KiyaFizzle with Epsom Salt instead of Reg. Salt

carameldiva

Verdict- It's like Butter baby!!!!

So- I don't have any reg. salt at home but I was determined to try KiyaFizzle. I substituted Epsom Salt for reg. salt and voila. I got the softest hair and it detangled so gently and easily. this recipe is now a keeper and it will be doing it more often.

For those that don't know- KiyaFizzle- is adding 1 tsp (?) of salt to 8 oz of conditioner.

Oh and I'm a natural 3c/4a.

adw425

I do this, too...It leaves me with just the softest hair, but the miracle is in how it detangles.

JustKiya

:woot: I'm so glad it worked for you caramelDiva!!!! I didn't know you did it that way too, ADW!! *makes mental note*

Have you tried it with table salt as well Adw? Which do you feel works better?

JustKiya

What do you mean by leftovers, wonderstar? You mix the salt in the conditioner, and then use that as a treatment.....

JustKiya

She means if U mix the salt in the bottle, will it remain good.:grin:

:duh: Oooooh, thank you! :lol: I never even thought of that.

I don't know - since I always adulterate my conditioners, I mix it up at the moment. Sounds like carameldiva is having success with that, though.

JustKiya

Yea what if I mix an 8oz batch and only use 5 oz., can I use the remainder the following week?

I don't see why not..... *thinks* I almost always use 10-12 oz of con at a time :)look:) so I never have anything left over. :lachen: I can't see the salt being mixed in changing it MORE over time. :ohwell:

adw425

:woot: I'm so glad it worked for you caramelDiva!!!! I didn't know you did it that way too, ADW!! *makes mental note*

Have you tried it with table salt as well Adw? Which do you feel works better?

Sorry, I am just now seeing this. It works differently. The salt does give that extra moisture ooommph, but epsom salt has different properties and provides different benefits to the hair and scalp, but I have been giving my hair an occasional bath in epsom salt for about three years. I have only just now started adding it to conditioner and it has the same effect -- soft, fluffy hair with lots of body that requires no detangling at all. I am always able to run my hands right through it, which was phenomenal, particulary considering that my splits were pretty bad. They are all gone now (much shorter hair now, too) but I they were really holding me back.

wonderstar

I don't see why not..... *thinks* I almost always use 10-12 oz of con at a time :)look:) so I never have anything left over. :lachen: I can't see the salt being mixed in changing it MORE over time. :ohwell:

Wow girl that's alot of conditioner for each use....you definitely can't afford to subscribe to healthytextures:lachen::lachen:

adw425

I use alot of conditioner too at a pop, but I have alot of conditioner that I buy from Dollar Tree, Big Lots, Marshalls -- great ingredients and always on the cheap.

MJ

Why do you ladies keeping posting these threads? I want to try this sooooo much, and seeing this thread just makes me :drool:. I have cornrows in and will keep them until Thanksgiving weekend. I have many things lined up to do after take down: another henna treatment, another bentonite clay treatment, and Kiyafizzle for the first time :yay:. It's going to be a hair spa weekend :gorgeous:.

Thanks for sharing. You ladies are so creative. It's awesome. I learn so much from this site :yep:.

Nice & Wavy

It give you light, fluffy hair too with loads of body and bounce...

Girl, you are so right. I find that my hair is at its best when I do the KiyaFizzle...whether I wear my hair curly or straight...light, bouncy, fluffy hair!

I have to try it with the Epsom salt next time!