Keratin Treatment Support Thread

Napp

Ms. Nobody
9EA69C37-0B2B-4715-BF1A-0E6A825BB3F5.jpeg
Here is what my hair looks like wet at 10 months post. I can see and feel a line or demarcation. With gel and a styling brush the two textures blend but if I was to rake and smooth it looks off. I am going to still hang on to my ends as much as I can. They have broken off a lot but I feel like they protect my natural hair so I’m keeping them until my hair is long enough that I feel comfortable wearing it out.

DVAntDany

I just got off the phone with Keratin Complex to ask more about the KCTexture Treatment. I saw something that made me think about it, and I just wanted to get clarification. They no longer have a salon locator on the website. Places I know that use Keratin Complex aren’t familiar with the KCTexture.

Ok, the staff doesn’t seem to familiarize themselves with other product jargon. She wasn’t sure what I meant by Botox treatment. So, I just asked as much as I could regarding this product.

The lady I spoke with said that the treatment is not supposed to change one’s curl pattern. So there should be no loosening of curls. It only smooths the cuticle. She said it wears off every 3 months and is cumulative. So the more one uses it, the smoother the hair will look. Even though it is recommended to do every 3 months, it is safe enough to do every 2 weeks. She did not avoid mentioning that it is a chemical treatment.

I might look more into it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I just got off the phone with Keratin Complex to ask more about the KCTexture Treatment. I saw something that made me think about it, and I just wanted to get clarification. They no longer have a salon locator on the website. Places I know that use Keratin Complex aren’t familiar with the KCTexture.

Ok, the staff doesn’t seem to familiarize themselves with other product jargon. She wasn’t sure what I meant by Botox treatment. So, I just asked as much as I could regarding this product.

The lady I spoke with said that the treatment is not supposed to change one’s curl pattern. So there should be no loosening of curls. It only smooths the cuticle. She said it wears off every 3 months and is cumulative. So the more one uses it, the smoother the hair will look. Even though it is recommended to do every 3 months, it is safe enough to do every 2 weeks. She did not avoid mentioning that it is a chemical treatment.

I might look more into it.
If it could silken the strands I would be interesting

DVAntDany

If it could silken the strands I would be interesting
I feel the same way. I bet with every treatment the results look better. I just don't think it lasts very long.

My only hold up is looking at the technique and the model's results. If it doesn't change the curl pattern, then why all those styling techniques for applying the treatment? In the training video after applying the treatment, it appeared that they refrained from disturbing the finger coiled style throughout the additional steps. The final results had undefined roots with obviously finger coiled mid lengths to ends. When the model finally washes and styles her own hair, will she look like she has finger coils? If she does, then the treatment can change the curl pattern. If she doesn't, why make people do anything besides rake it in for application?

Then I watched this instagram recorded live and it doesn't help with any of the confusion. Just listen to the stylist. She makes it seem as though the styling technique when applying the treatment makes a difference, yet says it makes it easier for her sister to do twist outs. Hmm, having to still rely on twist outs for styling makes me feel like it doesn't silken the hair that much. It it worth the potential chemical compromise?

Also, Brazilian Blowout seems like it would be good for keeping the curl. According to the instruction sheet, one just needs to lower the temperature and reduce the passes. To transition from relaxed to "natural" they suggest the to use no tension or pressure while flat-ironing. Then to do 4 to 5 passes at 380 degrees. To maintain natural curl use less tension on thicker sections at 400 degrees with 4 to 5 passes. To loosen the curl, flat iron 7 to 12 times at 430 degrees. Lastly, to maintain or create volume, over direct with the flat iron at the roots. That seems simple enough, but the system is very expensive. It looks like something similar can be achieved when using the Keratin Complex PBO system to maintain curls. KC doesn't promote it for curls like Brazilian Blowout.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Ugh I'm one year post keratin/botox and I dont like how my new growth acts. Its almost like the hair cannot absorb water. Keratin treatments fixed that but then make the curl integrity go down and the hair breaks off. I'm considering doing an amino acid treatment.

GGsKin

@Napp A clay mask always makes my hair more receptive to water. I know that they are messy, but have you recently/ ever tried using clay to make your hair behave a little better, before returning to chemicals?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp A clay mask always makes my hair more receptive to water. I know that they are messy, but have you recently/ ever tried using clay to make your hair behave a little better, before returning to chemicals?
I couldn't do clay. its too messy. perhaps if there ways some type of ready made clay type product that works well, i would be open to it. Novex used to make a White clay mask that I loved.

I think the lack of absorbing water is just a trait of my hair. My hair has a "spongy" texture which I've never liked. Anyhoo I just styled my hair using a hard hold gel and I'm going to see if that works in terms of taming my roots. I think I might end up doing a big chop at the two year mark. These ends are kind of sad. I dont want to have to transition again so I'm going to try and stay the course for as long as I can. I was really tempted and made a professional account to buy the amino acid treatment and was about to buy it but something made me decide to stay the natural course for at least another year.