Keratin Treatment Support Thread

Napp

Ms. Nobody
OK I took out my crochet braids because I washed them and my roots got all matted. Also some of my edges went AWOL lol. I may revisit crochet braids but get loose hair vs pre braided/twisted hair.

I botoxed my hair out of frustration. I was disappointed with how my hair looked after taking out my braids. I dont know if it was just the short length or the texture. I decided to loosen the curl to see if I like my hair better looser when short.

I used Nutree Bottoxx Expert. I washed my hair 3 times and towel dried. Then I applied the product lightly, blowdried and flat ironed with two passes at 400 degrees. I did only one pass on my looser areas. I also tried to pass a few times at the root since I have new growth.

Here are pictures:

Here is my hair wet with product right before putting in the botox. You can really see how much my hair reverted from my last treatment.
IMG_2874_50.jpg

Here is my result wet with no product right after the treatment

IMG_2875_50.jpg

Here is my hair wet with product. As you can see the application loosened my curl alot. My roots have more texture than my ends though.

IMG_2876_2_50.jpg

Here is my hair after drying with mousse. My hair went from a 3c/4a texture to a solid 3c texture.

IMG_2909_50.jpg
Here is my hair mostly dry before with mousse for reference
IMG_2889_50.jpg

So far I like the way my hair looks but I actually want it to be just a little looser. I will do the whole strand one more time before I just start touching up the roots. Here are some things I learned about using the Nutree botox:

The more product left on the strands before blow drying and flat ironing the looser the results
No more than 2 passes of the flat iron at 400 is needed for results.
Use gloves when applying!
The hair does not have to be flat ironed pin straight to get results.

I'm thinking of doing the roots every 2-4 months. I wish I used Nutree first instead of the Fox Cosmeticos brand. I will probably use the fox cosmeticos brand as a deep conditioner and use Nutree botox to loosen my curl from now on.

Theresamonet

OK I took out my crochet braids because I washed them and my roots got all matted. Also some of my edges went AWOL lol. I may revisit crochet braids but get loose hair vs pre braided/twisted hair.

I botoxed my hair out of frustration. I was disappointed with how my hair looked after taking out my braids. I dont know if it was just the short length or the texture. I decided to loosen the curl to see if I like my hair better looser when short.

I used Nutree Bottoxx Expert. I washed my hair 3 times and towel dried. Then I applied the product lightly, blowdried and flat ironed with two passes at 400 degrees. I did only one pass on my looser areas. I also tried to pass a few times at the root since I have new growth.

Here are pictures:

Here is my hair wet with product right before putting in the botox. You can really see how much my hair reverted from my last treatment.
View attachment 481261

Here is my result wet with no product right after the treatment

View attachment 481263

Here is my hair wet with product. As you can see the application loosened my curl alot. My roots have more texture than my ends though.

View attachment 481265

Here is my hair after drying with mousse. My hair went from a 3c/4a texture to a solid 3c texture.

View attachment 481267
Here is my hair mostly dry before with mousse for reference
View attachment 481269

So far I like the way my hair looks but I actually want it to be just a little looser. I will do the whole strand one more time before I just start touching up the roots. Here are some things I learned about using the Nutree botox:

The more product left on the strands before blow drying and flat ironing the looser the results
No more than 2 passes of the flat iron at 400 is needed for results.
Use gloves when applying!
The hair does not have to be flat ironed pin straight to get results.

I'm thinking of doing the roots every 2-4 months. I wish I used Nutree first instead of the Fox Cosmeticos brand. I will probably use the fox cosmeticos brand as a deep conditioner and use Nutree botox to loosen my curl from now on.

How long does it take to wear off for you? Are you expecting to have an obvious line of demarcation, to be able to do touch ups only?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
How long does it take to wear off for you? Are you expecting to have an obvious line of demarcation, to be able to do touch ups only?
It took like like 3 months to revert fully. I also wash frequently. Idk about my results any more though. I feel like I am chasing a fantasy. A part of me wants to give up and just deal with my natural texture or just get a relaxer.

Theresamonet

It took like like 3 months to revert fully. I also wash frequently. Idk about my results any more though. I feel like I am chasing a fantasy. A part of me wants to give up and just deal with my natural texture or just get a relaxer.

What are you still unhappy/struggling with?

I’m going to order some of the Nutree Botox tonight. I just to try to wear my hair straight for 2 weeks at a time without it reverting.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
What are you still unhappy/struggling with?

I’m going to order some of the Nutree Botox tonight. I just to try to wear my hair straight for 2 weeks at a time without it reverting.
Idk I think my hair looks ugly but that could be some internalized texturism I have.

it would be good if you would like to keep your hair straight. The Botox makes it very easy to blow dry and straighten.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
So another update:

I washed my hair alot this week. Probably more than I ever had before. I was doing an intense series of of product and technique trials. My hair has reverted considerably.
Redken_ABC_leave_in_and_Coily_Gelled_Oil_3_2_50.jpg

Its not 100% back to my natural texture but is pretty close. The hair still acts like botoxed hair and is not as "snappy" like it was before. It is very easy to straighten. I've decided to just wait for a while before I try anything else and give my hair a break. Will probably try KCTexture next. If that doesn't give me results I want, I may just give up and go back to natural.

If anyone is interested I'm giving away my botox treatments for free. Just pay shipping.

Kitamita

So another update:

I washed my hair alot this week. Probably more than I ever had before. I was doing an intense series of of product and technique trials. My hair has reverted considerably.
View attachment 481393

Its not 100% back to my natural texture but is pretty close. The hair still acts like botoxed hair and is not as "snappy" like it was before. It is very easy to straighten. I've decided to just wait for a while before I try anything else and give my hair a break. Will probably try KCTexture next. If that doesn't give me results I want, I may just give up and go back to natural.

If anyone is interested I'm giving away my botox treatments for free. Just pay shipping.
I'm interested

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Good morning. @Napp I’m rotating shift for the last two days and I’m all off.

I used the keratin treatment like the directions said last Saturday

The only thing that stood out was my edges felt like it burned a little. After applying it and smoothing I kept it only for 30 minutes. Then sat under the dryer on cool for 5 minutes per the directions. Then rinsed and used the mask.

My hair looked slightly elongated with the mask. I styled like normal and my hair looked like it normally does. It just felt stronger. As if I did a protein treatment.

I’m going to wash my hair again today and I’ll keep an eye out on the back to see if it’s easier to smooth there.

Attachments

• 63559DAC-7A8C-493E-ACC4-15B14F9BAFE0.jpeg
    63559DAC-7A8C-493E-ACC4-15B14F9BAFE0.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 38
  • C3AF6276-2ADA-4553-B55A-754F773FAABF.jpeg
    C3AF6276-2ADA-4553-B55A-754F773FAABF.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 38

DVAntDany

I call myself wanting to change my texture just a smidge, but I never do. I even bought Jana Cambier’s program for chemically treating hair. Crazy me is sitting with phone apps that voice translate to make sense of it all. Let’s just say Portuguese doesn’t translate so well.

Jana promotes using ammonium thioglycolate cream relaxers to reduce volume and frizz. I’ve watched several Brazilians do it and their hair is still very curly unlike traditional no lye/lye relaxers. She also talks about how to use Botox and not mess up the curl. This is why I bought it.

I found it interesting that she stresses using low pH shampoos with Botox. Since the Botox is an acid/glycolic based treatment, higher pH shampoos and stylers remove the "beautifying" result more quickly. She doesn't talk about Keratin treatments much because it seems as if they are banned or used way less because of the harmful effects. She emphasizes that Botox is a permanent chemical treatment even if it looks like one's hair reverts back. She also talks about how lifting the chemically induced tightly closed cuticle causes damage and to not use reconstructive treatments on the hair. She states that using Botox too often will cause the same issues as having very low porosity hair and moisture should be a focus.

When I get a chance, I'm going to sit down and take notes. Then I'll post them on here. Jana self taught herself then became a cosmetologist.

DVAntDany

Its interesting to see but I'm just not sold. I ended up returning my box and getting my money back. I miss the hair shows though. I might go to one next year.
Me either. She won’t say what the product does besides it’s a smoothing treatment but it’s not a smoothing treatment. She literally contradicted herself. I know the lady is marketing to stylist but all she talks about is the money that can be made. She say it allows stylist to double book and triple book while working less.

Basically it makes the stylists job easier. It’s practically no work in the service, the hair dries faster and it’s more manageability for the stylist. That is what the lady promoted.

Im not seeing how it is any different that using a Botox system and not using heat. She said it lasts about 3 weeks and that is about how long a heatless Botox will last also.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
So another update:

View attachment 481393

Here is what my hair is looking like 2 months post

IMG_3594_2_50.jpg

Still very curly but I don't think my hair will tighten up any more than it has. So far I do not notice a significant difference between the roots and ends. That may change once I grow some more hair. I think I'm done with the botox for now, I will reassess once I get to 6 months post. I thought about using the Fox Botox I initially used again. I like it better than the Nutree because it had no fumes. Still I think I need to go on a natural hair journey again and just be satisfied with the curl pattern I have.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I don’t want to go back to being fully natural so I’m looking for options. Once I get out of my wig phase I will wear my real hair out and alter the curl in some way. I’m thinking about amino acid treatments. This one caught my eye

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I've decided to transition to using Arosci's Intensive Restructuring foam. I was looking at my old posts from almost 10 years ago and the results are what I'm looking for. I hope to get better results than years ago because i have professional quality tools now and am not scared of raising the amount of heat used on my hair. I plan on using it every 2-3 months in 2023. I think going too long between treatments in 2022 caused me some breakage.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
It has been 6 months since my last treatment. Since I’ve been primarily wearing my hair in a bun I have not noticed any big texture demarcation but I do have areas that have broken up to the new growth. I finally have found a hair groove so I am going to stick with it. I don’t plan on chopping it off. I’m just going to continue to grow it out.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Here is what my hair is looking like 2 months post

View attachment 482487

Still very curly but I don't think my hair will tighten up any more than it has. So far I do not notice a significant difference between the roots and ends. That may change once I grow some more hair. I think I'm done with the botox for now, I will reassess once I get to 6 months post. I thought about using the Fox Botox I initially used again. I like it better than the Nutree because it had no fumes. Still I think I need to go on a natural hair journey again and just be satisfied with the curl pattern I have.
Here is my hair 8 months post. I have alot of new growth and my hair is significantly tighter. Th line of demarcation isn't too bad though but the differences in texture is less noticeable when I use gel vs mousse like shown here. The curl memory has returned because i can sleep on my hair and it doesn't get flat anymore. I am tempted to put an amino acid treatment on my hair because i want some more manageability. I forgot how resistant my hair can be. It seems that my new growth prefers gel stylers vs cream or mousse like my ends prefer. One thing my treated hair cant do is form twists so that is part of the reason I want to return to my natural texture.

IMG_3652_2_50.jpg

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Iim kind of frustrated with my hair. I will be doing a amino acid treatment. Which one idk… I don’t like my current texture

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Still unhappy with my hair even in the bun. I’m trying to decide if I want to get my toes wet with Arosci restructuring foam, go back to keratin with pure Brazilian clear or stick with Botox and get Nutree Afro Botox

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Idk what kind of dc my stylist uses, but I think she does an express keratin or something. My hair stays smooth for so long now. Whatever she’s using she can keep using it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
My roots are fluff and my ends are defined. I hate this. Why am I doing this to myself? Just to say I'm natural?

Here is my 9 month post update:

IMG_3706_50_2_50.jpg

Using Doux Bee Girl Gel and Crazysexycurl mousse

Compare to 2 months post Nutree Botox

IMG_3594_2_50.jpg

The product didn't even perform the same. My natural hair laughs at it. My hair looks thicker though so that's a plus.

Last edited: