LADIES, I'M REALLY SCARED!!!!!

calliope

Ladies,
I am truly at my whit's end. Since joining the forum, the health of my hair has improved dramatically, but the state of the left side of my head is still a mess. I look so stupid when I wear my hair out! The left side is thin and seems to be getting thinner- its about a good inch shorter than it should be. It also looks never quite right in the morning, no matter how I take care of it at night and it never gets as straight as the right side after a re-touch. Now, right next to that pitiful mess is my nape which used to be about an inch long, but thanks to the forum, its about two and a half inches now. Its growing well so i can't complain. Now the right side is thick and fierce and threatening to grow right down my back with or without my left side. This is even after I had about an inch trimmed off to try to even things up! My right side is waaaay past my shoulders and I'm scared. If I were to even things up, I would have to cut EVERYTHING off - I mean TWA. This is what my stylist told me. But I'm scared that the same problem would just happen again. To put it into perspective, my right side can make a long, thick pigtail. My left would look like about 3 strands of short hair. Is this scab hair? What can I do? Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it? I would greatly appreciate any help before this gets out of control. Sorry so long.

jasmin

No matter what you hair is going to grow differently depending on which side. Both will get better as you take care of it but they will probably never be exactly the same length or thickness.

I don't understand why stylist continue to tell people that cutting and trimming will fix what they consider to be a problem. There's a old thread around that explains this better. My hair also has different lengths on each side. Trying to even it up has never changed that. It always winds up growing at a different pace.

It can happen with body parts too. One side may be bigger than the other.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I say don't cut it and see your Dermatologist soon. In the mean time if you can pull one side behind you ear (the thinner shorter side) that would help keep it from being so noticable. You may also want to wear some protective styles like cornrows or flattwist to camaflodge the shorter side, if you wear them halfway back and leave the back out noone should be able to see the big difference. Get creative and get a hair book so you can incorporate some new styles to work w/what you have until it catches up. HTH

anahnamuslyyours

I have sorta the same problem. My left side is extremely prone to breakage; especially during times of stress. I've tried a lot of things, but nothing short of relaxing and lots of vitamins seems to work. There are a few more things I want to try, but I have to get my juicer first. I noticed that while I was drinking carrot juice daily, I didn't have nearly as many problems. And I was thinking of eating eggs everyday to see if that makes any difference either. We'll see...and I'll be sure to let you know. Though, if anybody has any other suggestions, I'm open to new ideas.