Ladies Who DC With NO HEAT...

Sunshine0801

How long do you usually allow the conditioner to penetrate your hair? I usually aim to DC for 2-3 hours, but today I'm in a hurry so I was thinking about only DC'ing for 1- 1/2 hours. Is this a sufficient amount of time to allow the conditioner to penetrate even though I am not using any heat (i.e. no hooded dryer or heating cap)?

mscocoface

If you are using a conditioner cap and place a really warm wet towel over that and then wrap a large towel on top of that you should be fine.

Even without the additional wet warm towel, be sure to wrap your head so that you can maintain the heat that escapes from the scalp to build up heat you should be fine.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
just 10-15 minutes or so. If I'm doing something around the house, I'll keep it in until I'm done, so sometimes I go longer.

prospurr4

I never sit under the dryer to DC....too much trouble for me. I DC on dry hair covered with a plastic cap while I do stuff around the house. After 10 minutes or so, my body heat kicks in, so I leave the cap on for an additional 30 minutes, then rinse. This works very well for me.

TinyT

I never use a heat source other than my body temperature trapped under the plastic processing cap. I usually keep the cap on for at least 2 hours. Taking a nap helps me pass the time.:sleep8: I have only done an hour and that was not too bad either. But optimum is 2 hours minimum for me.

A_NYRican

I am new here but I dc with a plastic cap on, then i put a hot towel turbin on top of the cap and seal that with another plastic cap for 30 mins.

HTH

PinkPeony

Usually anywear between 1hour and 12+ hours:look:.
It really depends on what I have to do around the house,sometimes I put the cap on before I go to bed and sleep in it and wash it out with my next shower when I get up.
My minimum is usually 1.5 hours tough

Isis

I deep condition 30 to 45 minutes with just the plastic cap and my body heat. This works very well for me and it's so simple. It's easy for me make good use of the time around the house while conditioning.

I swear a platic cap with a cholesterol processing cap placed over it. I usually keep them on for 1 - 2 hours.

here's a picture of the cap. it can be found at walmart, sallys or the bss.

Attachments

• SBS-480742.jpg
    SBS-480742.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I swear a platic cap with a cholesterol processing cap placed over it. I usually keep them on for 1 - 2 hours.

here's a picture of the cap. it can be found at walmart, sallys or the bss.
I wear that cap then put a winter cap on top and do stuff around the house for a while-at least 2 hours.

tricie

Since being on the forum, I DC with a plastic cap with a turbin twisty thing (or a towel) over that for about an hour. It is definitely a time saver considering I used to always DC under the dryer; now I can get things done around the house and still "do" my hair!

HTH & HHG!

aloof one

I don't think I need to do any of that extra stuff unless my hair feels funky. I typically DC under a shower cap or plastic bag then throw on a scarf or something over that. I rinse after about an hour.

I only do it overnight or several hours if my hair is too hard or damaged or something. And that's if I don't want to just sit under the dryer for 45 min.

sonce

I DC for about an hour. I cover my head with 2 or 3 showercaps (the thin, clear salon types) and the heat generated is amazing.

Windsy

Plastic cap and about an hour. Usually time it right when I have something to do so I don't get impatient.

fivetimestwo

At least an hour but I aim for longer if possible. I really want to start using heat though. Cuts down on the amount of time I need to have the condish in :yep:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I put the conditioner on my hair then put on a conditioning cap and go to sleep for the night. I wash it out in the morning.