Keys to discovering your purpose

alexstin

I know many times we as believers struggle with our reason for being. Here's info that I got from a conference which really helps you to discover your gifts(purpose).:)

1. Deepest desire
2. Deepest passion
3. What makes me angry?
4. What ideas persist in my mind?
5. What do I constantly imagine myself doing?
6. What do I wish I could do for humanity?
7. What are my reoccurring daydreams?
8. What brings me greatest fulfillment?
9. What could I do for no money?
10. What would I rather be doing?

Action Steps

1. Spend time alone and think
2. Write your desires and visions down
3. Buy books and resources on the subject
4. Identify people to help you
5. Identify opportunities to learn about the area
6. Develop and prepare your dream
7. Offer to serve your gift as a volunteer

God wants you to know why you were created. We are all leaders it just needs to be developed in most of us because we've been taught for so long that only a few lead and the rest are followers. Not true! You have an area of gifting that God put inside of you that He wants to release into the world. We go all over searching for who we are but God out it within us. We just need to discover it, develop it and use it to preach the Gospel to the ends of the earth.

Have you ever been jealous or envious of someone? Once you realize that God has prepared a place just for you, before you were even born that feeling leaves. Knowing that God has a specific assignment for you means you're not in competition with anyone else. I know what God has called me to do so I don't feel the need to be in anyone else's shoes.

Remember when the 2 disciples mother came to Jesus and requested that He have one sit at His right and one at His left. Jesus said in Mark 10:40 "It is not mine to give, but it shall be given to whom it has been prepared." God has prepared a special place for you. Discover it and walk in it.

Be blessed!:)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
alexstin said:
I know many times we as believers struggle with our reason for being. Here's info that I got from a conference which really helps you to discover your gifts(purpose).:)

1. Deepest desire
2. Deepest passion
3. What makes me angry?
4. What ideas persist in my mind?
5. What do I constantly imagine myself doing?
6. What do I wish I could do for humanity?
7. What are my reoccurring daydreams?
8. What brings me greatest fulfillment?
9. What could I do for no money?
10. What would I rather be doing?

Action Steps

1. Spend time alone and think
2. Write your desires and visions down
3. Buy books and resources on the subject
4. Identify people to help you
5. Identify opportunities to learn about the area
6. Develop and prepare your dream
7. Offer to serve your gift as a volunteer

God wants you to know why you were created. We are all leaders it just needs to be developed in most of us because we've been taught for so long that only a few lead and the rest are followers. Not true! You have an area of gifting that God put inside of you that He wants to release into the world. We go all over searching for who we are but God out it within us. We just need to discover it, develop it and use it to preach the Gospel to the ends of the earth.

Have you ever been jealous or envious of someone? Once you realize that God has prepared a place just for you, before you were even born that feeling leaves. Knowing that God has a specific assignment for you means you're not in competition with anyone else. I know what God has called me to do so I don't feel the need to be in anyone else's shoes.

Remember when the 2 disciples mother came to Jesus and requested that He have one sit at His right and one at His left. Jesus said in Mark 10:40 "It is not mine to give, but it shall be given to whom it has been prepared." God has prepared a special place for you.

Discover it and walk in it.

Be blessed!:)

And be not afraid to 'walk' in it. Provision will always follow with each step you take. Fear no man, for no one can stop what God has called you to do.

And when God speaks...

"take heed", as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: (2 Peter 1:19)

The Day Star is Jesus...who lights the paths unknown. ;)