Knotless Braids

oneastrocurlie

I just took mine down after 7 weeks. I'm sitting under the dryer now with pre-poo. What did ya'll use to detangle your knots after take down?

Same diy spritz I used to moisturize my braids made up of water, rose water, aloe Vera juice and tea tree oil. I took down a few braids. Sprayed that through the section and detangled with my fingers first then a wide tooth comb. I kept my hair in sections as I went.

Once a finished getting them all out I detangled again with water and a little bit of conditioner. Did my regular wash day routine from there. Shampoo, DC, etc.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Is it the braider's technique maybe?? I feel you on not wanting to go smaller.

It is the braider's technique. I realized this as I was taking my braids out. Some braids were frizzy, while others were slipping. The braider I want to try charges $395 for smedium braids. Even though it's a full service shop (includes wash and condition), I don't want to pay that much. I don't know it the price point is worth it.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I got my first set for 2021 done last week.

It took her less than 4 hours because they are medium in size vs the small ones I got last summer.

I decided to try some color since I've never gone light.. ever..
and we are in the middle of a pandemic so best time to experiment. I love them.

20210130_114910.jpg
click photo to enlarge

This is my second time getting knotless braids. They are so light and pain/tension- free.
My plan is to keep them in for 7 weeks. Take them out, give my hair a break and TLC for a month or two and get them again.

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

I got my first set for 2021 done last week.

It took her less than 4 hours because they are medium in size vs the small ones I got last summer.

I decided to try some color since I've never gone light.. ever..
and we are in the middle of a pandemic so best time to experiment. I love them.

View attachment 468683
click photo to enlarge

This is my second time getting knotless braids. They are so light and pain/tension- free.
My plan is to keep them in for 7 weeks. Take them out, give my hair a break and TLC for a month or two and get them again.
Very cute!