Knotless Box-braids

momi

I am loving these knotless box braids. The look is much more natural without the knot and the braids seem to be much more fluid than the knotted ones. Years ago these were pretty popular, but I'm having trouble finding a braider in my area that offers them.

This braider is in NY - I'm thinking about booking a flight.

momi

I've been searching for years for a braider who knows how to do this technique with no success. I first learned of the knotless braids from growafrohairlong.com (crown and glory). I see the website is no longer available :-(

What state are you in?

BlackMasterPiece

I see this is starting to trend right now, I like both kinds of braids.

I know exactly how to do these kinds of braids but I am not the fastest braider lol braids the size in the OP would take me like 12 hrs to do smh. I like the finish of them, very natural looking. This technique has much less tension, I wonder if they last as long as the knotted kind. Looks like I'm gonna have to try it and see for myself.

ETA: I absolutely love how easily they move in any direction from day 1:love:

Last edited:

momi

I see this is starting to trend right now, I like both kinds of braids.

I know exactly how to do these kinds of braids but I am not the fastest braider lol braids the size in the OP would take me like 12 hrs to do smh. I like the finish of them, very natural looking. This technique has much less tension, I wonder if they last as long as the knotted kind. Looks like I'm gonna have to try it and see for myself.

ETA: I absolutely love how easily they move in any direction from day 1:love:

The braids probably don't look neat for as long as the knotted ones - on her IG she has pics of clients that have had theirs for a while. Even though they aren't as neat, the braids still have a very natural and organic look.

I've never seen or heard of these, but now I want them for my next box braid install. They don't look tight or heavy. Thanks for sharing this.

Your'e welcome. I have an appointment next month with someone in ATL. Hopefully they turn out as nice as the ones by mshairandhumor!

WaistLengthDreams

The braids probably don't look neat for as long as the knotted ones - on her IG she has pics of clients that have had theirs for a while. Even though they aren't as neat, the braids still have a very natural and organic look.

Your'e welcome. I have an appointment next month with someone in ATL. Hopefully they turn out as nice as the ones by mshairandhumor!

Yes, please report back on how they hold up and everything else.

momi

I've noticed many stylists are increasing their prices for knotless. I'm sure the process is more time consuming and also the demand is high.

My first set was $225 but the braids were too long. I should have asked for mid back and not waist length.