Keeping Cornrows In For 6 Weeks

GraceJones

I usually wear cornrows under my wig as a protective style. I was thinking about keeping things low manipulation because my hair grows very slowly. I'm trying to retain as much as possible.

I was going to co-wash and DC every week in my cornrows. I use As I Am as my co-wash and DE Super Moisturizing Conditioner or Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage DC. I also use MTG to oil my scalp every day or every other day.

I tried it once and I had no scalp build up matted in my braids. I did have a lot of shed hair though, but I think that's normal.

MzSwift

IA, that's a great low manipulation technique! I've seen lots of ladies with weaves do that and their hair flourished. HHG! :)

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
That is basically what I do in the winter. Good luck with your retention goals.

I usually wear cornrows under my wig as a protective style. I was thinking about keeping things low manipulation because my hair grows very slowly. I'm trying to retain as much as possible.

I was going to co-wash and DC every week in my cornrows. I use As I Am as my co-wash and DE Super Moisturizing Conditioner or Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage DC. I also use MTG to oil my scalp every day or every other day.

I tried it once and I had no scalp build up matted in my braids. I did have a lot of shed hair though, but I think that's normal.
Do you like ORS scalp cleaner... to go longer without washing your hair...