Kinky twist hair for BRAIDS

Chameleonchick

l currently I put kinky twists in my hair, but I know I'm going to get bored of them in two weeks, and it seems like they become undone so I was thinking of using the kinky twist hair for braids instead. Its not the Marley braid its the Afro Soul Bulk by femi, Nice texture, soft like real hair. I only thought of this because I have a little over 1 and a half packs left of it. And thats what I used for this.

Last edited:

InnerSoul

I say try it and see. You may find that it is pretty! I bet it will be a cute style. Just have your stylist do one to see if that is what you won't, and if not just get the twists again.

I have only used kinky twists hair for twists and luckily they didn't get too loose.

Chameleonchick

Oh I did these myself. I just want something that will hold up better. I usually do braids with Kanekalon hair. But My husband is in the field and I have a toddler and a baby to take care of by myself, my free time is very limited.

InnerSoul

Oh I did these myself. I just want something that will hold up better. I usually do braids with Kanekalon hair. But My husband is in the field and I have a toddler and a baby to take care of by myself, my free time is very limited.

well girl if you do them your self then go ahead and try it out. I personally think they will be fine.

Tamrin

unapologetic

What kind of hair do you use for the twists that are not holding up. I do them myself also. the ones I currently have are long like mid back. They never come undone unless I take them out. Do you hot water the ends. I use perm rods smalls one to do it.

AfroKink

I've thought about doing this, but braiding takes so much longer than twisting does. Anyways, the "kinky twist' hair is to mimic real kinky hair. I think braids with the kinky twist hair will look great!

Lys

Chameleonchick

What kind of hair do you use for the twists that are not holding up. I do them myself also. the ones I currently have are long like mid back. They never come undone unless I take them out. Do you hot water the ends. I use perm rods smalls one to do it.

At first I tried the Marley braid hair by Model Model, I didn't like it maybe the hair was too thick(there was already sectioned hair in the pack), this time I'm using Afro soul bulk 24" by Femi Collection, really pretty hair its a kanekalon and toykalon mix, I used hot water both times. The end have the curls on it, but What i mean is my hair where it end in the twist wants to come out. Whereas when I put braids in I can keeps my ends from showing. But I think the Kinky twist style is really I hot I just hate that it seems not to work with me. I just feel if I wash it, then my hair will become really noticable.

Chameleonchick

I've thought about doing this, but braiding takes so much longer than twisting does. Anyways, the "kinky twist' hair is to mimic real kinky hair. I think braids with the kinky twist hair will look great!

Lys

Thank you, thats why I love kinky twist hair too.