Ladies who press their hair

TRINITY05

Questions for you:

How often do you press?

Have you noticed any damage to your hair?

How long does your press normally last?

If at least a week, if needed, do you touch up your edges to possible go another week?

ProfectivGirl

Good good question...bumping

No Matter Of You're Relaxed, Natural, or Texturized We Are All Beautiful Black Women...And It Doesn't Get Any Better Than That!

BeautyGoesDutch

How often do you press?
I press my roots once a week

No, I really haven't I use products to prevent any damage to happen.

2 weeks, but I have to flat Iron my hair not my roots mid week in that second week.

If at least a week, if needed, do you touch up your edges to possible go another week?
No my edges lay down because I use hicks edges.

longfroinghair

Questions for you:

How often do you press?

What do you count as press? Cause some people use it strictly to mean With a Pressing Comb. I use a flat iron

RENIBELL

Questions for you:

How often do you press?
once a month

nope,no damage
3weeks to 4weeks

1)Once a Month
2) Nope no Damage
3)4weeks
4)No, touching up will cause damage. i just end up wearing a bun for the last two weeks delaying wash day for me = low manipulation = retaining lenght:yep:

Last edited:

TRINITY05

1)Once a Month
2) Nope no Damage
3)4weeks
4)No, touching up will cause damage. i just end up wearing a bun for the last two weeks delaying wash day for me = low manipulation = retaining lenght:yep:

WOW! Your press last 4 weeks...that's impressive. Between my workouts and showers, its hard for my hot press to last more than 2 weeks. What's your secret?

RENIBELL

WOW! Your press last 4 weeks...that's impressive. Between my workouts and showers, its hard for my hot press to last more than 2 weeks. What's your secret?

two huge satin scrunchies, the roots might poof up some but the ends stay silky smooth. i wear it up, wrapped around one scrunchie with the other scrunchie over the bun, and this keeps it smooth.i let it down whenever i want to switch up my look. and i have silky big waves.after the third week though, i keep it up and just smothen my edges with a baby hair brush.

my hair does get a little wet or damp on the edges after showers but as long as it doesnt soak up, it will stay smooth under the scarf. if i keepit bunned until it dries.soon those days i wont have is down. it actually starts to look straighter after the first week from wrapping it in the satin scrunchie every night:yep:

aa9746

Questions for you:

How often do you press? 0 times 2009, 4 times 2010, 2 times 2011

Have you noticed any damage to your hair? I notice less retention when i use heat

How long does your press normally last? not too long, puffs up quick

If at least a week, if needed, do you touch up your edges to possible go another week? nope i leave it puffy, trying to reach hair goals right now

Nonie

Questions for you:

How often do you press?

I don't really have a schedule but it's pretty seldom. So far it's been end of 2004, end of 2006, April 2009...and haven't done it since.

I didn't but do wonder why my crown seems to grow slower than anywhere else...and wonder if it's just being older or if some damage occurred that I wasn't aware. I honestly didn't notice any.

About a week.

I don't coz I get bored with straight hair. My hair is so light that it has no swing so I wear it in updos and ponies. I enjoy the ease of styling and can look glam in a jiffy, but I get bored with it quickly and miss the laziness of having natural hair--like I can twist and forgetaboutit for weeks.

In 2004, I was a nut and would touch my hair up with the flat iron daily after a steam shower. Needless to say, I did have a set back and had to do a chop of about 2 inches to get rid of fried ends and then grew my hair back in braids.

faithVA

@TRINITY05, you are going to get a mix of answers because many consider flat ironing pressing and will not understand you meant with a pressing comb. You can try to edit your first post and specifically say that you mean pressing comb because you can't change the title.

There was another thread that talked about pressing comb but I don't know where it is right now. You can search on pressing comb. And you can also check the heat training thread.

I use a pressing comb but not enough to give you any stats. And Chicoro, uses a pressing comb.

Last edited:

Ms Lala

You're not going to find many ladies on here who use pressing combs regularly. You might want to try reading some of the older threads w/advice from Pinkskates who pressed w/a hot comb regularly. I used to press my hair but I usually ended up w/split ends from it.