Ladies with blunt hair cuts

superstar

This question is for the ladies with the blunt hair cuts, Does your hair grow mostly all one length and you just clip the ends to make it look more clean or does your hair grow in layers (like mine :) ) and you give yourself regular trims to eventually even it out. I love the look of blunt cuts but my hair grows in layers and to blunt it up I would have to lose alot of length.

RabiaElaine

superstar said:
This question is for the ladies with the blunt hair cuts, Does your hair grow mostly all one length and you just clip the ends to make it look more clean or does your hair grow in layers (like mine :) ) and you give yourself regular trims to eventually even it out. I love the look of blunt cuts but my hair grows in layers and to blunt it up I would have to lose alot of length.

My hair is not nearly as long as yours, but I do have a blunt cut. I love them too!!! I believe that even though you have a blunt cut not all the hair will be the same length or reach you in the same place on your neck or back. For me I like my back hair length to be even, the front can be a little shorter. So if you want to retain length I would make sure that the hair in one area is the same length so that you have the fullness but you don't have to cut everything to the same exact length if you don't want to.

I hope that made sense :).

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I love the look of blunt cuts but my hair grows the way it wants to. In November I had my mom give me a blunt cut. I had to sacrifice a little length but I loved the look. By December I could see that my natural "V" shape growing back. At Southerngirl's advice I'm gonna leave my 'V' shape alone and work on maintaining length.

Jewell

I have a blunt cut, but I won't cut again 'til July. I'll take at least an inch off then. Until then, my hair is free to grow how it wants to. My hair grows pretty evenly, but the ends look a little ragged sometimes...so I just take the shears right on across. I did a light dusting today (picked out any split ends and cut them), and I must say, my trim is holding well! (Last trim Jan 05).

Last edited: