~**Ladies I need your help**~ (a lil long)

SexySin985

Earlier this year my hair began to thin out and break off badly. So I went to the salon to get it cut (july 9th) and I've also been stretching my relaxers (my last relaxer was on July 6th). And so far my hair has done a complete 180! I do a big wash on Wednesdays with hot oils treatments and deep conditioning and I do a conditioner wash on Sundays. With my new routine, my hair is much thicker than before and it is also very soft and managable. I have fallen in love with my hair:) As of right now I am 10 post relaxer with minimal, but normal shedding.

Anywho..

I will be in a wedding on Nov. 12th. By that time I will be 18 weeks post relaxer. I was planning on stretching my relaxer until Dec 28 (by then I will be 25 weeks post) so that I could start off the new year with a fresh relaxer and go back into braids for most if not all of 2006. The bride wants us to do a specific updo style for the wedding, which for me will require that I have some tracks glued in. The other girls in the wedding party all have BSL- waist length hair so they dont need any tracks. But since I am the only one in the wedding party with neck length hair, I would need to have some weave glued in :( . And I had a HORRIBLE experience with a glued in weave last year :mad: which led me to find this board :).

I was thinking that I could get some kinky twist and have them long enough so I could put them in a cute updo. When I told the bride that I think I might get kinky twist for the wedding she just gave me a look of disgust and said "your gonna be the only one in braids, that's not going to be cute" :mad: WTF??

So ladies, does my kinky twist idea sound good? Do you guys have any pics of kinky twist in an updo that would be cute for a wedding? Or what other styles do you suggest I do? Because I REFUSE to have a repeat of last years weave disaster. And plus, the hair style she wants is some hot ghetto mess that requires a lot of glue, gel, and hairspray and I know that I will not keep my hair like that for more than a week. My braids on the other hand will last me form 6-8 weeks! And I understand that it is her wedding day and she wants everything to be perfect but it is MY money paying for my dress, shoes, and hairstyle. So shouldnt I have a say?

The bride also told another girl that she cant be in her wedding unless she loses weight :ohwell: . Boy I tell ya, for some people, having a man put a ring on ur finger can really turn you into a b**ch!

Thankx in advance for your replies! You guys are the best :)

goodness your friend there can be a lil harsh especially telling other person about weight thing.
Maybe u might be able to get them sewed in instead

Don't take this as advice, because I'm slightly crazy and do things that more normal people don't do :lol:

I wouldn't go! Hell naw, you aren't going to tell me what I HAVE to do with my hair, or that I have to lose weight! What kind of friend acts that way towards people that are supposedly close to her...

Ok, that's all :)

Maybe you could try another, less damaging weave option? I know some girls on here wear weaves, and still have gorgeous, healthy hair.

Weave wearers, Where are ya?!? :)

Porsche19 said:
Don't take this as advice, because I'm slightly crazy and do things that more normal people don't do :lol:

I wouldn't go! Hell naw, you aren't going to tell me what I HAVE to do with my hair, or that I have to lose weight! What kind of friend acts that way towards people that are supposedly close to her...
Ok, that's all :)

Maybe you could try another, less damaging weave option? I know some girls on here wear weaves, and still have gorgeous, healthy hair.

Weave wearers, Where are ya?!? :)

i'm normal... **angelic look**... that would be my reaction (in bold)... can we say BRIDEZILLA?!?!

as far as the hair, i think the sew in option is a good one... do you get to pick your own stylist?? because if you can, you can take a pic of the hot mess hairstyle she wants and see if your preferred stylist can recreate it without all of the damaging aspects... :cool:

You're hair...for a wedding, I had my first and only ever set of tracks glued in. My stylist put them in on a Friday (or Saturday), wedding was Sunday. She washed them out on Monday or Tuesday, so I had them in a total of 3-5 days. She says if they stayed in any longer, I'd have damage.

Sew-in is a better, but possibly more expensive option. The bride has already nixed the kinky twists, so if you are already agreeing to participate in her wedding, and you've already argreed to be subjected to her irrational rules, then, you might as well go on a sew-in or glue-in tracks for a few days.

I wouldn't want all my bridesmaids looking like Stepford Wives, but what do I know.

locabouthair said:
i would get a sew in weave. you can add as many tracks as you want.

That what I was thinking because you dont have to get it glued in but if I had a friend like that I would more than likely opt out of her wedding if she got that many damn requirements. Sheesh! Its just a wedding.

I really wouldn't care how my bridemaids looked! As long as they looked decent, it really wouldn't matter. It's the bride's day not the bride's maids day!

Personally, I wouldn't put glue in my hair for anyone, especially if it took my hair out before. If she's your friend she should accept you as you are..

IMO: People put too much emphasis on the wedding day and not the marriage!

Back