Khamit Kinks suggestion

hada7

I was watching Glow yesterday on I think it was style or E! channel. Something like that but anyway, they got to a segment talking about getting braids.

When they got to the ends of the segment about care for the braids, the lady stated to oil the scalp with their Khamit oil every few nights and put a COTTON scarf on to protect it. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Now I would think that someone like her would know better. My mother, sister and I fussed at her about it through the T.V. screen. LOL!

.........Or was it an unethical thing she just stated? (IN order for people to keep buying the oil, she would tell people to put cotton on to soak it up.)

Hada

hairfanatic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
When they got to the ends of the segment about care for the braids, the lady stated to oil the scalp with their Khamit oil every few nights and put a COTTON scarf on to protect it.
Now I would think that someone like her would know better. My mother, sister and I fussed at her about it through the T.V. screen. LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fuss too. I can't imagine blocking my pores like that. They are already blocked with the braids.

LondonDiva

Hairfanactic.

I would say it depends on the individual's scalp. My hair drinks up oil and would think nothing if I was to apply lightly some oil daily. Bear in mind though I couldn't do it for a straight week but with braids or not I was my hair twice a week. Some people's scalps produce oil with no problem so they don't really need to oil it.

But for me personally oil when wearing braids does not mix at all.

H

HoneyRockette

I had a braider tell me that a few years ago without trying to sell me oil. They said silk and satin scarves disturb the braid pattern. Cotton maintains the style better, they said.

Norma

I saw the same segment, I was confused about the cotton scarf comment and as well as how ofter to shampoo.. Every 3 weeks /images/graemlins/confused.gif