Lace Front or Not????

cutiebe2

Ladies I need your advice!

Right now I am below/around SL length. I am natural, and I never straighten my hair. Last year during my first year of college I did not get that much growth because I was wearing my hair in protective styles (ponytails) but it was freezing cold here!!! I also had to use a brush to brush my hair into place which did not help. Looking back the cold was drying my hair and it was not at the level it could have been.

This year I decided to really step my game up. I either wear a scarf or wear a half wig. The half wig is wavy and I have to wear a headband with it. Underneath my hair is thriving since its such low manipulation and I can even condition it under my half wig or under my scarf. But this style is getting boring, especially since I have to wear a headband to conceal the difference in texture between my hair and the half wig

So now I am really thinking of getting a lace front. I want one that is a very curly/ kinky afro texture. I have been looking on BHM and they have tons of info that has helped a lot (thanks to whoever posted that tip) But I am wondering if it is worth it. I have a good head of hair and if I keep it protected it will be at least APL by the end of the school year. But this weather is too much to just have it out (plus it is kinda weird to go from a longer half wig to shorter nappy hair).

Should I put in the effort to get a lace front? I would only wear it for second semester so that's about 4 months (but I would wear it daily). If you have other options (like a half wig that is a good kinky texture) please tell me. I just need to do something. But I know a lace front will be work if I don't want to look AHAM...

thanks in advance!!!

I don't know what to advise you about the lacefront. Personally, they're too expensive and way too much up keep for me (and the curly ones are the most difficult from what I've read).

I'm natural and I have a half-wig from hairsisters.com that I love. Everyone, and I mean people who see me everyday and have seen my hair length, all thought it was my hair even though it's like apl and I'm not. It matches really well. I still wear a head band with it but it doesn't have to cover up all the front of my hair. Anyway here's the link. It looks weird in the picture because of the hair color...but I got it in 1b and it's great. And it's only 20 dollars.
http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=2437

If the link doesn't work the name of it is: Silhouette Synthetic Half Wig Jamaican

Hope this helps!

its really up to you.

i have heard mixed reviews on the glue used with lacefronts then i also read its possible to wear one without the glue....

if you have the money why not get one and try it out?

this reminds me to get a 1/2 wig with a curl texture as well.

I go on bhm sometimes and get so tempted by the lace fronts. I've been going back and forth about it as well. I'm so sick of my wig. I've been wearing it for about two months now. In my opinion, the lf seems like a great protective style. It is expensive, but you can look really nice while protecting your hair at the same time. I just think they look nicer than regular wigs, but can be just as protective, so it's really up to you. As far as the glue issue, there are many women who don't even glue it, and just use bobby pins I believe. There is a member here, atlien I think is her screen name, who did this, and her hair thrived :yep:. But I do feel that if done properly, the glue wouldn't be an issue. But as you know everything doesn't work for everybody!

Girl...... Let me tell you...My fotki will speak for itself...That lace front wig glue is the devil..imo..Child, I can tell you first hand, the clean up is horrible, the application isnt that bad but the upkeep takes too much of my time. They are not for everybody. IMO it takes MUCH more patience than regular hair. They ripped my edges clean off, I still havent recovered.....

Ladies I need your advice!

Right now I am below/around SL length. I am natural, and I never straighten my hair. Last year during my first year of college I did not get that much growth because I was wearing my hair in protective styles (ponytails) but it was freezing cold here!!! I also had to use a brush to brush my hair into place which did not help. Looking back the cold was drying my hair and it was not at the level it could have been.

This year I decided to really step my game up. I either wear a scarf or wear a half wig. The half wig is wavy and I have to wear a headband with it. Underneath my hair is thriving since its such low manipulation and I can even condition it under my half wig or under my scarf. But this style is getting boring, especially since I have to wear a headband to conceal the difference in texture between my hair and the half wig

So now I am really thinking of getting a lace front. I want one that is a very curly/ kinky afro texture. I have been looking on BHM and they have tons of info that has helped a lot (thanks to whoever posted that tip) But I am wondering if it is worth it. I have a good head of hair and if I keep it protected it will be at least APL by the end of the school year. But this weather is too much to just have it out (plus it is kinda weird to go from a longer half wig to shorter nappy hair).

Should I put in the effort to get a lace front? I would only wear it for second semester so that's about 4 months (but I would wear it daily). If you have other options (like a half wig that is a good kinky texture) please tell me. I just need to do something. But I know a lace front will be work if I don't want to look AHAM...

thanks in advance!!!

do your research well on these, I bought two and it's a great concept but the work to get them glued on right and upkeep is tedious, not to mention all the supplies you will need to wear them. and your edges may be compramised as well. overall, a braid style (I prefer individuals) may be a better option for you. IMO.

My

thanks for the responses so far

For me I don't think the money is that big of an issue (for a LF that cost 120-200 bucks) I used to spend $100 for individual braids that could only last 2 months:ohwell: so I guess its all relative

but I agree with people about the upkeep. It seems like another set of hair! Some women have damaged hair or just shave their hair off..so the LF becomes their hair. But I would have to take it off 2 times a week to DC...can't give up my DC!

msa: thanks for the link...that color is a little crazy! but I think it would look nice in black

Girl...... Let me tell you...My fotki will speak for itself...That lace front wig glue is the devil..imo..Child, I can tell you first hand, the clean up is horrible, the application isnt that bad but the upkeep takes too much of my time. They are not for everybody. IMO it takes MUCH more patience than regular hair. They ripped my edges clean off, I still havent recovered.....

See, this is exactly what stopped me from getting one. I considered it a few years ago to have another protective styling option but I'm just not messing around with any glue near my hair.:nono:

Back