Ladies who have tried BOTH Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 and Karen's Body Beautiful....

Which is the better moisturizer?

• I've tried both and KBB wins!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I've tried both and 14 in 1 wins!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've only tried KBB, but it's the best!

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I've only tried 14 in 1, but it's the best!

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Okay, I need to know if KBB is as moisturizing as 14 in 1. Hawaiian Silky is the ONLY moisturizer to keep my daughters natural hair moisturized.

I wanna order enough to recieve free shipping, so I'll also be ordering some products for the chirrens :)

So for those of you who have tried BOTH, please tell me which one is better at moisturizing and tell me which KBB product/s you used. TIA! :grin:

good question! i was considering buying some KBB. but i haven't really given my HS a try. i should use some of that up first.

You just ain't gon' be satisfied, are ya? :laugh: I personally can't use HS for an extended period of time. It's very deceiving on my hair; thought it was moisturizing only to find my ish Sahara dry. The Hair Milk is okay as a moisturizer but I HAVE to seal it with a butter or oil. What's your daughter's hair type? The butter is heavier than the cream. I like to use both for twists as well in addition to the oil. Did you look at the ingredients for the products you want? I can't remember off hand the difference between the cream and butter, I think the cream has more oil while the butter is more buttery :look: Oh, I've also found that KBB works better on my damp hair opposed to soaking wet. I dig the nectar on wet and dry hair. The Luscious Locks mask is the business too. Pretty good leave in as well. Only downside, unscented :(.

All that to say, I gave an answer, but you may want to disregard for the fact that your dd's hair likes HS while mine doesn't so what may work for mine may not work for her. I couldn't vote because neither actually satisfy my moisturizing requirements. I'm rambling, sorry. Afternoon caffeine.

Last edited:
Nope, I'm never satisfied! Always gotta see if the grass is greener :lol:

One of my dd's has 3c hair. I could throw chicken lard on her head once a month and it would be moisturized and shiny :lachen: My other daughter has very dry and picky 4a hair.

I saw the ingredients and was thinking of using Hair Milk mixed with Hair Cream sealed with Hair Butter. Her hair can take a lot :)

So since my beloved 14 in 1 and KBB don't moisturize your situation, what does? :D

Nope, I'm never satisfied! Always gotta see if the grass is greener :lol:

One of my dd's has 3c hair. I could throw chicken lard on her head once a month and it would be moisturized and shiny :lachen: My other daughter has very dry and picky 4a hair.

I saw the ingredients and was thinking of using Hair Milk mixed with Hair Cream sealed with Hair Butter. Her hair can take a lot :)

So since my beloved 14 in 1 and KBB don't moisturize your situation, what does? :D

The mixture you mentioned sounds cool. I get the best moisture from HE LTR, ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion, most of my cowash conditioners and a couple others :look: but I use these two regularly on wet or damp hair w/my JBCO and/or Vatika and I'm always in business.

The mixture you mentioned sounds cool. I get the best moisture from HE LTR, ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion, most of my cowash conditioners and a couple others :look: but I use these two regularly on wet or damp hair w/my JBCO and/or Vatika and I'm always in business.
Her hair hates LTR, ORS and using any regular con as a leave in.... Her curls are super picky :ohwell:

I'll get the KBB :D I can't wait to smell them :lick:

Back