Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

Ogoma

faithVA said:
She said my current products are fine. I told her I was using the Deva Curl line and the AO conditioners. She didn't see any problem with that. I don't have much in my stash as you know. Everything in my stash is free of the stuff she said to avoid : petro, min. oil, sulfates, parabens and cones. My hair rejected all that stuff long ago, so I ditched it.

So I will keep using the same thing. But the good news is that I don't have to avoid regular proteins so I can use many more products :yay: So now I can try some stuff and it won't be so hard to shop.

But she did say don't use more than 2 leave in products on my hair at a time.

Did she say why you couldn't use more than 2 at a time and why?

yodie

Thanks to all the ladies for sharing your results. I've been reading this thread as I've had my hair looked at under a scope and like you faithVA, my strands were severely heat damaged. I had been going to the salon and doing my own hair. Stylist swore that my hair was just a little dry. I cut because I HATE taking care of or trying to take care of damaged hair that needs to be cut. So, I cut and I've been wiggin' it since January. I still have to get rid of some splits here or there, but I have a much healthier head of hair.

This analysis sounds great. I've been shooting in the dark for years. The analysis I got was free, but it didn't come with a product recommendation, or as much detailed info as this one. So, I'm going to order this analysis within the next week or so and learn how to better take care of my own hair.

coyacoy

faithVA said:
No she didn't. I don't even know how she would be able to tell that. I tried to understand what coyacoy said but I didn't understand.

Lol sorry i got nothin..maybe the pic will help. I'm at work on my phone but when i get a minute i'll pull it up on my pc and post

faithVA

Did she say why you couldn't use more than 2 at a time and why?

I finally read the report she sent me this morning. She said that due to my hair being low porosity, trying to use more than two products would lead to build up and would cause my hair to feel dry and brittle. Because I have such a low absorption rate of products, my hair should do much better using small quanties of 1 or no more than 2 products. If I have to use more than that I need to find different products.

I don't use more than 2 products. If I try to use more than 2 my hair will either be greasy or sticky. I learned that the hard way.

Ogoma

faithVA said:
I finally read the report she sent me this morning. She said that due to my hair being low porosity, trying to use more than two products would lead to build up and would cause my hair to feel dry and brittle. Because I have such a low absorption rate of products, my hair should do much better using small quanties of 1 or no more than 2 products. If I have to use more than that I need to find different products.

I don't use more than 2 products. If I try to use more than 2 my hair will either be greasy or sticky. I learned that the hard way.

Okay. I thought you meant more than 2 leave-ins in rotation, but it is more than 2 at the same time.

Interesting. I am lo-po as well and use 2 or 3 - leave-in, oil, and styler- at a time. Maybe I can elimante the oil, although I only use a dime-size amount for my whole head. Interesting.

I am going to email and if she will do this for someone in Canada.

Onhergrind09

I've been stalking this thread and I've decided to take the leap and go ahead and purchase. coyacoy I remember you mentioning earlier in this thread some sort of reference code so that you can get points? If you will tell me what that is I will be happy to include it when I'm purchasing. I'm so excited, I've always wanted a professional to tell me about my hair instead of a stylist just guessing at what's going on :).

coyacoy

I've been stalking this thread and I've decided to take the leap and go ahead and purchase. coyacoy I remember you mentioning earlier in this thread some sort of reference code so that you can get points? If you will tell me what that is I will be happy to include it when I'm purchasing. I'm so excited, I've always wanted a professional to tell me about my hair instead of a stylist just guessing at what's going on :).
Onhergrind09 - thanks very much!! The code is VTWQCXMP.

Thanks again; and please be sure to keep us updated on your analysis results :)

coyacoy

So I log into my personal email today and to my surprise found the following email from Rene, the Komaza Care person who did my analysis! BEST customer service ever!!! virtuenow and faithVA - in my response to her I asked her if she could explain how she was able to estimate my monthly growth rate, so I'll keep you posted :yep:

It's been about a month since we discussed you hair analysis. I wanted to follow up with you to see how you were doing and to see if I could assist you with anything or answer any questions for you.

I also wanted to remind you that in two months you should send in your second hair sample so we can see if you are still on the right track. I am excited about your next analysis as I can't wait to see your hair in perfect condition.

I also would like you to know that by the end of August you will be able to view your results in your customer profile on our website. This will also allow you to order another hair analysis for only 35.00 if you would like to within a year of your initial hair analysis order.

If you have any questions or concerns I would love to talk with you. Just reply with the best day and time you would like to talk and I will be sure to contact you. Also if you have any suggestions on how we could make your Hair Analysis experience any better we would love and hear it.

Thank you and I am looking forward to hearing from you!

faithVA

So I log into my personal email today and to my surprise found the following email from Rene, the Komaza Care person who did my analysis! BEST customer service ever!!! @virtuenow and @faithVA - in my response to her I asked her if she could explain how she was able to estimate my monthly growth rate, so I'll keep you posted :yep:

It's been about a month since we discussed you hair analysis. I wanted to follow up with you to see how you were doing and to see if I could assist you with anything or answer any questions for you.

I also wanted to remind you that in two months you should send in your second hair sample so we can see if you are still on the right track. I am excited about your next analysis as I can't wait to see your hair in perfect condition.

I also would like you to know that by the end of August you will be able to view your results in your customer profile on our website. This will also allow you to order another hair analysis for only 35.00 if you would like to within a year of your initial hair analysis order.

If you have any questions or concerns I would love to talk with you. Just reply with the best day and time you would like to talk and I will be sure to contact you. Also if you have any suggestions on how we could make your Hair Analysis experience any better we would love and hear it.

Thank you and I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Nice. This is getting better and better. So in a year I can get a new analysis. That is nice. I hope I don't need it though :yep:

Onhergrind09

coyacoy, I just placed my order and I used the referral code so you should be seeing it reflected in your account soon. Thank you for turning me on to this, I'm so excited to hear what they will have to say.

LaidBak

Well, I just ordered mine. coyacoy thank you for the discount code.
One question...when y'all say that we have to provide clean shed hairs, do you mean ONLY hair that has the root bulb attached, that are clean because they were shed during a wash? Or do you just mean any hairs that come off our head on wash day (broken or shed)?

coyacoy

coyacoy, I just placed my order and I used the referral code so you should be seeing it reflected in your account soon. Thank you for turning me on to this, I'm so excited to hear what they will have to say.
Onhergrind09 - that is great news!!! so excited for you and can't wait to hear about your results. :)

thank you again so much for using my referral code!! I am going to put them toward a new bottle of the Matani Strengther :) I'm down to my last application; after this weekend it will be gone. Perfect timing to re-up !

faithVA

Well, I just ordered mine. @coyacoy thank you for the discount code.
One question...when y'all say that we have to provide clean shed hairs, do you mean ONLY hair that has the root bulb attached, that are clean because they were shed during a wash? Or do you just mean any hairs that come off our head on wash day (broken or shed)?

I sent any hairs that came out during wash day. She probably has a better way of separating them than I do.

coyacoy

LaidBak - thanks for using the code!!! Woot! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that; and thanks to you both for rembering :)

I just sent in whatever came out of my head after I washed it - whether it broke off or came from the root. I don't think you have to decipher - just make sure they are clean and the paperwork should instruct you to wrap it in saran wrap prior to mailing back as well.

coyacoy

And I didn't even realize that you also get 5% off your first order when you use my code! #winning :)

LaidBak

I didn't realize there was a discount either. I was going to wait for a sale, and then I thought to myself, "Self, after all the money you've wasted on BS products that didn't work you BETTER not be cheap when it comes to finding out the truth of your hair!" So I just ordered it. When I put your code in I was pleasantly surprised to see the discount.

mg1979

Ok ladies - my analysis may not be as helpful because my hair is not healthy. But it confirmed everything I was thinking.

My hair is severely damaged which is why it is breaking and I can't seem to get a handle on it. Somewhere over the past 2 years I have heat damaged my hair and the hair has been splitting all the way up the shaft. It didn't change my texture but it destroyed the protein in my hair. This probably goes back as far as Dec 2010. I think I used heat 3 times 12/10, 4/11 and 9/11 for length checks. But I think only 12/10 was the full head. I think I only did the back for the others.

Anyway, the damage is so severe her recommendation is to save it I need to cut my hair to 2". This I could already see coming.

She also confirmed that I am low porosity. My cuticle lays very flat. And she says when my hair is healthy I should not do protein treatments. But I do not have to avoid products with regular wheat protein or silk amino acids.

Since I am close to menopause she spoke to me a lot about diet, exercise and supplements to counteract the hormonal changes that are affecting my hair and scalp. She said she noticed hair loss and wants to make sure we reverse it if possible. And she was concerned about the high level of shedding. I have been working on my hair loss for the past year and I think my shedding is much less than it used to be. She said that henna would probably make my hair more brittle because my cuticle was so flat.

She provided a lot of pictures of my healthy hair and my other hair. She showed me pictures of what hair looks like when its thinning. She gave me recommendations on supplements with dosages. She was fine with the hair products I am using.

She takes her time and answers any questions.

Unfortunately because I don't really have much healthy hair she couldn't give me a lot of help on a new regimen. She said I need to get the cut to see what type of hair I have. But she said I could send her questions at any time. And she wants to stay in touch with me during the 3 months to see how I am progressing.

Thanks for sharing this...I've been eagerly awaiting your results as I know you are a fellow lo po. It trips me out that heat damage could come from only 3 uses of heat! I guess all it takes is once though! My last use of heat was about 13 months ago. I wonder if I could have some damage and not even realize it.

This sounds way more detailed than the Live Curly Live Free hair analysis. For the cost, I think I got what I paid for and it was a good first step to finding out that I was lo po and what to avoid. I'm tempted to try this one just to see what they say, but it's kinda pricey. Using Kinky Curly is working better for me than anything else, but if I stop making progress...I may have to dish out the $65.

faithVA

[USER=19270 said:
amwcah[/USER];16431301]@[USER]coyacoy[/USER]

I sure did!

Go to the checkout page and put the code in the Customer Referral Code box. It will be at the bottom below the login information.

coyacoy

virtuenow said:
Patiently waiting on pictures coyacoy ....:)

virtuenow....i actually tried right before i left the office earlier and kept getting an error message from lhcf saying an unexpected error had occurred and the application crashed or closed or something each time i clicked upload after attaching the file....if i can bring myself to get on a computer again today i'll give it another go....otherwise i'll try again tomorrow

LaidBak

amwcah said:
coyacoy LaidBak

Mmmm, the code didn't work for me. The following is the message I got.

The discount scheme has expired or you have entered an invalid Promo Code

^^Yep, that's right. I forgot that you have to add the code on the second page.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Ok ladies I've just ordered my hair analysis :grin:! I also have a customer code if any one would like to use it for any purchase on their website. My code is ZFACED8C. I've also learned that you must be a new customer in order to use an existing customer code.