Keratin Shampoos

janeemat

I was wondering which of you ladies use Keratin Shampoos. I read that this was one of Oprahs favorites for 2010. What are the names of some Keratin Shampoos and what are the benefits? Is Joico k pak shampoo considered to be a keratin shampoo or should the bottle read Keratin shampoo. Please educate me.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
A line by the name of Millcreek has hydrolyzed keratin in the entire line. If the first five ingredients have keratin then it has alot.

I dont have the shampoos but I do have 2 of the conditioners: biotin and keratin

The biotion is a lighter protein conditioner where as the keratin one is much stronger. I only apply a leave-in after the biotin but with the keratin I find I think I should DC after for about 15-20 min. I did not in the past and my hair was fine but I think I am going to change that.

It is supposed to help fill in the missing cuticles of the hair to help keep the hair elastic and healthy.

The entire Joico line has keratin, however all do not make the hair hard. The only conditioner within this line that needs to be followed up with a moisture DC is the Joico K pak reconstructor TREATMENT.

Keratin shampoos or conditioners are used on a case by case basis, where as some can use it everyweek others can only use it once a month or less.

Last edited: