Ladies who bun I need some help.

RosesBlack

Okay I have been bunning for months and it's working out really well mostly.

However, I am running into new problems I'm not sure how to address.

My hair is almost ( ) that close to being mostly full SL, it's thick texlaxed. Very very fluffy naturally.

Now I think my awkward length is to blame for this but it seems like no matter where I put my bun on my head, I have two sections from my temples on back that will not lay down, nor will they stay in my bun. The ends reach okay I checked that this morning but that part gets out and by midday I look like a hot mess. Should I get some barrettes to hold that bit down? I'm not using any heat so my bangs options are kind of limited (also thanks to my non hair styling self).

Also I only know how to do one kind of bun. A donut bun.

I have no idea how to use pins, combs, or other things like that. Is my hair still too short for that or should I just buy some and hope for the best?

I've been watching bun tutorials for days but I'm not quite getting it. I want to continue bunning but I don't want to lose progress on the sides of my head.

I've tried tying my hair down with my scarf in the morning before work but that only works for a little while.

I'm not freaking out though, this is a wee little milestone. I've hit a length that I don't know what to do with so that's good.

TIA ladies.

Nonie

I would have no problems using bobby pins if I were having that problem. Just make sure they are smooth all through and have their "heads" on so that there's no snagging on your hair. I think barrettes that don't have sharp edges--like the ones in the top row on this page--would work as well.

The Princess

Okay I have been bunning for months and it's working out really well mostly.

However, I am running into new problems I'm not sure how to address.

My hair is almost ( ) that close to being mostly full SL, it's thick texlaxed. Very very fluffy naturally.

Now I think my awkward length is to blame for this but it seems like no matter where I put my bun on my head, I have two sections from my temples on back that will not lay down, nor will they stay in my bun. The ends reach okay I checked that this morning but that part gets out and by midday I look like a hot mess. Should I get some barrettes to hold that bit down? I'm not using any heat so my bangs options are kind of limited (also thanks to my non hair styling self).

Also I only know how to do one kind of bun. A donut bun.

I have no idea how to use pins, combs, or other things like that. Is my hair still too short for that or should I just buy some and hope for the best?

I've been watching bun tutorials for days but I'm not quite getting it. I want to continue bunning but I don't want to lose progress on the sides of my head.

I've tried tying my hair down with my scarf in the morning before work but that only works for a little while.

I'm not freaking out though, this is a wee little milestone. I've hit a length that I don't know what to do with so that's good.

TIA ladies.

:perplexedOMG Im having the same problems, its the sides and back, I was just thinking about cutting the ends in the back, however that won't solve anything. I think my problems is because Im stretching and my hair is so unrully now, I want to just take it out and :spank:. Also where im at, its so dusty and windy and hot, that what I do have gel on it, it get whipped up as soon as I go outside. If you get some bobby pins, you should be okay, as long as they are coated, you will be fine. Good Luck, besides once it grow, you won't have that problem anymore.

RosesBlack

I sent my boyfriend out for bobby pins and made sure they are coated with the bulbs on the end.

I am thinking about maybe using some of those torishell combs.

I am relieved it's not just me.

At the end of my stretch last week it was a super hot mess. I might try to find some styling product to help cut down on that.

starfish79

You could maybe try headbands. Just make sure they are the super soft ones, I wouldn't recommend plastic.

CheLala13

I'm having the same problem! That's why I stopped putting my hair up. And I think my head is shaped kinda funny. In the back....ugh. On the right side it's really curly so I cut the relaxed ends off and it looks so cute. But on the left side, it's just fuzz. Horrible. My hair is layered and the top layer always looks broken off...

so many problems lol

RosesBlack

If your hair is wet when you bun, try tying your hair down with a scarf for 20 minutes or so to help it blend and lay flat.

I usually bun dry or 80% air dried. My hair totally defeats the scarf method 99% of the time. It's cute for a few hours then FLOOF.

I am going to try a headband/maybe rectangular scarf.

Or alternately I might try some new styles of bun.

LayneJ

I had the same problem when I first went natural, because my hair was cut in layers. I am just now able to bun all my hair without any clips.

I have no idea what the clips are called, but I got them from Walgreens. Bobby pins catch in my hair, so I don't use them. These "snap" on and off; all you have to do is slide it on, and snap it shut.

I have a couple of them on in the pic...

Attachments

• 000_4199n-vi.jpg
    000_4199n-vi.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 6

RosesBlack

I had the same problem when I first went natural, because my hair was cut in layers. I am just now able to bun all my hair without any clips.

I have no idea what the clips are called, but I got them from Walgreens. Bobby pins catch in my hair, so I don't use them. These "snap" on and off; all you have to do is slide it on, and snap it shut.

I have a couple of them on in the pic...

Yes I was just looking at those. They are on my list for my next walgreens trip.

And you seriously just killed me with that puff. Killed me dead it's so pretty.