Ladies who has been to a dominican salon??

4mia

Have you every gotten a relaxed at a Dominican salon? If so what was your experience. I need a touch up and I know that they do a great silk treatment and blowout but what about relaxers?

Thanks in advance

Britt

It all depends. You have to find one that doesn't overlap too much. Most hairdressers I've seen have a tendency to bring the relaxer down much further than the new growth. I know that's inevitable for the most part, but there is a line between relaxing 1 inch of new growth compared to relaxing the first 3 inches of hair. It's all about technique which is not specific to Dominicans only. If possible, I'd watch the stylist first and see how she does touch ups.

I went to a Dominican salon today and while I like how they do blow outs and rollersets, I know I wouldn't let any of them in there give me a touch up. However, I do go to another Dom stylist for a touch up and she does a good job. She doesn't overlap and she moves quickly.

kami02

Living in NYC, all I go to are Dominican salons. It really depends on the stylist. Some are great and others not good. I suggest you see them in action first or ask for a recommendation from people at the salon you are going to.

danysedai

Treat them as any other salons, there are awesome dominican stylist and awful ones, same as in everywhere.

Do a consultation first, and go for another thing like a rollerset or a treatment and watch how she does other client's relaxers. I would ask if you can bring your own relaxer (personally I don't like to switch relaxers and always bring my own,and now I'm a DIY) and if you can bring your own protectant for your relaxed ends (I use Mizani Honey Shield), how long does she process the hair for, and what outcome you want (bone straight, some texture to it, etc)