• Starting Kniky twist with a twist

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
which do you prefer:

1. Starting twist with a twist or

2. Starting with a braid.

Which is easier and faster do do and which is better for your hair.

I plan on doing my next set myself and I have been practicing with the set someone else did both way so that when I do my whole head I will be quicker and faster.

TIA

In the Poll the second option should be starting with a braid. I don't know how to edit a poll or if we can edit a poll

Last edited:

TracyNicole

I agree. I prefer to start with a braid so the twist is more secure which means I have to re-twist/fuss with it less.

Leonora

I've tried both and I definitely prefer starting with a braid. It's neater at the scalp and when I wash it, it doesn't unravel as quickly.

mstar

Luxury bacon
I like to start with a braid for all the reasons above, and also because it makes the style look less bulky.

faithVA

I prefer to start with a twist. Removal is fast and easy. However when you are starting out it takes more practice to do to keep them from slipping. Even with slippage I prefer starting with a twist because of the decreased removal time.

cutiebe2

This is interesting. I am going to be DIYing my Senegalese twist in a few months. I've always had them done starting with the twist and I live it that way. Now I'm worried I won't be able to do that myself. Hate the look of braid at the root to be honest. I I'll need to start practicing.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Really? I would think it would it be easier to take down if you started with twists as the above poster said.

I thought so too. They weren't even left in long, may be 4 weeks. I'm going to try it again with twist at the root. May be I did something wrong the first time. My hair was really intertwined with the extension hair.

Last edited: