly, for whole challenge.
—Wash/DC Weekly
—Leave-In (morning) Oil Mix (evening)
—Clarify Monthly

I'm in braids but this is the last pic I took before the install. I'd like less frizzy, visibly moisturized and shiny/sheeny hair. I think that's a good goal for New Year 2012.

Last edited:

NYDiva

Um, I would like to join, but I have to look at what I'm using to see which level........be back later.

PinkyPromise

How is everyone? I washed and did Bantu knots today. It was 96 degrees in Detroit! I'll be getting braids soon because I'm not about to deal with my hair and this heat!

CurlsBazillion

Hi Ladies, I'm still cowashing 5 days a week and I'm seeing reduced shedding. I usually see alot of hair in my comb every detangling sessions compared to what I've been seeing the last 2-3 times. Or all that was just my shedding phase and now its not???
Anyway I'm still on my moderately simple regimen.

An_gell

Checking in, I think I failed this week horribly with the low manipulation but I am going to start off fresh next week.

MissMusic

Hey ladies, let's at LEAST check in once a week. Share what u do each week, even to just say I followed my regimen and share any challenges or epiphanies.

Anne26

panda
Hey ladies, let's at LEAST check in once a week. Share what u do each week, even to just say I followed my regimen and share any challenges or epiphanies.

Using the same products (of course) but my tangle teezer arrived and I'm liking it very much. :yep:

augiemoment

hi ladies
still in braids, will be taking them down to day though so I can wash my hair,
will let it rest for a week and re-braid for a month at least
as I approach my due date I really have no energy to do my hair so this challenge is really a life saver as I don't want to be touching my hair.

30something

I almost failed miserably this week with washing under a week, I just braided it up left it alone it work out so well because I left my hair alone and totally forgot why I really wanted to wash it, got a nice braid out out of it too. I know the rewetting of my hair frequently is a bad habit of mine

Next time I'll go 14 days with out rewetting my hair, and must moisturize and keep my hair braided on my off days.

chelleypie810

I chelleypie810 will (KEEP IT SIMPLE) for the next three months. I will not change my regimen, nor will I manipulate my hair excessively in this 3 month period. If I break any of these rules, I will not buy makeup/clothes/hair products to punish myself to remind myself that I have goals to reach.

Products:
1.hair one cleansing condish
2.one n only argan oil
3.jane carter nourish and shine
4.silicon mix bambu
5.mizani shine spray
6.loreal everstrong overnight treatment
(7.)lacio lacio leave in
(8.)

Regimen:
-Wash and deep condition every two weeks
-moisturize when needed with jane carter nourish and shine or one n only argan oil or loreal overnight treatment
- wrap hair or sleep with a bonnet and bun

Attachments

• IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 10

silenttullip

Check'N
Prepoo overnight EVOO
Poo - BWC RM
Condition / Rinse - ACV
Moisturize & Seal - EVOO & Long Aid Gel

I honestly did slip up a few days ago by grabbed la looks sport instead of long aid so no workout stuff for me :(

An_gell

Checking in, I am starting this week out fresh on a clean slate with my KISS challenge. Friday I steamed with HV deep conditioner for 20 mins, and shampooed with my medicated shampoo, and co-washed it out with V05 Volumizing conditioner with Avosoya added to it. I finger detangled the following day and moisturized with qhemets BBRC and sealed with nature's blessing grease. I hope to bun for the rest of the week, but I my switch to clips cuz my nape is getting so thick.

davisbr88

I'm about to pretty much completely change my regimen because I am moving to a new climate soon and won't be wearing my twists much longer, so I'll be walking that 4 miles this weekend. Lol.
Once I finalize it, I'll be back with the deets. I'm still planning to keep it simple, but I'll be using more than 4 products.

1) Donna Marie Superlatherlicious Shampoo
2) Aussie Moist Conditioner
3) Lustrasilk Cholesterol
4) Jamila Henna
5) V05
6) Aussie Hair Insurance
7) Scalp mix (includes MegaTek)

MissMusic

Washed and pin curled today, think I am going to use my pass next week to try the new CON argan oil shampoo. Hmmmmmm