Keratin Treatment Support Thread

naturalmanenyc

The Lasio Treatment was very thin, almost like water, but the Rejuvenol treatment is a thicker treatment....not creamy but definitely not water-like.

I had the wind blown hair look with Lasio but with Rejuvenol my hair, although it still moves with the wind, is more uniform when it blows due to the weight of the treatment. I can use my hands to get my hair back into place but with Lasio I needed a comb/brush because my hair was sooo light weight.

So are you saying that the Rejuvenol gives your hair more weight because now after being natural for some time I find my hair is very light and fluffy but not in a necessarily good way.... I feel I need more weight on my strands. Would this possibly help?

naturalmanenyc

I wore my hair straight for the first few days. I got a trim/cut after my treatment so it had shape even when it was straight. On day 4, I wore my hair pinned up in a bun for work but the dents were minimal.

For bed I wrapped my hair, no pins, and flat ironed out any dents in the morning.

For those that did a BKT, how did you wear/style your hair during the "curing" phase? How did you protect your hair during a shower and prior to bed?

I just ordered a BKT as my Mother's Day gift and I expect it will arrive in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to successfully do this treatment at home, but I'm concerned about how I will take care of my newly treated hair before the first wash.

My goal isn't stick straight hair but manageable hair especially now that I'm transitioning.

TIA.

Ivy Santolina

I purchased the Simply Straight Keratin Treatment by American Culture Hair from www.justbeautysupplies.com. I wanted a no/low formaldehyde formula and because of my mailing address I'm pretty limited on where I can purchase the keratin treatments from. Considering my options and budget this one seemed like the best fit for me.

This is what I would like too. I haven't texlaxed since December, and I am not sure if I am going to again but I am not saying I am transitioning yet. What brand did you wind up getting?

ShiShiPooPoo

Can anyone suggest what I should use to get the conditioning benefits? I have heard negative things about the Liquid Keratin but I don't want straightness I just want to bake that keratin in my strands. I have keratin amino acids and hydrolyzed keratin that I can use (like mix in with my leave in and flatiron) will that fuse the keratin in?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Hello Ladies,

I've procured a QOD GOLD deal for those of us who'd like to purchase single 1 oz. treatments. Order from this vendor and get 10% off when you type in LHCF as your code. Original Price = $30. Free shipping if you purchase two or more.

Email the buyer at [email protected].
Paypal and credit cards accepted.

Blessings,
~Br*nze

Check this out.....

Your chance to try this popular treatment and get STRAIGHT, shiny, HEALTHY hair for months. Top salons charge hundred$$$ for the Brazilian Keratin Treatment, but you can do it at home!
Give it a shot with one of the best products on the market from the original creators of the Brazilian Keratin Treatment!

If you have curly, frizzy, dry or damaged hair, the Brazilian Keratin Treatment is the perfect solution. I have tried a number of other Keratin treatments (spending $1000+) and have discovered it's quite easy to do at home in just 1.5-2 hours while saving so much money (this procedure costs $300-$700, and the product applied may not be as good). This product is authentic, top of the line and freshly imported (exp. date 10/2010). The Brazilian Keratin Treatment (BKT) does not harm your hair, even if a chemical has treated it previously.
QOD GOLD is the latest formula made with keratin technology and 24 karat gold charged nanoparticles which use heat to bind the keratin to the hair and make it straight and shiny. Keratin is a natural substance already in hair and gives it the ability to return to its original healthy, shiny, smooth state. Unlike other products available on the market, such as relaxers, or Japanese thermal conditioning (which has high alkaline and can harm the hair structure), QOD Gold straightens hair without damaging it. Styling time will decrease dramatically and you will only need minutes to blow out your softened curls pin straight. In some cases hair is so satisfactorily straight it's wash and go. Humidity, rain or sweat will no longer affect hairstyle. Your hair will stay effortlessly beautiful hair for 2-4 months, depending on how often you wash.

Items included:

1 - 1.0 oz QOD GOLD Alchemist Mask for 1 treatment (exp. date 10/2010)
1 - 1.0 oz. Clarifying Shampoo needed for pre-treatment
2 - Safety Masks for your comfort while applying/being applied product
Detailed Instructions and Post-treatment Tips

Check out Youtube for videos: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzF4BOemXvM)

Any and all questions are welcomed.
LCHF members get 10% off and free shipping if two or more bottles are purchased. Use code LCHF.
Tis' all.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I've been thinking along these lines as well....

Can anyone suggest what I should use to get the conditioning benefits? I have heard negative things about the Liquid Keratin but I don't want straightness I just want to bake that keratin in my strands. I have keratin amino acids and hydrolyzed keratin that I can use (like mix in with my leave in and flatiron) will that fuse the keratin in?

AtlantaJJ

Hello Ladies,

I've procured a QOD GOLD deal for those of us who'd like to purchase single 1 oz. treatments. Order from this vendor and get 10% off when you type in LHCF as your code. Original Price = $30. Free shipping if you purchase two or more.

Email the buyer at [email protected].
Paypal and credit cards accepted.

Blessings,
~Br*nze

Check this out.....

Your chance to try this popular treatment and get STRAIGHT, shiny, HEALTHY hair for months. Top salons charge hundred$$$ for the Brazilian Keratin Treatment, but you can do it at home!
Give it a shot with one of the best products on the market from the original creators of the Brazilian Keratin Treatment!

If you have curly, frizzy, dry or damaged hair, the Brazilian Keratin Treatment is the perfect solution. I have tried a number of other Keratin treatments (spending $1000+) and have discovered it's quite easy to do at home in just 1.5-2 hours while saving so much money (this procedure costs $300-$700, and the product applied may not be as good). This product is authentic, top of the line and freshly imported (exp. date 10/2010). The Brazilian Keratin Treatment (BKT) does not harm your hair, even if a chemical has treated it previously.
QOD GOLD is the latest formula made with keratin technology and 24 karat gold charged nanoparticles which use heat to bind the keratin to the hair and make it straight and shiny. Keratin is a natural substance already in hair and gives it the ability to return to its original healthy, shiny, smooth state. Unlike other products available on the market, such as relaxers, or Japanese thermal conditioning (which has high alkaline and can harm the hair structure), QOD Gold straightens hair without damaging it. Styling time will decrease dramatically and you will only need minutes to blow out your softened curls pin straight. In some cases hair is so satisfactorily straight it's wash and go. Humidity, rain or sweat will no longer affect hairstyle. Your hair will stay effortlessly beautiful hair for 2-4 months, depending on how often you wash.

Items included:

1 - 1.0 oz QOD GOLD Alchemist Mask for 1 treatment (exp. date 10/2010)
1 - 1.0 oz. Clarifying Shampoo needed for pre-treatment
2 - Safety Masks for your comfort while applying/being applied product
Detailed Instructions and Post-treatment Tips

Check out Youtube for videos: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzF4BOemXvM)
Any and all questions are welcomed.
LCHF members get 10% off and free shipping if two or more bottles are purchased. Use code LCHF.
Tis' all.
That seals the deal. Thank you for posting this, I will be ordering at least 2 oz from this vendor.... Oh happy day! :yay:

AtlantaJJ

I was hoping I'd make at least one person happy. Glad it was you, AtlantaJJ....
Your timing is impeccable my dear. I decided in the shower this morning that I was going to go for it! And I'm going to go for it this month on Memorial day weekend to be exact! Off to place my order :cowgirl:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Please let me know how it goes. You're natural, right? 4A/3C? I'm gonna take the plunge, too, but Ediesse has me wantin' some curly curls for the summer...decisions, decisions...

Your timing is impeccable my dear. I decided in the shower this morning that I was going to go for it! And I'm going to go for it this month on Memorial day weekend to be exact! Off to place my order :cowgirl:

AtlantaJJ

Please let me know how it goes. You're natural, right? 4A/3C? I'm gonna take the plunge, too, but Ediesse has me wantin' some curly curls for the summer...decisions, decisions...
I'm a natural 4 a/b with crazy shrinkage, so this should be very interesting indeed!

I need a flat iron that gets up to 450 degrees :eek:

My Sedu only goes up to 410. PinkSkates says the temp is important to bake in the treatment... :shocked:

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

I bought a Tool Science 1" at Sally's for about $60-65. It was on sale.:grin:
I got my :eye: on a
Solia Pink Limited Edition 1" Flat Iron

Its got pretty good reviews...

cutenss

I DID IT!! :yay: I BKT last night. My hair is AWESOME! I will post results on Monday after I wash. GO FOR IT GIRLS!!! You won't regret it!! I promise. :yep:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

You know this is revolutionizing the natural hair scene. This is changing how natural heads approach hair care. I think more people will consider transitioning because this treatment is now readily available.

AtlantaJJ

I DID IT!! :yay: I BKT last night. My hair is AWESOME! I will post results on Monday after I wash. GO FOR IT GIRLS!!! You won't regret it!! I promise. :yep:

Get back in here with pictures, no fair!!

We need details!!

Were you natural or relaxed? What brand did you use? How did you do that blowdry step right after clarifying, etc.etc!

cutenss

Ok girls,
I need to download the pictures from my camera. I am so excited. You talk about SWANG! OMGosh! I was told that I am a 3c/4a. I have pictures of my natural hair in a previous post. Here's that that link. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=358293&highlight= It took me about 4 hours from start to finish. I used a brand called OK (Original Keratin) Treatment. I got it from Ebay for $36.50 with free. I will use that brand. It was cheap. It came with the clarifying shampoo. Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Chocolate-Kerat...trkparms=|301:0|293:1|294:30#ebayphotohosting

Nuelle

I'm really thinking about getting this done, at least for the summer. I am transitioning and will probably BC sometime in late August/early September. I made a consultation with my stylist in Miami who uses La Braziliana for this Tuesday. I really hope this will be a good investment!

Lucky's Mom

You are the pretty Bra Lady!!!!! :giggle:

Wow... can't wait to see. I am chicken - so I won't be doing it - but I would love to see your pics!