Ladies who comb daily

dicapr

I cannot go days without combing. So I try to restrict combing to no more than 2 times a day. I am very careful, first sectioning my hair and finger combing that section. If i meet any resistance, I grab some leave in, spray the section, finger comb again, and then use the wide tooth comb on the section. I usually get normally shedding with this method. Any one have a simpler method for combing hair daily?

goldensensation

Are you texlaxed yet? How are you wearing your hair daily? How often do you wash it?

To avoid tangles, I cannot skip more than a day without combing. So my preference is to comb daily. But I have noticed that when I up my washes from 2x a week to 3/4x a week and detangle under the force of the water w/ my conditioner, my hair has never EVER been less tangled and I can skip a day.

dicapr

goldensensation said:
Are you texlaxed yet? How are you wearing your hair daily? How often do you wash it?

I am relaxed about 95% and texlaxed 5%. I wear my hair in a claw daily and wash about 2 to 3Xs a week. My scalp doesn't like no manipulation even if my hair does. When wearing up dos and braids for more than a few days, I get heavy scab like dandruff build up and sometimes my scalp is sore afterwards. If I comb daily, this doesn't happen.

Catina72

Well, I don't know if my way is better but it seems simple to me. I usually only comb my hair when it has been freshly wash/cond and then I have my leave in and oil on. However, for you, since you are putting a leave-in on before you comb your dry hair, use a shower comb and start combing the ends of your hair then proceed up the hair. It seems quicker than individual parts finger combed, then combed, section by section. Although your way seems less manipulative but if you are looking for speed, try my way and see. I do not get alot of hair in the comb ( 2-6 strands-i count!) and I can quickly comb and then put hair in a protective style. HTH

Synthia

I comb my hair twice daily as well.

I only comb fresh hair.

after my daily cw, I put my leave-ins on when I'm almost dry. And use a bone comb to detangle (it's not that tangled, so that goes fast with no stress).

Once dry, I put in Caruso rollers without combing.

When I take the rollers out, I comb my hair to blend the curl and that is it!

I do not comb my hair for the rest of the day.
I do not comb hair that dried hours ago.
If I need style freshening, I just use my fingers until the next morning's CW.

I don't know if this will work for you ... you might have a different thickness, texture....