Knee Length Reveal.... *le sigh*

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Very pretty hair. My dd's call this kind of length princess hair.

I think some heads can take just about any kind of product. I don't think it's her regimen and specific products as much as just the loving care she and her mom give her hair. I know my hair grew it's longest when I was a child and my parents used the most reviled products on LHCF (pink lotion, jergens hand lotion, vaseline, old fashioned grease). But my parents also took very good care of my hair and it thrived.

I also think (ducks head for unpopular opinion) that genetics play a role in such extreme length. My texture is very similar to hers and I consider my hair longish. However, try as I might, I don't think I'd ever reach these lengths.

Neith

I think some heads can take just about any kind of product. I don't think it's her regimen and specific products as much as just the loving care she and her mom give her hair. I know my hair grew it's longest when I was a child and my parents used the most reviled products on LHCF (pink lotion, jergens hand lotion, vaseline, old fashioned grease). But my parents also took very good care of my hair and it thrived.

I also think (ducks head for unpopular opinion) that genetics play a role in such extreme length. My texture is very similar to hers and I consider my hair longish. However, try as I might, I don't think I'd ever reach these lengths.

I don't find anything to be controversial about that. It's a fact.

Your terminal length is genetic - everyone has a point where the longest, oldest hair sheds. Hair will not continue to gain length forever, you must shed sometime.

Nope, not everyone (regardless of ethnicity) can reach knee length.

However, most people can have long hair :)

Nasdaq_Diva

Gorgeous hair! I can only imagine how long bottles of shampoo and conditioner lasts her. Off to watch more vids!

MadisonK

I agree 100%. This little girl's hair is breathtaking! She's blessed for sure.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll Jr. has a new goal.

Thanks for posting, you guys!
Bonus: Simple works for us, juuuuust fine.

Knee length, we're coming for ya~

blackbarbietea

Goodness gracious great balls of fire. :thud:

Not only has she achieved great lengths, she's maintained the health of the hair from root to tip. It doesn't look cousin it-ish, it doesn't taper off into stringy ends, it doesn't even look like it's huge burden to manage...she has veritable princess hair! :reddancer:

LMAO WHO MAKES THESE FREAKING CRAZY EMOTICONS LMAO!!!!

blackbarbietea

Looks like I'm a candidate cuz my Great Grandma's hair was past HL. woo. -jumps in line-

CurlyMoo

WOW, she grew so much from the last time I saw her. I don't think it's the Vasoline and Nexus that's growing it long it's how she's using it and the fact that her hair is just being cared for and kept moisturized. Plus a heaping dose of low manipulation. I also see she uses olive oil which is great. I used to use vasoline but I'm more into the natural oils now.

I'm growing my hair that long and it's good to see someone achieve that. Every race except Black has women in abundance with hair down to their butts and beyond. We need to see more Black women with hair that long. Great Job!

dyh080

Every race except Black has women in abundance with hair down to their butts and beyond. We need to see more Black women with hair that long. Great Job!

So true...EVERY race except Black women, with few exceptions, thus we are talking about it in this thread. So based on everything I have read on this thread, it seems most people here believe that if we protective style, give our hair loving care, do everything to retain every inch, we still may not be able to achieve the length of other women due to TERMINAL LENGTH /genetics???? So black women must have , on average, a much shorter terminal length than other women?????? Sorry, not buying it.

Neith

So true...EVERY race except Black women, with few exceptions, thus we are talking about it in this thread. So based on everything I have read on this thread, it seems most people here believe that if we protective style, give our hair loving care, do everything to retain every inch, we still may not be able to achieve the length of other women due to TERMINAL LENGTH /genetics???? So black women must have , on average, a much shorter terminal length than other women?????? Sorry, not buying it.

I don't believe that at all. :)

That's why I said... regardless of ethnicity not everyone can grow hair to their knees, but most people - again, regardless of ethnicity - can have long hair down their back.

It's genetic whether any person can get to super long lengths like knees, ankles, etc...

Sure, other black women are capable besides this young lady, but not everyone can. Probably many others. but percentage wise... it's a much smaller amount of people who can grow super duper long hair like that.

ActionActress

I must concur with this.

AA

Edit: with so many Black women doing damage to their hair...how do we know...even within families what is terminal length? I think we as black women have to stop selling ourselves short(pun intended). :ohwell:

Last edited:

Neith

I really don't see where anyone said that black women can't reach extreme lengths in this thread. :ohwell:

No one said anything about black women specifcally.

Someone pointed out that their hair doesn't seem like it'd get to knee length.

I said that not everyone can get to knee length, whether you are white, black, asian, latina, or of any other ethnic origin.
:perplexed

Don't see how that translates into black women having shorter terminal lengths.

Last edited:

dyh080

@ Neith You didn't HAVE to say it......generally black women do not achieve that length thus the video and a thread 4+ pages long.

detroitdiva

I enjoyed the video, but I wished she would have like made the video were it didnt look so fake like. I dunno but something about this video was definately off.

jupitermoon

I agree with @Neith and @wavezncurlz. Knee length hair is uncommon regardless of race. I recall reading that most people can achieve waist length to classic length hair. Knee length is considered an extreme length that most won't reach.

I still feel inspired by this girl's hair because she is the first person of African descent that I've ever seen with loose, non dred locked knee length hair. It gives me hope. Also, you'll be surprised how long your hair can grow. My hair now reaches a little below the top my pants pockets and this is the longest it has ever been in my entire life. Just last year I would have never thought my hair would one day touch my butt. So you never know.

I think if more Black women knew how to properly care for their hair you would see a lot more waist length and longer hair. Waist length hair is not super long and is a length many if not most people regardless of race can reach.

Neith

@ Neith You didn't HAVE to say it......generally black women do not achieve that length thus the video and a thread 4+ pages long.

Generally black women don't achieve BSL or waist length.... but we know that's mostly because of improper care.

Isn't that what this board is all about? With proper care and knowledge, any healthy black woman can achieve long hair... or their teminal length if they choose.

Yep, black women can have knee length hair too. Obviously.

It's rare for ANYONE to be able to get to those extremely long lengths though. To get to knee length, you have to have an above average anagen phase. Which is a fact.

It's not a racial issue. A (relatively) small percentage of the population (the HUMAN population) has extremely long growing cycles.

Hair down the back - achievable for most people.

Hair to your knees and beyond - only a certain percentage of people have the genes for that.

I dunno. I just don't see how anything wrong or discouraging was said in this thread. I feel like I was just misunderstood even though I spoke plainly

*shrugs* No biggie.

pureebony

all i know race or not- i want that length!!!!

mind you did anyone see the 3 recipes her mother made? did anyone notice how this girl is being fed? there were lots of vegs fish etc and greens as much as its hard to like are a huge factor in hair health.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict

Generally black women don't achieve BSL or waist length.... but we know that's mostly because of improper care.

Isn't that what this board is all about? With proper care and knowledge, any healthy black woman can achieve long hair... or their teminal length if they choose.

Yep, black women can have knee length hair too. Obviously.

It's rare for ANYONE to be able to get to those extremely long lengths though. To get to knee length, you have to have an above average anagen phase. Which is a fact.

It's not a racial issue. A (relatively) small percentage of the population (the HUMAN population) has extremely long growing cycles.

Hair down the back - achievable for most people.

Hair to your knees and beyond - only a certain percentage of people have the genes for that.

I dunno. I just don't see how anything wrong or discouraging was said in this thread. I feel like I was just misunderstood even though I spoke plainly

*shrugs* No biggie.

Neith - I totally agree with you . I just didn't say it as clearly. The bolded says it all.

And to be clear, to anyone else, I said genetics not race. Of course AA women can have extra long hair. I have seen my cousin cut her extra long hair in a buzz cut every summer, only to have it at waistlength the next summer (and trust me, she still uses that heavy BLUE grease).

SEMO

I am in awe. Lovely hair, and thick from root to tip. I can't imagine the dedication it takes to grow hair to that length. Awesome accomplishment. :yep:

dyh080

Neith - I totally agree with you . I just didn't say it as clearly. The bolded says it all.

And to be clear, to anyone else, I said genetics not race. Of course AA women can have extra long hair. I have seen my cousin cut her extra long hair in a buzz cut every summer, only to have it at waistlength the next summer (and trust me, she still uses that heavy BLUE grease).

Yep... looks like "the heavy blue grease", petrolatum, or petroleum is a common denominator for the video girl and your cousin.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I friended her for the short time she was on LHCF. She was a wonderful lady :yep: Wow! Her daughter's hair got even longer! Gorgeous! I had a wonderful dream last night that my hair was but length (le sigh) Now I see this! :love:

blackbarbietea

WOW, she grew so much from the last time I saw her. I don't think it's the Vasoline and Nexus that's growing it long it's how she's using it and the fact that her hair is just being cared for and kept moisturized. Plus a heaping dose of low manipulation. I also see she uses olive oil which is great. I used to use vasoline but I'm more into the natural oils now.

I'm growing my hair that long and it's good to see someone achieve that. Every race except Black has women in abundance with hair down to their butts and beyond. We need to see more Black women with hair that long. Great Job!
What do you mean low manipulation? Does she do buns and braids? I was kinda looking to see if she had anything like that.

Neith

What do you mean low manipulation? Does she do buns and braids? I was kinda looking to see if she had anything like that.

In older vids I remember she did wear buns, braids, bantu knots. Lots of styles, many of them protective.

She had a cornrow video up last time I looked.