Keratin Treatment Support Thread

crazydaze911

I did a henna treatment a couple days before BKT, but was wondering about when I need to redo the henna as the greys start appearing. Will it take?

I dont color...yet, but i've read alot of FAQs on the BKT and its definitely better to color BEFORE the BKT, even same day, if u wish. You can color after, but they suggest you wait a couple weeks. So if u henna and BKT at the same time and ur BKT lasts 3 months - can u hold out that long before u henna again? if not, maybe you can buy one of those shampoos that leaves like a color deposit on ur hair everytime you wash. like the john frieda brunette collection, or pantene. just to help u stretch. alot of brands make them now, just check to make sure they dont have sodium chloride.

AngieB

I dont color...yet, but i've read alot of FAQs on the BKT and its definitely better to color BEFORE the BKT, even same day, if u wish. You can color after, but they suggest you wait a couple weeks. So if u henna and BKT at the same time and ur BKT lasts 3 months - can u hold out that long before u henna again? if not, maybe you can buy one of those shampoos that leaves like a color deposit on ur hair everytime you wash. like the john frieda brunette collection, or pantene. just to help u stretch. alot of brands make them now, just check to make sure they dont have sodium chloride.
Thanks for the information. I won't need to henna again for at least three to four weeks - so I should be ok.

AtlantaJJ

I think you may be the guinea pig on that one, AngieB.

Ravenmerlita used to henna and now does bkt. You can visit her fotki here: http://public.fotki.com/ravenmerlita/

I messaged her once before to ask her if she was still using the keratin straightener and did she have to stop hennaing in order to bkt. This was her response to me:

I have a couple of theories where henna/bkt are involved. I wonder if the henna would thicken the strand and then bkt would coat the outside of the thickened strand keeping the temporary thickening longer? But then I wonder if there is anything remotely close to salt in henna that would cause the bkt to be dissolved from the inside out.

Whatever you do, please keep us posted, ok? There are many that are curious, I'm sure.

Girl I'm going to have to put you in the genius column if you keep thinking like I do! :lol:

I was thinking the same thing, do my henna to get strands thick and strong and cover the grays, then do the BKT a week or so later after a couple of good DC's. This should = thicker even stronger strands.

AtlantaJJ

You know what I'm thinking, sweat is salty right?

I workout and sweat in my head. I'm thinking I will have to do my own BKT's because it most likely will not last on me as long as normally indicated because sweat in my hair a lot wash my hair often.

ETA:

I just googled and found this:

Subject: Re: BKT & sweat
Date: October 22, 2008 at 12:59 pm PST

In Reply to: Re: BKT & sweat posted by Tommy Maness on October 21, 2008 at 7:15 pm:

I've had two or three Marcia Teixeira BKTs and two Coppola keratin treatments, work out daily and leave with my hair soaking wet also. And, in all honesty, I wouldn't "sweat" the sweat too much. Generally, my treatments last three or four months. After workouts, I rinse my hair in the shower, sometimes shampooing it with Elucence and other times just conditioning it (also with Elucence). I'm sure if I worked out less, my treatments would last a little longer... but if the trade-off is bigger thighs, it's not worth it.

I wrote to Coppola about salt, sweat and BKT and they, too, recommended rinsing and nothing else.

Good luck.

acegirlbda wrote:
this is a question for denise....do you think sweat affects the treatment coming out of the hair? i workout every day so my hair gets drenched with sweat every day-gross i know. I only wash it every other day and just rinse with water the other days...do you think the keratin is affected by the sweat and water on the days i don't actually shampoo. I am just asking because it has been about 2 weeks since i washed it for the very first time and although i still absolutely love it and will continue having the treatment forever, it isn't as perfect as it was after the first couple of washes.
You say your hair is drenched with sweat. That could have an effect on your hair, but not a huge effect. How healthy was your hair when you had the treatment done?
I know this will sound crazy but I usually suggest my BKT clientswork out with wet hair. In otherwords, wet the hair, spray on a leave in moisturizer and work out. Rinse afterward.
Let me know if you try this and what your thoughts are about the wet workout.
Denise

Last edited:

ChocoKitty

Yep! Chocokitty once said she might do that. This was her original post from the "I Did it! BKT *pic heavy*" thread:

I wonder if she ever did it? Not I, said the cat :nono:. If I ever stopped BKTing, I'd have to deal with color damaged, super duper fine strands? Nooooooo way, Jose. lol

She's got lovely hair, too. Here's her fotki: http://public.fotki.com/Chocokitty77/

Hey Sheba! Thank you for the mention and complement! I haven't BKT'd yet but I'm doing my research and budgeting for the expense of self application. The salon I contacted said I'd need to "texturize" my hair first. :nono: I'd color my hair before I'd relax it. Since I told them I would not be interested in texturizing they stopped responding to my emails. I was soo ready to drop the cash to get it done... :ohwell:

In the past, I have colored my natural hair using Dark and Lovely in Honey Blonde before and did not experience damage from the process. I've also had blonde and golden brown highlights. Color makes my fine hair appear thicker since it causes the cuticle to swell.

However--I am not proposing that anyone natural apply permanent color to damaged hair to elongate their results. This is my personal choice. My hair IMO is relatively healthy with exception of the splits I receive from SSKs. :wallbash:

MissRissa

ok so you know how folks get when they hear about something that sounds "exotic". sooo i was pretty much set on getting the global keratin in the acai formaldehyde free. but now i'm thinking about getting the morroccan treatment because well, its the morroccan treatment. so it sounds extra tantalizing because it states: "2. Moroccan Hair Reconstructor or Moroccan Hair Treatment
Its original formula has, besides keratin and white clay, cocoa oil which repairs damaged and curly hair in a lasting and efficient way." where in the ingredients are the while clay and cocoa oil?

Ingredients: Glicerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, C.I. 19140, C.I. 16035, Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone, Keratin, Silica, Fragrance, Water and Formaldeheyde (from sickbay.biz)

yodie

Anyone in L.A. get the Keratin treatment?
If so, please tell if you went to a salon or did the treatment yourself.

Thanks.

AtlantaJJ

I just watched an interview of Bey on the View this morning and I could swear she has her natural hair BKT'ed. Check this video out and let me know what you think...

http://theyaketyyak.blogspot.com/

It makes perfect sense when you think about it, that's how she can keep her hair colored and keep hair on her head at the same time and get it stick straight.

AtlantaJJ

ok so you know how folks get when they hear about something that sounds "exotic". sooo i was pretty much set on getting the global keratin in the acai formaldehyde free. but now i'm thinking about getting the morroccan treatment because well, its the morroccan treatment. so it sounds extra tantalizing because it states: "2. Moroccan Hair Reconstructor or Moroccan Hair Treatment
Its original formula has, besides keratin and white clay, cocoa oil which repairs damaged and curly hair in a lasting and efficient way." where in the ingredients are the while clay and cocoa oil?

Ingredients: Glicerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, C.I. 19140, C.I. 16035, Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone, Keratin, Silica, Fragrance, Water and Formaldeheyde (from sickbay.biz)
I know silica is one of the components of hair along with Keratin, it may work great!! It sounds like they are improving on the formulas.

sheba1

Hey Sheba! Thank you for the mention and complement! I haven't BKT'd yet but I'm doing my research and budgeting for the expense of self application.

Heyyyy Chocokitty! I didn't even know you were still hangin around in the bkt threads! You've been so quiet! It's good to see you and good to see you're still giving bkt some thought.

The salon I contacted said I'd need to "texturize" my hair first. :nono: I'd color my hair before I'd relax it. Since I told them I would not be interested in texturizing they stopped responding to my emails. I was soo ready to drop the cash to get it done... :ohwell:

They did the same doggone thing to me! They must learn this when they're learning to apply the treatment. I'm thinking they think that we want straight hair, right out of the shower. That, if that is not the end result we won't be happy. How wrong are they?! I'm natural because I love my curls! I just want to be able to switch it up and go straight easier, if I choose; causing less damage to my hair. I also want easier detangling so I don't have to cut a blasted knot out of my hair every single time I detangle and wash. :nono: Can't seem to make them understand that. *shrug*

In the past, I have colored my natural hair using Dark and Lovely in Honey Blonde before and did not experience damage from the process. I've also had blonde and golden brown highlights. Color makes my fine hair appear thicker since it causes the cuticle to swell. However--I am not proposing that anyone natural apply permanent color to damaged hair to elongate their results. This is my personal choice. My hair IMO is relatively healthy with exception of the splits I receive from SSKs. :wallbash:

Oh, this is great! I've never heard that color could do this! This has got me thinking, now. My hair is very healthy, so.... If I love the BKT I might just color, one day. Thicker appearing hair and longer lasting treatments appeals to me very much. Thank you for sharing!

sheba1

I just watched an interview of Bey on the View this morning and I could swear she has her natural hair BKT'ed. Check this video out and let me know what you think...

http://theyaketyyak.blogspot.com/

It makes perfect sense when you think about it, that's how she can keep her hair colored and keep hair on her head at the same time and get it stick straight.

Gurrrrl, Beyonce is an avid lace front wearer. I used to have a photo where her lace had bunched at her temple while she was squinting to hit a note.

AtlantaJJ

Gurrrrl, Beyonce is an avid lace front wearer. I used to have a photo where her lace had bunched at her temple while she was squinting to hit a note.
She has been sporting her hair more frequently recently. Her hair looks BKTed to me. I'm the LF queen too, so I can tell when she has one on vs when she's wearing her hair with some tracks in to thicken it up. Very pretty.

I actually like the idea of coloring and BKT. I love color but I avoid it because I don't want to cause damage. It's true color makes fine hair appear thicker because it swells the cuticle. I also read that the BKT adds weight to fine strands. This sounds like a winner the more I read, I want thicker strands that are more manageable but not stick straight unless I want to flat iron. I would love smoother looking braidouts/twist outs/roller sets...:yep:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Ok So I got my QOD Max in the mail today and now I need a sulfate free clarifying shampoo. Can I get that in a store or will I have to order online?

Last edited:

sheba1

Thanks AngieB! I'm going to pick up that Cristophe Beverly Hills Purely Natural clarifying poo from CVS. Sulfate free, available locally and inexpensive? I'm all over that!

Hey guys, I BKT'd my hair. My hair feels good and looks thicker but isn't silky. I believe that may be my fault, but since my desire was to have easily detangled hair more than anything, I'm sure I'll be fine with the result after the first wash. I will be protective styling until BSL, BKT or not.

I discovered, after the flat iron, that my hair is loaded with single strand knots covering the last inch of my hair coming from my hair curling on itself. I'm so very disappointed as I will have to cut much of my progress from the last couple of months away. This must have happened during my weekly detangle and wash sessions. Since my hair has tight coils, my hair wraps around itself as I part and comb. I had no idea how bad it was until I couldn't get my ends to straighten while BKTing. Once straight I began looking through my hair and saw the truth. I could cry! I can't bring myself to cut an inch, right now. I trimmed a half inch. I'll bun and protective style for another month before getting the other half inch.

I have pics in my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/sheba1/

naturalmanenyc

So sorry that you are disappointed and need to trim. The color looks great though:grin:

Thanks AngieB! I'm going to pick up that Cristophe Beverly Hills Purely Natural clarifying poo from CVS. Sulfate free, available locally and inexpensive? I'm all over that!

Hey guys, I BKT'd my hair. My hair feels good and looks thicker but isn't silky. I believe that may be my fault, but since my desire was to have easily detangled hair more than anything, I'm sure I'll be fine with the result after the first wash. I will be protective styling until BSL, BKT or not.

I discovered, after the flat iron, that my hair is loaded with single strand knots covering the last inch of my hair coming from my hair curling on itself. I'm so very disappointed as I will have to cut much of my progress from the last couple of months away. This must have happened during my weekly detangle and wash sessions. Since my hair has tight coils, my hair wraps around itself as I part and comb. I had no idea how bad it was until I couldn't get my ends to straighten while BKTing. Once straight I began looking through my hair and saw the truth. I could cry! I can't bring myself to cut an inch, right now. I trimmed a half inch. I'll bun and protective style for another month before getting the other half inch.

I have pics in my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/sheba1/

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
no cristophe clarifying poo at my cvs. I ended up at Ulta and picked up the only sulfate/ salt free clarifying poo they had in stock - Terax is the brand and the poo is called Latte clarifying shampoo with silk protein. It has hydrolyzed milk and wheat protein + silk amino acids. While I was at CVS I did find Naked Naturals Citrus & Keratin fortifying shampoo. I'll use that and my silicone mix for my 1st post BKT wash.

dany06

I've tried QOD gold and Soft Liss. I like both. I think that Soft Liss is a better product for someone like me. It only takes an hour to do its magic instead of 2 to 4 days. The QOD gold smells pleasant and does not burn your eyes. When I straightened my hair it felt producty and weird like the strand were sticking together. Once it was washed out 2 or 3 days later if felt really good. The soft liss smells good at first then begins to smell chemically. During the waiting period everyone kept commenting on the smell. This product can make you feel like you have to cough and slightly burn the eyes. So I've been doing it outside on the deck because even with the fans(both portable and bath room exhaust fan) and windows open it was still getting to me. The difference in out come is that the Soft-Liss hair felt less producty afterwards, was straighter and actually hung down. The Gold Max gave my hair too much volume and it would not hang down even though it was straight.

Right now my hair is an experimental battle ground for testing BKT products. I texlaxed the front portion of my head and the back is natural. When I tried the QOD the first time I used a regular clarifying shampoo from the drugstore and it went okay. This was done on a section in the front. When I tried the QOD again after using the Soft-Liss deep cleansing shampoo in another section of my head my hair went to silk and was super straight after washing. I dont know what it is but there is something in those clarifying/deep cleansing shampoos that these companies offer.

About a week ago I went ahead and decided to do my whole head with the Soft-Liss treatment. My textlaxed hair that looked like it was never touched with a chemical is now completely straight after two treatments of the Soft Liss. I mean it air dries pretty straight with hardly any frizz. I put some KCCC in the front section and it dried silky straight and smooth with no frizz what so ever. The back which is natural with remnants of color on the ends was only given the Soft Liss Treatment once. The areas where there is no color on the ends (I've been trying to trim off the color gradually) are super defined and about the size of 4a/3C curls. I naturally have 4a/b type hair that doesn't respond well to products like Miss Jessie's curly pudding. It usually looks white on my hair, but now it melts into it making soft defined curls. The parts with the colored ends looks a bit strange. Reminds me of when I was transitioning. The roots look loose and wavy yet kinky with 3A/2B curls on the ends. The ends still curl up but are silkier and look thinner. I think that the weight from the looser hair is pulling down the curls making them look wavy. My hair is super soft. It really revived my hair is the way it looks and feels. I'd also like to mention that the blow drying process was super easy after letting the product sit in my hair for 20 minutes. I was really able to blow dry my own natural kinky hair straight with a round brush.

Im going to do the back again and see if I can catch it up to the texlaxed hair. Im plan to put a straight weave in sometime soon. I've really missed hair that could stay straight for longer than a few hour or days. Right now I've been using suave shampoos because they dont contain sodium but I fear that the chloride might do something to it. I know for a fact that the Elucence Moisture Balance strips some of the treatment off. The section where I washed the hair with it started to look frizzy and the curl was coming back. This was after the first treatment though. I've been sticking with the suave coconut one and the daily clarifying with no problem so far.

If you're thinking about texlaxing or texturizing your hair you might want to try a BKT first. I think that 2 times or so should give you what you are looking for. This may not give good curly results if you have any chemical processes in your hair. For those texlaxed already, it will definitely give you straight hair. It really zaps out the curls on chemically processed hair. At first the texlaxed portioned looked like relaxed hair when air dried. You know what air dried relaxed hair looks like. After the second time, it now drys pretty straight. Also when straight is doesn't seem to recognize humidity. I splashed it with water and it didn't frizz or wave up. Once I shampooed my hair it showed signs of being hit by water.

Im going to use the what I have left on my Aunt's fully relaxed hair. I have little over a half of bottle left. After i do this I will show you guys the results of her hair and find the pictures of my own.

Last edited:

dany06

Southern Tease thank you so much for starting this thread and having links for these products. I've been trying to find Agi Maxx for some time. It has been said that it works really good for more resistant hair types. Now that I've checked out the site selling it, they dont even recommend it for afro texture hair. What a bummer.

Also here are two more you can add to the list
http://www.bottanica.com/
http://www.brazilianblowout.com/

The Brazilian Blowout I heard about 5 years ago on Si TV when I was in the 11th grade. I tried looking for it back then but it wasn't being sold. Or atleast I just couldn't find it. Then the name for the blowout treatment started being called brazilian keratin treatment not too long ago. I tried looking for BKTs about a years ago on Ebay and would get nothing. Now look at what pops up when you type in Brazilian Keratin Treatment. I wish it was as easily available as it is now last year around this time. I would still have much longer hair on my head. I got a consultation last year in March for the BKT. The dude who was the only stylist trained to do procedure quoted me for $300. I wasn't about to pay someone $300 dollars to do a treatment that doesn't have any pictures of his work. So I ended up cutting off my hair and starting over. Only if only. Well, at least I can do it myself now for much less.

yodie

I've searched and searched and searched and STILL cannot find anything negative on BKT. I'm definitely going to get this done. Just a matter of time. I may wait until school lets out in June, so I can wear my own hair around the house for at least two days and then hop back into my sew in. Speaking of which, is anyone wearing a sew in with BKT?

dany06

I've searched and searched and searched and STILL cannot find anything negative on BKT. I'm definitely going to get this done. Just a matter of time. I may wait until school lets out in June, so I can wear my own hair around the house for at least two days and then hop back into my sew in. Speaking of which, is anyone wearing a sew in with BKT?

Im about to get a sew-in sometime soon. Im hoping that the BKT will protect my leave-out hair by easing the blending situation. Im still debating whether to use virgin indian remy or extensions-plus silky relaxed texture. I tried samples of the relaxed texture in my hair when I first did the BKT in the front. I sewed the samples in. I had it in for about 2 weeks. My hair matched pretty well with the relaxed textures when straightened and even when washed and air dried. That's what I love about extensions plus relaxed textured hair is that it mimics relaxed hair and can look air dried too. Since I've done the treatment twice in the front its a bit more silky when straightened and I think that I could easily get away with virgin straight indian remy if I choose.

dany06

For places that require you to call first to place an order, do they really as for your cosmetology license info? I want to try OK Original Keratin because they say on their site that they sell a 16oz bottle for $55. Thats a price that I can live with. Too bad they don't offer online ordering. If they do, is anyone who has a cosmetology license willing to help me purchase it?

cutenss

I've tried QOD gold and Soft Liss. I like both. I think that Soft Liss is a better product for someone like me. It only takes an hour to do its magic instead of 2 to 4 days. The QOD gold smells pleasant and does not burn your eyes. When I straightened my hair it felt producty and weird like the strand were sticking together. Once it was washed out 2 or 3 days later if felt really good. The soft liss smells good at first then begins to smell chemically. During the waiting period everyone kept commenting on the smell. This product can make you feel like you have to cough and slightly burn the eyes. So I've been doing it outside on the deck because even with the fans(both portable and bath room exhaust fan) and windows open it was still getting to me. The difference in out come is that the Soft-Liss hair felt less producty afterwards, was straighter and actually hung down. The Gold Max gave my hair too much volume and it would not hang down even though it was straight.

Right now my hair is an experimental battle ground for testing BKT products. I texlaxed the front portion of my head and the back is natural. When I tried the QOD the first time I used a regular clarifying shampoo from the drugstore and it went okay. This was done on a section in the front. When I tried the QOD again after using the Soft-Liss deep cleansing shampoo in another section of my head my hair went to silk and was super straight after washing. I dont know what it is but there is something in those clarifying/deep cleansing shampoos that these companies offer.

About a week ago I went ahead and decided to do my whole head with the Soft-Liss treatment. My textlaxed hair that looked like it was never touched with a chemical is now completely straight after two treatments of the Soft Liss. I mean it air dries pretty straight with hardly any frizz. I put some KCCC in the front section and it dried silky straight and smooth with no frizz what so ever. The back which is natural with remnants of color on the ends was only given the Soft Liss Treatment once. The areas where there is no color on the ends (I've been trying to trim off the color gradually) are super defined and about the size of 4a/3C curls. I naturally have 4a/b type hair that doesn't respond well to products like Miss Jessie's curly pudding. It usually looks white on my hair, but now it melts into it making soft defined curls. The parts with the colored ends looks a bit strange. Reminds me of when I was transitioning. The roots look loose and wavy yet kinky with 3A/2B curls on the ends. The ends still curl up but are silkier and look thinner. I think that the weight from the looser hair is pulling down the curls making them look wavy. My hair is super soft. It really revived my hair is the way it looks and feels. I'd also like to mention that the blow drying process was super easy after letting the product sit in my hair for 20 minutes. I was really able to blow dry my own natural kinky hair straight with a round brush.

Im going to do the back again and see if I can catch it up to the texlaxed hair. Im plan to put a straight weave in sometime soon. I've really missed hair that could stay straight for longer than a few hour or days. Right now I've been using suave shampoos because they dont contain sodium but I fear that the chloride might do something to it. I know for a fact that the Elucence Moisture Balance strips some of the treatment off. The section where I washed the hair with it started to look frizzy and the curl was coming back. This was after the first treatment though. I've been sticking with the suave coconut one and the daily clarifying with no problem so far.

If you're thinking about texlaxing or texturizing your hair you might want to try a BKT first. I think that 2 times or so should give you what you are looking for. This may not give good curly results if you have any chemical processes in your hair. For those texlaxed already, it will definitely give you straight hair. It really zaps out the curls on chemically processed hair. At first the texlaxed portioned looked like relaxed hair when air dried. You know what air dried relaxed hair looks like. After the second time, it now drys pretty straight. Also when straight is doesn't seem to recognize humidity. I splashed it with water and it didn't frizz or wave up. Once I shampooed my hair it showed signs of being hit by water.

Im going to use the what I have left on my Aunt's fully relaxed hair. I have little over a half of bottle left. After i do this I will show you guys the results of her hair and find the pictures of my own.

Thank you so much for this post. I had been researching these products for a few months and had narrowed my choices down to: Soft-Liss and the OK Brazillian Keratin Treatment. You help to decide on the Soft-Liss. Which scent did you get? I am so excited! :clap:

cutenss

They say that it is best to color prior to BKT. For naturals, do you do semi or permanent color? And which would be the best brand to use? :perplexed

dany06

Hey Cutenss I got the Soft-Liss in Strawberry. I really dont understand why they put different descriptions for each scent if the only difference is in how they smell. If you buy the Soft-Liss get it from the actual site. It arrived at my house in 2 days. I ordered Monday and it was in my city on Wednesday morning. They ship USPS and it did not fit in my mailbox. So I had to pick it up from the post office. Also its much cheaper on the site than it is on ebay. Purchase the 8oz kit if you just want to try it out. The deep cleansing shampoo makes a world of a difference in the end result. It doesn't really sud up or anything. It also has sodium chloride in it. That probably in it to roughen up the keratin so when you apply it again it has something to grab to. The instructions say that the deep conditioner is a neutralizer of some type. I guess it stops the action of the treatment or something. Dont worry the treatment is not permanent or anything. Remember this is the 1 hour type. You could skip the silk drops. Its just silicone, mineral oil, and fragrance for the most part. I dont remember seeing keratin on the product. The sugar scent I purchased does smell nice though. I think there are like 6 different scents for the serums. Im about to purchase the shampoo and conditioner in the next few days

Semi permanent should be done before hand. If you dont do it before hand you should wait atleast 2 weeks. lskvnlvnYou might as well do it beforehand. If you plan to go darker/shinier then just use a semi permanent. I have reddish brown previously dyed ends. I used Clairol Beautiful Collect in black. My hair looks natural black and not jet black. It hasn't washed out yet either. Its been about 3 weeks now. My ends are still black. I know that some BKT companies suggest using peroxide with the deep cleansing shampoo to open up the cuticles.

I guess it really wouldn't matter what you use before hand as long as it doesn't totally destroy your hair or something. What color do you have in mind? Im not sure how the soft-liss product works with lighter colored hair. People have complained about it turning blondish hair brassy and/or darker just like the Ulta Liquid Keratin. I think that I've also heard that it could lighten darker chemically colored hair. Im not so sure about that but think so.

healthytext

Southern Tease thank you so much for starting this thread and having links for these products. I've been trying to find Agi Maxx for some time. It has been said that it works really good for more resistant hair types. Now that I've checked out the site selling it, they dont even recommend it for afro texture hair. What a bummer.

I've read similar things about other brands. They tend to recommend a permanent straightening process or color beforehand. Maybe they're assuming everyone wants stick straight hair as a result of the treatment plus the fact that the results won't be as dramatic on virgin hair.

Anyway, here's the official site for the Agi Max line (Agi Max Red, Blue Max, Chocolate and Mint. There are application videos on the product pages. From what I've read so far the Blue Max and Chocolate & Mint seem to have 0.2% formol.

(Thanks for your Soft-Liss and QOD review by the way. I'm trying to decide between the two and your posts were very helpful!)

Last edited:

dany06

Also the Soft-Liss sends you two pair of regular latex type gloves (not the flimsy type that come with relaxers) and two instruction pamphlets.