Keeping a short hair style while exercising

Hi All, I'm trying to find a regieme for my hair. I exercise 3-4 x per week. I tend to wash and condition after every wash, but my style is so short, I can't just wash and go. I also have a large area of breakage and can only cover it with the longer hair around my front when it's flat ironed. I'm concerned about the amount of heat I'm having to use.

I got myself a half wig, but I was wondering if there is anyone who is trying to manage short hair while still looking fly and also exercising.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
The only advice I could give would be to maybe try not-too-tight braided styles (cornrows, kinky twists, etc) until your hair grows out enough to be able to do more with it.

The halfwig would be a good way to go, also.

I know it can be hard to keep up a short style when you're always active, so I hope that more ladies can chime in.

Filmatic

Can you do a rollerset on the top like perm waves? That way the back can be left alone or brushed down. Think some of the Rhianna styles.

yeahisaidit

I have short hair too, and I've yet to find a way to work out 5 times a week, and NOT look a mess when I'm done. The only thing that works for me is braids. A half-wig sounds like it may help you as well.