Ladies with SIMPLE regimens!!

Crystal22

:drunk:Calling ladies with SIMPLE regimens. I mean very simple, lol. Have you too gotten drastic results? I'm not knocking anyone. Whatever you do and however you get there is great if it works for you and has benefitted your hair but right now a sister is on a budget!:lachen: I want to be a future PJ too but I'm not able right now lol!!
So similar minded ladies, what is you regimen and your product list? Have you gone from SL to BSL in a short period of time? Has you hair grown just as well as other ladies with a more extensive regimen?

Opalsunset

I pretty much keep my hair braided as much as possible. I wear a half wig/full most of the time for protection.

I shampoo my hair about once a week and do a deep conditioning at the same time. I leave my conditioner in for about 45 minutes.

Then I braid it up, and let it air dry.

I apply leave in conditioner, I add moisturizer (Im on the hunt for a new one though) and BT

I moisturize and apply the BT just about daily

and thats it for me! It works great! I retained all of my growth last year doing this. I got the standard 6 inches. :yep: HTH

Crystal22

Thankyou!! I think I just needed to see and hear of people who didn't do this and this and this to their hair on a daily/weekly basis and still have beautiful manes. You can get caught up into thinking if you don't do xyz your hair won't grow o great lengths and be healthy.

Opalsunset

So true! I noticed a lot of the ladies on the board keeps simple regimens and they grow their hair to beautiful lengths! It's all about finding what works for you and when you find those few and true products and methods, stick with them, as soon as I start adding more stuff to the regimen something goes wrong. :spinning:

BrooklynSouth

Years here doing and buying all kinds of things have brought me full circle right back to the items which started my LHCF journey...ORS olive oil, any shampoo,coconut, a few Indian oils, Profectiv breakfree{protective and such a moisture retainer!} a simple deep conditioner and leave-in;once in a while combing to prevent tangles and knots. I strayed trying to match other's long results but I'm back to health, health, healthy hair care.

foxieroxienyc

Yeah I keep it simple pretty much too. I don't have a ton of products. I have my shampoo that I like, I just switched up my DC to something coneless which works wonders, I have some HE conditioners for CW-ing, my leave-in, and heat protectant. I tend to stick to the same products and the same style after washing which is usually drying and lightly flat ironing. Now I'm doing W-n-Go's and Braidouts... Anymore complex than that I'll rip my hair out. My hair is benefiting thus far.

Opalsunset

most of the products I use are organic, so I pay more for them, like Lush retread conditioner, giovanni leave in conditioner and moisture shampoo and so on...but its only a few products I use so it doesn't brake the bank for me.

lovedone_24

Speaking of simple I'm still trying to develop mine. Yesterday I tried the ORS pack after washing with red label Creame of Nature shampoo. I followed this with Infusium 23 leave-in. Sadly I blow dried because I didn't have to time/patience to roller set or air dry. Then @ night I applied Mizani H2O night treatment, which I am now in love with! The washing/deep conditioning gave me mixed results though. The Infusium may have thrown the balance of my hair off, but I usually have better results washing/conditioning with Pantene Red Expressions (I have highlights). It DOES NOT do much for my color (from what I can tell), however I am very pleased with the way it leaves my hair. Had good results with the ORS in the past, may have to do it every other wash. So for me I think I'll stick to:

Pantene Red Expressions shampoo/condtioner
Deep condition w/ORS every other week
Mizani H2O night treatment (haven't decided on the frequency)
Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave-in daily (good stuff)
Olive oil as sealant

LynnieB

Simple will definitely get you where you want to be!! Just find a routine and a core group of products that your hair always responds well to and stick with it.

I bc'd to shoulder length May 24, 07 and i have reached bsl (enough to claim but not totally full) in about a year.

My regimen is very basic; wash (poo and/or cowash), deep condition, moisturize with my spritz, use heat sparingly and low manipulation.

I stray w/products cause i like to try new things every now and then but i always wind up going back to the same cheapos over and over again. :yep:

Vo5, aubrey organics, elucence (new addition that i really like), lustrasilk cholesterol, ors replenishing packs, jojoba oil are the basic basics :grin:.

Basic and cheap poo's (suave, HE degunkify, CON, dr. bonners, burts bees and roux's porosity control) are the usuals suspects - don't use them all the time just when my hair feels off or scalp feels a build up.

Wash or cowash at least once a week or 10 days or cowash more if i'm in box braids or twists.

Styles are twist/braid outs, box braids, twists and puffs.

hth - can't think of any thing else atm.

Fine 4s

:drunk:Calling ladies with SIMPLE regimens. I mean very simple, lol. Have you too gotten drastic results? I'm not knocking anyone. Whatever you do and however you get there is great if it works for you and has benefitted your hair but right now a sister is on a budget!:lachen: I want to be a future PJ too but I'm not able right now lol!!
So similar minded ladies, what is you regimen and your product list? Have you gone from SL to BSL in a short period of time? Has you hair grown just as well as other ladies with a more extensive regimen?

I mean very simple, lol. Have you too gotten drastic results?
I noticed that I can't stick to complicated hair care techniques/regimens. For example, I used Ayurvedic tea rinses but got tired of all the prep work. I used to pree-poo with Amla oil and other conditioners the night before wash day but haven't done so in a couple of months (might keep this up since I believe it made my hair darker), I used to baggie but got too lazy and didn't like the feeling of a bag over my head while I slept. I bought BT once and was too impatient to wait for results, I only used MN once. See where this is going? So, for my natural hair the main thing is, wash (usually every week but I'm going on 3 weeks now lol), DC (never used the same DC twice yet) and bun, braid or twist up. I haven't found a good moisturizer yet but I have been using up my Cantu Shea Butter. I've gone a couple of days without a leave-in and my hair does get dry.

I want to be a future PJ too but I'm not able right now lol!!
In my experience my success is hardly because of the products used but in how I manage my hair. For example, if I only had soap, no DC and no leave-in, I am confident that I would be just as successful so long as I keep using a protective styling method and handling my kinks gently. uhhhhh...I'm not saying I want to test this out though :)

So much for confidence...

So similar minded ladies, what is you regimen and your product list?
Right now, finishing up my Siliconado by Barros Minas (given to me) then I'll try the Dominican DC Miel y Leche by Lafier I believe, using up my Cantu Shea Butter but this weekend I'll probably do a pree-poo with Aubrey GPB since I've been wetting my hair every day for about 2 weeks now.

Have you gone from SL to BSL in a short period of time?
You know, I never considered myself at SL but last week someone asked how long my hair was BEFORE I purposefully started to care of it and the girl motioned to SL! I always thought I was closer to APL! I've looked at old pics and the length tends to vary but when I met the person, my hair might have been around that length after all. So, to make a long story longer, I'm BSL now (some say longer) and my journey started in early 07.

Has you hair grown just as well as other ladies with a more extensive regimen?
Yes.

Crystal22

Thanks ladies for letting me know you are aprart of the KISS club lol. Is there are KISS challenge?? :grin: I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who didn't have enough >fill in the blank_______ time/patience/ money/energy< etc...to have a fanciful regimen. I mean its hard enough for me to remember (even amongst my small number of prods) when I last used such and such conditioner. I wish I could be as thorough with my regimen as others but I don't think I ever will be, and I really dont think its just because of my lack of funds right now. I think that is just how I am.:look: And my hair doesn't seem to be the worse for it either.

Starian

My current haircare regimen is inspire by sloth and laze themselves.

My hair has grown consistently and just as well now that I've been reduced to a once weekly wash, dc, and wet bun with an occasional rollerset here and there. Very simple, very effective. You don't have to do 80 things to get good growth. When you do the extra stuff it can HELP, sure.

But I'm just too lazy for all this pre-pooing, mixing pastes and ****, weekly hennas, etc. I said f' it, my hair is just going to have to lose out on that extra half inch or whatever. I can't be bothered these days for more than some oil on my scalp during the week. :nono:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
are simpler methods easier to do when hair is longer? I dont know why I feel like the only one having extreme difficulty with short hair. everything only works once and i can never get consistent results:wallbash: i tried to keep it simple in braids but by one week and only one rinse in between my braid became matted something horrible:nono: i washed my hair with CON red label and now its dry as a bone even with all my conditioners and moisturizers:nono:

Crystal22

But I'm just too lazy for all this pre-pooing, mixing pastes and ****, weekly hennas, etc. I said f' it, my hair is just going to have to lose out on that extra half inch or whatever. I can't be bothered these days for more than some oil on my scalp during the week. :nono:

:funny:
Girl you are a straight mess!!

Last edited:

ajoyfuljoy

quick prepoo sometimes, wash, dc, (light protein when needed) and rollerset once a week

moisturize and cowash during the week

most of the time my hair is in a bun!

That's it!

Simple is best...and a lot less stressful

~~HoneyComb~~

Cowash once a week, I currently use one styling aid - jojoba oil gel, put it in a style and wear it that way for the entire week, until next cowash.

MizaniLocs

My regimen in simple (IMHO, because we all know simple is subjective to some folks :look:).

I gain the average 6 inches a year, give or take a few inches (if I don't cut it).

I pre-poo, shampoo, DC, add leave-in, put my hair in one big twist, and airdry with a scarf.

I moisturize daily and seal with oil and twist it right back up.

I tried the complicated stuff and I can't do it. I WILL NOT spend my whole weekend doing my hair.:nono:

ebonylocs

It always seemed to me that the longest haired ladies have the simplest regimens. (Maybe because it just gets to too much work).

It doesn't get much simpler than loveya4ever / lala. She is hip length and washes, conditions and flat irons every 3 weeks and doesn't do anything else in between (no combing). See her fotki here:http://public.fotki.com/redhotlala/.
Sylver's regimen is also simple.

As for me, my hair is nowhere as long as those ladies. But I grew from SL to BSL in 2 years. Mostly using something like Crown and Glory. That is: extension braids for 2 months, out of braids for 2 months, braids for 2 months, out of braids for 2 mths, etc. When I was in braids, I would spritz daily with mixture of water + glycerine + liquid strengthening leave-in. When I was out of braids, low manipulation (two-week twists when I was natural, buns and infrequent combing when relaxed).

charmtreese

My regimen is simple only 2 easy steps!!!

1. Daily I moisturize, massage, Bun & scarf for bed and Bun & style for work
2. Weekly I pre-treat (with oil), wash, deep condition (overnight), and rollerset

memee1978

myY regimine is very simple......first im natural....2.i use only moisterizing products on my hair.......last i make sure my ends are protected seriously moisterized3.i wear my long pony tail4,at bnight i pin it up5,the next day i spray a lil water on it to smoooth the hair out....thats it.:rolleyes:

Jynkx

i keep it simple. i use 5 products. and i do this every 2-3 days.

* prepoo with EVOO
* 1 lather wash
* regular conditioner
* detangle in shower
* castor oil on hair
* bun
* aloe vera gel to slick hair if im going anywhere.....lol

naturaline

yep the golden oldies are the best! i do the same really. cheap conis mix - oil/honey are good... comb my hair when wet and plait. i keep plaits till dry and then wear a braid out.:grin:

Simple will definitely get you where you want to be!! Just find a routine and a core group of products that your hair always responds well to and stick with it.

I bc'd to shoulder length May 24, 07 and i have reached bsl (enough to claim but not totally full) in about a year.

My regimen is very basic; wash (poo and/or cowash), deep condition, moisturize with my spritz, use heat sparingly and low manipulation.

I stray w/products cause i like to try new things every now and then but i always wind up going back to the same cheapos over and over again. :yep:

Vo5, aubrey organics, elucence (new addition that i really like), lustrasilk cholesterol, ors replenishing packs, jojoba oil are the basic basics :grin:.

Basic and cheap poo's (suave, HE degunkify, CON, dr. bonners, burts bees and roux's porosity control) are the usuals suspects - don't use them all the time just when my hair feels off or scalp feels a build up.

Wash or cowash at least once a week or 10 days or cowash more if i'm in box braids or twists.

Styles are twist/braid outs, box braids, twists and puffs.

hth - can't think of any thing else atm.