Kenra Platinum Silkening Gloss

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I was suckered again. Y'all know I'm a sucker for packaging and fragrance. I went to Ulta to pick up some more Y Serum, but they were out. Well, I didn't want to waste the trip...but I was going to be strong and leave without anything anyway.

I decided I would check out the Kenra platinum stuff. Really cool packaging...Okay, well let me smell it! I know I don't need a new serum (I tell myself) because my Neutrogena is magic in a bottle and way cheaper than this stuff. But all was lost when I smelled the Kenra gloss. Up to the checkout I went with my $3.00 off any purchase coupon to get the $15 awesome smelling serum. The fragrance is quite similar to Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner--same company so who knows. I wonder if this same serum will come out later as an Elucence product.

Of course I tried it when I got home. I like it.
It's as light as Biosilk, but without the alcohol. It's been about 45 minutes since I put it on and my hair feels really good and soft.

Do I like it better than the Neutrogena? The Neutrogena is still the winner (for now). The Neutrogena has oils and feels like it actually goes into the strand alittle bit. I can tell that this one is only on the outside of the strand, but I still like the way my hair feels. I can see this being GREAT for a smooth, silky air dry or rollerset. I can also see it being a good gloss for the flat-ironers. Even those that still use that evil blow-dryer, I bet this stuff would be WONDERFUL! And it does say to use heat for best results.

So there you have it. Supergirl tested another product for you

H

honey_jammz82

Thanks for the detailed review! I have been eyeing them for a while!