L'anza Ultimate Treatment has been great for my breakage

foxy_brown

I just wanted to mention that I have been using L'anza Ultimate Treatment (5-step) for about 6 months now and it's been great. I tried Joico reconstructor along with the stuff that comes with that process, and I tried something from Nexxus. This was after I had relaxed my hair four times in one day and prior to that I had relaxed it 8 times in two weeks, so it was falling off. By the time I started using L'anza, 1/4 of my hair was all natural because the rest had fallen off - luckily it was in the back so I could sort of pull it off like I was wearing a crazy hairstyle. After I started using L'anza, I realized the hair was the same as it was when I started using it. It's worked great for me in terms of preventing breakage. I use it once a week and I leave the reconstructor on for half an hour to an hour and the same for the chemical balancer. You get maybe two or three hairs on your comb and sometimes you get none. If you have very delicate hair then watch the combing during this process it can cause tangles if you are not washing standing up in the shower. Also the shampoo part is drying so better to comb before applying the second shampoo and after applying the reconstructor - this is for hair that is very delicate and breaks easily but also tangles easily (like mine). You can comb any time after you've put the reconstructor on and any subsequent rinses - but it's better to comb when you have either the reconstructor, chemical balancer or leave in protectant, it's fine to comb any time during or after step 5. At any rate comb less please, and don't wash with your hair down over the sink, stand in the shower, the water helps. Other than breakage, since I started using this treatment, my hair isn't turning orange from relaxer which is what has always happened in the past. I didn't know I could have black/dark brown relaxed hair (relaxed afro) without having to color it. I would definitely recommend L'anza Ultimate Treatment 5-step. My hair isn't long but I was starting from about an I - 1.5 inch fro and now I have a 3-4 inch afro six months later - including trimmings where I cut off any part of the hair that felt "rough" to the touch and then shaped things after - this might not be very impressive to you but to me this kind of growth only happens if I keep my hair in braids for at least one year straight - and the fullness is the same everywhere - no thinning parts! When I got new growth I thought it had thinned, but after relaxing I realized it hadn't. I love L'anza Ultimate Treatment and I would recommend it to anyone who is having issues with breakage. Buy the big salon sizes - the little ones in the cute box are great if you just want to test the waters, but way too expensive if you want to continue using the product. Amazon sells the cute box, it's great for figuring out how much of each item you will need compared to the others and whether you want to use this product, after that if you decide to use this product, super-size it! Good luck ladies, and thanks, if it weren't for you I would not have known to venture into reconstructor regimens - who knows, one day I might have long hair.

Last edited:

Brownie518

I just wanted to mention that I have been using L'anza Ultimate Treatment (5-step) for about 6 months now and it's been great. I tried Joico reconstructor along with the stuff that comes with that process, and I tried something from Nexxus. This was after I had relaxed my hair four times in one day and prior to that I had relaxed it 8 times in two weeks, so it was falling off.

I had to put that in red for DANGER!!! May I ask what made you do this?

delp

This has been on my wish list for awhile but I took it off when I decided to go natural. I have read numerous articles about using it in conjunction with a relaxer. Great to have first hand testimony.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FVUEI2...e=380337&creativeASIN=B000FVUEI2&linkCode=asn

NEUTRALIZING (Oxidizing) Neutralizing solution contains the oxidizing agent hydrogen peroxide or sodium bromate. The oxidizing agent releases oxygen in the hair. This combines with the hydrogen of the cysteine to form water, as well as a new cystine bond.
TIP: Place a 1/4-oz. of L’anza® Curls & Color Keratin Booster into your neutralizer. This will provide additional strength to the hair and aid in the reformation of the cystine bonds.

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/4266/perm.html

longhairlover

girl why you relax your hair so much? you are going to be bald.

I'm happy the L'Anza is working for you though, I will add that to my list of products to buy in bulk.

Good luck and stop over relaxing, it's not good for your scalp either.

I just wanted to mention that I have been using L'anza Ultimate Treatment (5-step) for about 6 months now and it's been great. I tried Joico reconstructor along with the stuff that comes with that process, and I tried something from Nexxus. This was after I had relaxed my hair four times in one day and prior to that I had relaxed it 8 times in two weeks, so it was falling off. By the time I started using L'anza, 1/4 of my hair was all natural because the rest had fallen off - luckily it was in the back so I could sort of pull it off like I was wearing a crazy hairstyle. After I started using L'anza, I realized the hair was the same as it was when I started using it. It's worked great for me in terms of preventing breakage. I use it once a week and I leave the reconstructor on for half an hour to an hour and the same for the chemical balancer. You get maybe two or three hairs on your comb and sometimes you get none. If you have very delicate hair then watch the combing during this process it can cause tangles if you are not washing standing up in the shower. Also the shampoo part is drying so better to comb before applying the second shampoo and after applying the reconstructor - this is for hair that is very delicate and breaks easily but also tangles easily (like mine). You can comb any time after you've put the reconstructor on and any subsequent rinses - but it's better to comb when you have either the reconstructor, chemical balancer or leave in protectant, it's fine to comb any time during or after step 5. At any rate comb less please, and don't wash with your hair down over the sink, stand in the shower, the water helps. Other than breakage, since I started using this treatment, my hair isn't turning orange from relaxer which is what has always happened in the past. I didn't know I could have black/dark brown relaxed hair (relaxed afro) without having to color it. I would definitely recommend L'anza Ultimate Treatment 5-step. My hair isn't long but I was starting from about an I - 1.5 inch fro and now I have a 3-4 inch afro six months later - including trimmings where I cut off any part of the hair that felt "rough" to the touch and then shaped things after - this might not be very impressive to you but to me this kind of growth only happens if I keep my hair in braids for at least one year straight - and the fullness is the same everywhere - no thinning parts! When I got new growth I thought it had thinned, but after relaxing I realized it hadn't. I love L'anza Ultimate Treatment and I would recommend it to anyone who is having issues with breakage. Buy the big salon sizes - the little ones in the cute box are great if you just want to test the waters, but way too expensive if you want to continue using the product. Amazon sells the cute box, it's great for figuring out how much of each item you will need compared to the others and whether you want to use this product, after that if you decide to use this product, super-size it! Good luck ladies, and thanks, if it weren't for you I would not have known to venture into reconstructor regimens - who knows, one day I might have long hair.

foxy_brown

Sorry I haven't logged on in so long, but I just saw the posts asking me what made me relax my hair so many times. First of all I am crazy - that should explain everything, if you want specifics to this situation it means I will experiment and I am not scared to go bald from bad results - but I would not recommend this approach to any of you if you are trying to keep or grow your hair long.
Next my hair responds very oddly and inconsistently to relaxer and I was looking for a consistent texture, now I have become comfortable with having many multiple textures - and I am not bi-racial so it's not even about that.

So it's now 2009, I hadn't used L'anza Ultimate treatment in a while, my hair is "texturized" in other words I have just enough curl again after relaxing a couple of times - yes I did have to shave my head after deciding that I wanted my hair to be a whole other texture, so anyway it grew back and I went to the salon to have it texturized which for my hair means use regular relaxer for the regular amount of time, then I came home and felt I had to touch it up further. Anyway after my craziness it seemed like every time I touched my hair I would take a palmfull of hair out then I remembered L'anza and decided to try it again, I used it all five steps on Sunday and already I am not grasping fistfuls of hair just from touching it - although I have to warn you it can tangle during the five step process - I had forgotten about that. I will definitely still use it if I think my hair is breaking. It's great for stopping breakage like the kind brought on by crazy hair practices.

foxy_brown

Ok new update. My love affair with L'anza is over - I think it was good when my hair was less curly, now I am wearing a curly relaxer and it really tangled my hair. My hair didn't break except when I was trying to untangle it of course. So I'm looking for another deep treatment for curly relaxer and I am open to suggestions. I still think L'anza would be good if your hair is relaxed straight or if you used it and you don't get tangles in your hair.

By the way, when I got tangles I washed with Garnier shampoo and condititioner for curly hair and that got rid of all the tangles then I put curls.biz milkshake.