Keeping the JACKED UP Weave just so her hair would look long...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Yesterday during lunch, I was watching What Not To Wear and there was this black girl on there with this awful tangled up weave in her hair that went pass her brastrap I think. It looked like she had this weave in for 3 months or more!
When it came time to do her hair, the stylist pulled up a piece of hair in the front that was short, maybe have broken off from the weave. He was talking about how her real hair was a different color than the weave (her hair was a dark brown and the weave was jet black) and that the tracks were all matted in the back with her real hair and he wanted to take it out. She said she did not want to take it out because she wants her hair to look long.

I thought they should have taken the weave out and gave her a nice style with her real hair, but the stylist was able to do something with it. He cut some length off and made loose wavy curls with it and colored her real hair in the front black. Then guess what? She flat ironed the loose wavy curls and messed it back up. What's wrong with this girl?

I just thought this was sad and wanted to share with you all. This weave made her hair look awful and didnt even look right and she wanted to keep it in ALL because she wanted her hair to look long. Having your hair look long is not worth it if it looks a hot mess. That's just crazy. :(

Queenie

I think I've seen that one. There has been a couple of girls w/weaves on there.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, her hair was hideous. It ruined her whole appearance for me. She should have let Nick take it out.

DAX

I saw that episodes and she was jacked up, period.

Wasn't she supposed to be a model? The weave was bad. If she is going to wear a weave, at least she should have it PROFESSIONALLY done to have a look like Janet Jackson or Robin Givens. Her weave looked like she got it done around the corner in someone's basement.

I desperately want long hair but I don't believe in using weaves. I know that a lot of people get growth with them but I think in the long run, you will see the damaging affects of a weave, so I don't use them.

Is it worth walking around looking a total mess with a lot of fake matted, messy hair just to said it's long?

UmSumayyah

Dang I missed that one. The one I saw the girl had a nice looking clip-in doohickey that he cut and styled. It looked nice when he was done.

MzPrince

I remember that episode. They really needed to provide her with some dental work also. She was pretty bad.

Kimberly

I saw that one. I thought it was ridiculous and I hoped, once she saw the show, she would see how bad it looked. If I were that girl's friend, I would have told her her weave was jacked up. I mean, they knew she needed help because they nominated her for the show but, somethings, you just got to tell them straight up if you really care about them. JMHO.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I saw that one. Her hair was jacked up! The bad thing about it was that she wouldn't let Nick take it out. I was like ewww! I couldn't beleive he was able to do something with it. It probably took him like an hour just to comb it out.

asubeauty

I saw that one too. When she didn't let Nick take that weave out, I was screaming at the TV, "Girl WHY??? Your weave looks a mess!!" No, seriously, I was.

And I was kind of looking forward to seeing her real hair...

Incredible1ne

asubeauty said:
I saw that one too. When she didn't let Nick take that weave out, I was screaming at the TV, "Girl WHY??? Your weave looks a mess!!" No, seriously, I was.

And I was kind of looking forward to seeing her real hair...

Her hair must have been damaged underneath the weave if it's as bad as you all are saying it was.

Healthb4Length

I saw that one too! THat girl and her weave was a mess! Using weaves as a crutch is pathetic, especially when it's so painfully obvious that that nest on top of her head was a weave!

Oh, i saw that one! that so called model with the rats nest LOL, You know what i hate about that show though,, Nick always insist son cutting ppls hair off even when they have gorgeous long hair, Nick will have them leaving with a little bob that doesnt quite look right on them , or if they have thick luxurious hair Nick will give them skinny ass hair that Id be buying products to pump up becuz he razor cuts it. And i get pissed when these ladies let him do, it and he gets so mad and offended and offensive if you dont let him chop ur hair off!! I would NEVER go within 100 feet of Nick Arrojo!:eek:.