Key to hair growth/type --- it's SULFUR! (LONG)

karezone

Re: Key to hair growth/type --- it\'s SULFUR! (LONG)

I am going to have to start eating my boiled eggs again. I guess it will go on Operation "Get Fine".

S

Stylepink

Great info. By the way, HoneyLemondrop, this is a stick up! Hand iver your hair and no one gets hurt!

SingingStar12

Thanks for posting this information. I'm really impressed with your detailed research.

CocoaCure

I totally agree HoneyLemonDrop!! I eat crazy stuff all the time, but as long as it's healthy and I'm getting the proper nutrients!! My sweetie and my ex always tease my because I'm still learning to cook. So I'll make/serve my little 3 year Munchkin Asparagus, wheat toast, with pretty banana slices all going around his plate in a circle, then I'll role up turkey deli meat like a tortilla and put that on the plate and then cut up strawberries in cute squares and put that in a circle in the middle of his plate and everyone - my parents everyone laughs at me and says "poor child" he's never gonna know what a real meal is". But I always say, Hey, my kid just had a green veggie, two fruits, Fiber and protein from the meat! I make sure he's getting all his proper nutrients, but yes, Mommie's meals are um..........Creative!!! Hahahahaa!

Bobbie

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
I am going to have to start eating my boiled eggs again. I guess it will go on Operation "Get Fine".

[/ QUOTE ]

You mind sharing your regime?

karezone

regime for now:

1.CWC (shampoo on scalp and conditioner on ends) 3 times per week.
2.rollerset, wrap, or blowdry (warm) using Profective Mega Growth, Elasta QP wrap foam, Care free curl, and a little Fantasia IC hair polish.
3.Take my vitamins and wear a silk scarf to bed.

Current products (subject to change):
Shampoos:
Paul Mitchell Tea tree (clarifying)
Johnson and Johnson (semi clarifying-removes some build up but not all and it is not as drying)
Cream of Nature

Conditioners:subject to change
Garnier Fructis 3 minute masque
Suave Humectant (used for conditioner washes)
Lustrasilk (moisturizing conditioner)
Joico k-pak (protein-strong)
Motions CPR (protein-moderate)

Leave ins and others: subject to change
TCB hair grease to protect ends
Fantasia IC hair polisher
Isoplus oil sheen spray, used sparingly
Profective mega growth
infusium 23-moisturizing
Care Free curl
Elasta QP foaming wrap and set

My routine is currently in limbo because I am away at school and have currently run out of many of these products but I will be spending winter break at home so that should give me plenty of time to replenish my store and to revamp my regime.

I use the Joico K-pack about every 5-6 weeks because it is strong.
I use the Paul Mitchell every 2.5-3 weeks to remove build up.
I use the Johnson and Johnson once a week and the rest of the time I use Cream of Nature.

I will most likely be replacing the cream of nature because it is causing extreme build up problems.

Brownie

Re: Key to hair growth/type --- it\'s SULFUR! (LONG

[ QUOTE ]
BLESSED1 said:
Interesting...it's too bad I can't take MSM (I'm allergic to sulfur drugs), but I'll keep eating eggs on a daily basis. Thanks for the info!

[/ QUOTE ]

Blessed1, I BELIEVE---in my very humble opinion, that organic sulfur/MSM is different from sulfur drugs. Even if you are allergic to sulfur drugs, you should have no problem with MSM because they're not the same thing.

"One may be allergic to the sulfa, sulfide and sulfate forms of the sulfur family. These are the ones used as components of drugs and preservatives. Sulfonyl is also in the sulfur family, however, it is a nutritional form of sulfur and you cannot be allergic to it. (quoted from on-line article on MSM).

Someone feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. By the way, everyone needs a certain amount of sulfur each day. "MSM is contained in most foods, but its sulfur content is usually lost due to processing and cooking. Also, the sulfur content in plants can be unreliabe due to soil deficiencies...it is estimated that the body uses 1/8 teaspoon of this essential substance each day...because sulfur is stored in every cell of the body, MSM supplementation is essential..." [from on-line article---if you want to know the addresses-PM me)

Super_Hero_Girl

This is very interesting, thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbie said:
issues".)[/b]
(Well, back to studying. I know my parents didn't send me to college to learn how my hair works!
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh and I know what you mean. I'm getting of of this page right now and finishing my paper!

Isis

Thank you Bobbie for this great thread! I'm learning so much!

asummertyme

that is awsome info!!! thnx for resurching this for us....
makes me wanna take my suppliments.....i need motivation from time 2 time...lol

Bobbie

The Beauty Mineral for Hair, Skin and Nails

Sulfur has been called nature's "beauty mineral" because it is needed to keep the hair glossy and smooth and keeps the complexion clear and youthful. It is needed for synthesis of collagen and is prevalent in keratin, a tough protein substance necessary for health and maintenance of the skin, nails and hair.

Sulfur acts as a synthesizer and activator of thiamine (b-complex), vitamin C, biotin and pantothenic acid (also part of b-complex vitamins).

MSM comes from the ocean and is a prime source of bio-available sulfur. This type of sulfur is lost from our food because of storage, processing, drying, cooking and preserving. MSM is an important food (not a drug or medicine) and carries on many roles in the body, including the stimulation of the growth of healthy skin, hair and nails.

MSM is neither a medicine nor a drug. It is a member of the sulfur family but should never be confused with sulfa drugs, to which some people are allergic.

MSM has been used as a dietary supplement for several years, with no reports of intolerance or allergic reaction. Within limits, you cannot overdose with MSM because the body will take and use whatever it needs, and after one 12-hour period, will flush and excess amounts from the body.

HTH!

Peachtree

THIS WAS WONDERFUL RESEARCH
Girl, ur on the ball
!!!

Some time ago, I created a thread "If U don't already know eggs make ur hair grow", after speaking with a clerk in my local health food store... she had waist length hair & stated that she ate eggs daily... I forgot how many

Anywho, I absolutely hate eggs
... & I can't swallow pills
.... powder, liquid (& sum chewable) supplements makes me shudder
.... Onions & garlic I luv
... but I may run hubby away with my breath
!

Ok, I'm just ramblin' now

Thanks again for the very informative thread
Lemme give u some stars for this!

Victorian

old head

Go Bobbie!
Thanks for bringing everything together in one thread for us and doing so much research
I need to up my sulfur intake...

Thanks for the research. If anyone still gets an allergic reaction from taking MSM orally, you might want to try taking it topically. There is a recipe for MSM Conditioner on the recipe board. (You can also put it in your shampoo and leave-in.)

Beloved

Bobbie, this is awesome research! When I was lurking and reading about ladies have mucho success with msm--my first thought was SULFUR. Eggs-sulfur. But then, people said Biotin and I got thrown off. Thanks for the research!

Now that I can finally do protective styles (and I know the vits to focus in on), I think that 2004 will be my year to grow (and retain) more than 6 inches! Woo-hoo!

Thank you

melvytx

Blessed1, I BELIEVE---in my very humble opinion, that organic sulfur/MSM is different from sulfur drugs. Even if you are allergic to sulfur drugs, you should have no problem with MSM because they're not the same thing.

Brownie, this is what I thought. I was prescribed sulfa a few months back and had a really bad breakout. After reading blessed1 post I thought to myself, "But I use to take MSM with no problems". Thanks for clearing this up.

melvytx