Kérastase: "Our Finest Treatment Ever Created"

KinkyGenius

http://www.kerastase-usa.com/_en/_us/conso/products/chronologiste/product-details.aspx

I think they're doing this treatment in their salons now, but I don't think it's available to purchase yet. It's $145 for 10 applications.

Will you be trying this "new, innovative" product? Anyone try this treatment at one of their salons yet? Thoughts?

KinkyGenius

Girl...I have been looking at this for a couple of weeks now....I am soooooooo tempted to try this!!!

I thought I was the only one! But they're not selling it one application at a time ya know, so I'd have to pay the $145 for the 10 applications. Dilemmas, dilemmas :nono:

Ballerina_Bun

I'm one of the few in this forum that loves Kerastase but that price is killing me :(

My hair is at it's best when using Kerastase (and schwarzkopf Gliss). I have the Oleo Nuit that I use on my ends before bed :lick: . I have a small handful of their other goodies with me too.

I was just looking at this treatment at the salon here today. I didn't get it, because today was for skincare. However, I would like to try it. I'm tempted to see if they can do my hair and use this, so that I can see if it's worth purchasing.

Let us know if you get it.

Vintageglam

I love Kerestase and Matrix Biolage (which IMO is a cheaper version of Kerstase).

OT - I have been looking for their sun protection for hair and can't find it anywhere?

Victorian

old head
:shocked: Want!!
I'm such a sucker for nice packaging...It sounds good though...and mixing the two parts in the little bowl sounds like fun. I love feeling like a chemist when I'm doing hair treatments :lol:

Maybe when I get my tax refund...

LushLox

Lord why did I come into this thread. I would hate to think what the mark up would be on that price when it arrives here. :nono:

Boy someone buy it and give us a review please! :D

Mleah

Until they release the key ingredients and proof of its miraculous benefits on type 3 and 4 hair....I'm not falling for the okeedoke. I been taken in by beautiful packaging before and have been sorely disappointed.

MonPetite

I am SO lemming for an ingredient list. I am a Keratase virgin; that may change, depending on what's in this.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Have, and Love Keratase Oleo Relax. Not sure if I will repurchase the Oleo Relax it (due to the price:perplexed).

Not sure of this product.

danysedai

My hair is at it's best when using Kerastase (and schwarzkopf Gliss). I have the Oleo Nuit that I use on my ends before bed :lick: . I have a small handful of their other goodies with me too.

I was just looking at this treatment at the salon here today. I didn't get it, because today was for skincare. However, I would like to try it. I'm tempted to see if they can do my hair and use this, so that I can see if it's worth purchasing.

Let us know if you get it.

Ballerina_Bun, I've bought some Kerastase products based on your reviews here :yep: . I like the Nuit serum, it's creamy but it disappears on the hair, I apply on edges,nape and ends to keep them moisturized, mainly now that I'm into my 4 month stretch. I LOVE the Oleo-relax shampoo, mask and serum and I attribute the fact that my shedding stopped to the resistance (Bain de Force and Ciment Anti Usure) system,specially the forceintense (sp?) vials treatment. I also use the Oleo-slim as a leave in but I don't think I'll repurchase. Kerastase in general agrees with my hair.:lick:

lilikoi

Sounds (and looks) so good I wanted to believe!

But then I found this review at makeupalley.com:

"Okay, I was browsing the kerastase website just because I love kerastase hair products and noticed that they had just launched something new which immediatly caught my interest.. Chronologiste! Which they claim is there most incredible and technological formula to date! So I curiously dashed down to my local Kerastase hair salon to purchase a pot (they also do the ritual at the salon but I really dont have time right now to go to the salon.) Well, it cost 95 euros!!!.. This didnt change my mind as I excpeted it to transform my hair into silky, shiney, glossy locks.
Packaging was very nice.. looks very good quality.. the product feels very rich and smells perfumy.
so blah blah blah, did the treatment (takes a bit of time mixing and parting the hair, Kind of like applying colour) and I just like to leave my masks on longer as I feel they penetrate my thick hair better. I then proceeded to rinse and style then after...
My hair felt well moisturised, somehow felt fuller too, it acually looked really good that day. Well I did this yesterday and woke up today, looked in the mirror and thought about it.. My hair isnt any different than what it was before I did this treatment. I dont know if my scalp feels any different as I never have issues with it to begin with (it claims to leave the scalp smoothed and hydrated).
Will I purchase again.. No! not for that price.
Its a good treatment but the resluts for me were not any much different than when I use the masquintense 3. I did expect alot more!"

I'll wait this one out.

la mosca

For the PJs out there like me who are desperately trying to brainwash themselves into not wanting this product, here's the Beauty Brains' take on Kerastase

How Kerastase Kills Your Cash

by Right Brain on December 21, 2007 · 55 comments

Lauren’s on the lookout: I’ve been wanting to try Kerastase hair products for quite some time now, but they are so overpriced. What about these products make it so such more expensive than most others? Are there any cheaper shampoos and masks that perform similarly but for a cheaper price?

The Right Brain responds:
In case you haven’t read our post on “Who’s Who in the Cosmetic Industry,” Kerastase is owned by cosmetic giant L’Oreal who markets a variety of brands at different prices. Like many large companies, L’Oreal spends a lot resources developing the best possible formulas and then use those formulas across different brands. Why is Kerastase so expensive? Can you say “brand image?” You’re paying for a different fragrance, packaging and advertising but not necessarily a different formula.
High Cost

For example, look at Kerastase Nutritive Oleo-Relax Smoothing Hair Masque. A 5 ounce jar sells for $50.00 and it contains the following ingredients:
Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guinneensis Oil, Shorea Robusta / Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, prevervatives, fragrance, blah blah blah.
Low Cost

Now consider L’Oreal Vive Pro Smooth Intense. A 6.8 ounce tube will set you back $4.99. The ingredients are remarkable similar:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, and more blah blah blah.
Chemically speaking, these are nearly identical. They’re based on the same fatty alcohol blend and rely on behentrimonium chloride and amodimethicone for conditioning. And the potato starch is an interesting choice of thickener/emulsifier. Functionally speaking, we’d be amazed if a consumer could tell any difference between these two products.

The Beauty Brains bottom line

Does this mean ALL Kerastase formulas are the same as the cheaper L’Oreal versions? Not necessarily, but we’d take a close look at each product before spending that much cash.

sqzbly1908

I thought I was the only one! But they're not selling it one application at a time ya know, so I'd have to pay the $145 for the 10 applications. Dilemmas, dilemmas :nono:

I was under the impression that they selling it for at home use - not as a treatment at the salon...

I have had their in salon treatments - I love them...

Last edited:

Vintageglam

Lord why did I come into this thread. I would hate to think what the mark up would be on that price when it arrives here. :nono:

Boy someone buy it and give us a review please! :D

Actually Cream Tee I was about to say that the product will be marked up in the US bc of importation and duties etc and the very powerful Estee Lauder anti L'Oreal Lobby !!! :lol:

^^^ Beat me to it. Cheaper in the UK and will be cheaper in France when the mighty sterling recovers from its fall from grace. My mother in law just told me its 85 Euro in France. :perplexed

LushLox

^^^ Yeah doh, I forgot that it was a European product. :blush:

£8 a treatment, hmmm! Nah I still won't go there! I'll have to see some uber good reviews first!!

ETA: Freema's on - god her hair! :drool:

Ganjababy

I will pass on this one. I find Kerastase products over-rated. I tried them several times after a former hairdresser kept raving about these products. He had the nicest BAA ever and his hair thrived on their products. Mine did not. There are better products out there for my hair.

Lucky's Mom

How Kerastase Kills Your Cash

by Right Brain on December 21, 2007 · 55 comments

Lauren’s on the lookout: I’ve been wanting to try Kerastase hair products for quite some time now, but they are so overpriced. What about these products make it so such more expensive than most others? Are there any cheaper shampoos and masks that perform similarly but for a cheaper price?

The Right Brain responds:
In case you haven’t read our post on “Who’s Who in the Cosmetic Industry,” Kerastase is owned by cosmetic giant L’Oreal who markets a variety of brands at different prices. Like many large companies, L’Oreal spends a lot resources developing the best possible formulas and then use those formulas across different brands. Why is Kerastase so expensive? Can you say “brand image?” You’re paying for a different fragrance, packaging and advertising but not necessarily a different formula.
High Cost

For example, look at Kerastase Nutritive Oleo-Relax Smoothing Hair Masque. A 5 ounce jar sells for $50.00 and it contains the following ingredients:
Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guinneensis Oil, Shorea Robusta / Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, prevervatives, fragrance, blah blah blah.
Low Cost

Now consider L’Oreal Vive Pro Smooth Intense. A 6.8 ounce tube will set you back $4.99. The ingredients are remarkable similar:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, and more blah blah blah.
Chemically speaking, these are nearly identical. They’re based on the same fatty alcohol blend and rely on behentrimonium chloride and amodimethicone for conditioning. And the potato starch is an interesting choice of thickener/emulsifier. Functionally speaking, we’d be amazed if a consumer could tell any difference between these two products.

The Beauty Brains bottom line

Does this mean ALL Kerastase formulas are the same as the cheaper L’Oreal versions? Not necessarily, but we’d take a close look at each product before spending that much cash.

:yep::yep: thanks for posting this...... I have really figured out that the beauty industry only survives by MARKETING....

These companies cannot make money otherwise. I am sure these ingredients are nothing different than what you already have at home.